⚾ WORLD Champion Astros Off-season Thread ⚾

RETIREDFAN1

Today at Astros spring training......Michael Brantley told a young fan he’d return after defensive work & give an autograph.
When Brantley realized he forgot to do so, he brought the boy onto the field to talk baseball, sign his card & give a fist bump.
That’s Uncle Mike, y’all.

It seems to me it would have been easier and less disruptive to shave 30 seconds off the time between innings, or a couple of minutes off the 7th inning stretch, maybe a few minutes off the introductions ... instead of this pitch clock garbage ....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

It seems to me it would have been easier and less disruptive to shave 30 seconds off the time between innings, or a couple of minutes off the 7th inning stretch, maybe a few minutes off the introductions ... instead of this pitch clock garbage ....

I agree.  Having been a pitcher you only need a couple of warm up pitches to get back in form.  Even when I played I thought it was stupid, but I thought it was for tradition.  As for a pitch clock if runners are on base that should be out the window.  Steals will rise dramatically, because while you have the eye on the pitcher the first or third base coach could clap their hands like a starting gun to take off.  If they are going to do that they should remove the balk rule.  

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for season to start. It is almost here.

Very disappointed that Tucker (and to a slightly lesser extent) Valdez have not been extended.  Also disappointed that no upgrade has been established for Dubon.  Sorry but I don't want a .200 hitter playing almost every day.  We already have that in Maldy.  We will have to be lucky this year with our pitching staff. The depth of pitching is not there although some of the higher end newcomers look promising.

Ready to Rock !!!

• Like 1