Longhorn Basketball : 22-23

bordertown

3 hours ago, Baron said:

My understanding from what I have read, is that she doesn't want to file charges. Can the state pursue a case with out charges being filed as in a statutory case?

Not an attorney, so I don’t know but suspect they can. To me from the University’s view was whether his “behavior is clearly unbecoming of a head coach”.  To be clear, I want him to survive. But my gut says he is gone. The question is will he walk away with a settlement or empty pockets.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:27 PM, bordertown said:

Not an attorney, so I don’t know but suspect they can. To me from the University’s view was whether his “behavior is clearly unbecoming of a head coach”.  To be clear, I want him to survive. But my gut says he is gone. The question is will he walk away with a settlement or empty pockets.

I figured they would negotiate a smaller buyout and let him walk. 

I’ve seen rumors from Lubbock that his fiancé is a crazy person and has quite the temper. He’s obviously shown that he is very high strung as well. I would not agree with Texas trying to keep him unless they can 100% prove it wasn’t him. 

While Texas May not reach their potential this season, but they just opened an incredible facility and they should be able to hire a great coach as soon as this year is over. 

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I figured they would negotiate a smaller buyout and let him walk. 

I’ve seen rumors from Lubbock that his fiancé is a crazy person and has quite the temper. He’s obviously shown that he is very high strung as well. I would not agree with Texas trying to keep him unless they can 100% prove it wasn’t him. 

While Texas May not reach their potential this season, but they just opened an incredible facility and they should be able to hire a great coach as soon as this year is over. 

I had a buddy (who is a pessimistic fan, mind you) text me and tell me Texas basketball is done.

Texas basketball will be just fine. The actions of Beard inside his own household do not represent that program nor the players on that team. I'm sure that took a hit inside the locker room morale wise, but this is just a small bump in the road for the basketball program. I think right now they are handling the situation appropriately.

• Like 1

Kansas St outscored Texas 116-103. It was a combination of Texas’s inability to protect the rim and incredible shooting by the Wildcats. They shot 60% from the field, 54% from 3pt, and 94% from the line. Every time the Horns made a run, the Wildcats responded drilling a 3pt shot. 

9 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Kansas St outscored Texas 116-103. It was a combination of Texas’s inability to protect the rim and incredible shooting by the Wildcats. They shot 60% from the field, 54% from 3pt, and 94% from the line. Every time the Horns made a run, the Wildcats responded drilling a 3pt shot. 

Most total points in a regulation Big 12 game.

With today’s Beard news, I hope Terry can keep the players focused this weekend. Thinking about the players & coaches whose lives just took a second punch. I doubt Terry will be considered for the head coach next year. Del Conte is going to be watching a lot of basketball over the next two months.

Edited by bordertown

15 hours ago, bordertown said:

With today’s Beard news, I hope Terry can keep the players focused this weekend. Thinking about the players & coaches whose lives just took a second punch. I doubt Terry will be considered for the head coach next year. Del Conte is going to be watching a lot of basketball over the next two months.

Agreed! I know Texas basketball hasn't done anything as far as championships go, but the stock right now is extremely high. I expect some big names to be in the mix.

On 1/5/2023 at 7:20 PM, bordertown said:

I'm thinking CDC was forced to do this. Silence for the first three weeks and then a sudden firing. IMO this was forced by a woke element that has a lot of sway at UT.

13 hours ago, Baron said:

I'm thinking CDC was forced to do this. Silence for the first three weeks and then a sudden firing. IMO this was forced by a woke element that has a lot of sway at UT.

Texas did their own investigation according to reports and this came as a result of that. Regardless if Beard isn’t charged with a crime, having pictures of him in prison clothes and the original affidavit from police is a terrible look for the university. 

Once this became public and details came out Bears didn’t have a chance to keep his job. 

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas did their own investigation according to reports and this came as a result of that. Regardless if Beard isn’t charged with a crime, having pictures of him in prison clothes and the original affidavit from police is a terrible look for the university. 

Once this became public and details came out Bears didn’t have a chance to keep his job. 

I get that, but I just think the law should prevail, not the court of public opinion. And this isn't even a private sector situation.

4 hours ago, Baron said:

I get that, but I just think the law should prevail, not the court of public opinion. And this isn't even a private sector situation.

I would assume there are pictures and evidence taken from the night of showing the affidavit to be true. He was fired with cause, I don’t think Texas lawyers would stupid enough to fire him without paying if they were not justified and public pressure would not be justified if he was not guilty of what he is accused of. 

58 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I would assume there are pictures and evidence taken from the night of showing the affidavit to be true. He was fired with cause, I don’t think Texas lawyers would stupid enough to fire him without paying if they were not justified and public pressure would not be justified if he was not guilty of what he is accused of. 

He was fired because he was arrested. Look at what the UT legal office posted.

I would think that Kelvin Sampson would be an awesome consideration finally at Texas. Second choice, Eric Musselman...both of these guys are top notch and could continue in the vain of being able to use the transfer portal in an incredible way. I think that's 1B - 49.9% or even higher to competing for national championships on a yearly.