Longhorn Basketball : 22-23

bordertown

I like Rice on offense but he need a lot of work on defense. don't know if it is effort or technique but he seems to always be trailing the man he guarding all the time and gives way to many easy lay ups on cuts to the basket. How hard is it to stay in between your man and the goal.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 1:51 PM, PelvisPresley said:

I watched a replay from midnight to about 1:30...wow, what a game!!! Horns, what a comeback!!! Man, I love Rice!!! That dude is rock solid!!!

Three players have carried this team at different portions of the season. Hunter for the first half of the OOC schedule, then Marcus Carr and now Rice. This is a veteran team.

On 1/15/2023 at 1:31 PM, bordertown said:

I am ready for an easy win. These coming back from double digit deficits are excruciating. But it does illustrate the maturity of the team. Moody Center crowd gets an assist for the 72-70 win over Tech.

The Big 12 is one of the best basketball leagues in the nation. I don't think we're going to see too many easy games in the future. Maybe @ WVa or home against Okie lite?

• 2 weeks later...

And then Lubbock happens. I expected Tech to come out hyped, but I fully expected Texas to handle it. Especially against a team that was missing two key pieces. Per IT Terry was slow to adjust to what Tech did and waited until halftime while Tech adjusted on the fly in the second half to Terry's changes. Not a good look. Shades of Shaka. :2cents:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Baron said:

And then Lubbock happens. I expected Tech to come out hyped, but I fully expected Texas to handle it. Especially against a team that was missing two key pieces. Per IT Terry was slow to adjust to what Tech did and waited until halftime while Tech adjusted on the fly in the second half to Terry's changes. Not a good look. Shades of Shaka. :2cents:

I give a lot of credit to Terry for where he has this team right now, but the whole getting down by double digits at half and storming back is not sustainable. If he truly wants to keep this job he has to start making adjustments earlier.

• Like 1

Travis County DA has dropped charges against Chris Beard. Apparently they did not have enough evidence to prosecute. Suspect when his girlfriend refused to testify against him, the evidence was second hand. Waiting on a civil lawsuit to be filed by Beard to shake down The University for some cash.

On 2/15/2023 at 6:14 PM, bordertown said:

Travis County DA has dropped charges against Chris Beard. Apparently they did not have enough evidence to prosecute. Suspect when his girlfriend refused to testify against him, the evidence was second hand. Waiting on a civil lawsuit to be filed by Beard to shake down The University for some cash.

I think UT has sovereign immunity. That's what Tceh did to the Pirate.

Texas 85 Oklahoma 83 OT

Back & forth game that was a must win for the Sooners (and they played like it). If is obvious that Cunningham has earned Terry’s confidence. While Rice will probably win the 6th man award, Cunningham deserves the 7th man award (if it existed).