Jump to content

4A-2 R5 Van Alstyne(6-4) vs T6 Quinlan Ford(5-5) Friday


HornetSenior
 Share

Who wins  

3 members have voted

  1. 1. Winner?

    • Van Alstyne
      1
    • Quinlan Ford
      2

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2022 at 01:00 AM

Recommended Posts

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

HornetSenior was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 25 points.

VAN ALSTYNE Players to Watch

#2 Sr. Dakota Howard QB/CB 5-11 163 4.46

#27 Sr. Jaden Mahan RB/MLB 6-0 195 4.7 

#62 Sr. Nick Loya DL/OT 6-1 240 5.0

#70 Sr. Levi Copeland OL/DL 6-1 250 5.4

#50 Sr. Colby Hayes DT 6-4 260 5.4

#3 Sr. Jackson Allen WR/RB/SS 6-1 190 4.6

#21 Sr. Caden Whitley MLB/FB 6-2 182

#9 Jr. Keegan Dailey DE 6-2 215 5.0

#18 So. Jaxon Skinner WR/FS 5-11 150 4.7

#72 Sr. Copper Caroll OT

QUINLAN FORD Players to Watch

#3 Jr. Zalen Morales RB/WR/CB 5-11 170 4.6

#15 Jr.  JJ Jorzig RB/CB 6-0 175 4.5

#52 Sr. Gavin Steiger DE/OG 6-4 220 4.9

#40 Sr. Travis Shirley DE/TE 6-1 220

#8 Jr. Jeremiah Coleman WR/RB/MLB 6-1 180 4.6

#28 Sr. Gustavo Sanchez MLB/K 5-10 200 4.8

#5 Jr. Dylan Seabolt RB 5-10 155 4.5

#79 So. Bryan Sanchez OT/DT 5-11 278

#68 Sr. Tavin States OG/DT 6-0 280

#22 Jr. Preston Geiger TE/OLB 6-1 174 4.6

#55 Jr. Corbin Fowler NG/OL 5-8 225 4.9

#72 Sr. Randy Kirkland OT/DT 6-1 245 5.2

#1 Sr. Toby Staten OLB/RB 

#2 Jr. Iliyan Perez FS 5-9 145

#16 Sr. Blake Moreno QB 5-10 144

QF is finally mostly healthy with only Fowler being out the last few games. Coleman missed the first 8 games, while Sanchez and States each missed 3 games during the regular season. Ford's run game really suffered without Seabolt vs Godley.

QF is very good in the trenches and this were the game will be won or lost. Shirley and Sanchez have been nearly unblockable lately, while Steiger has been a handful for opposing OTs all year. With MLBs Sanchez and Coleman both healthy Ford's run defense has greatly improved.

Van Alstynes dynamic duo of Howard and Mahan lead Van Alstyne's offense with 1763 rushing yards and 20 TDs combined. Ford's Morales, Jorzig, and Seabolt have Combined for 2890 yards and 30 Tds. Morales also leads Ford with 263 yards receiving and 3 TDs.

Edited by HornetSenior
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

VAN ALSTYNE Players to Watch

#2 Sr. Dakota Howard QB/CB 5-11 163 4.46

#27 Sr. Jaden Mahan RB/MLB 6-0 195 4.7 

#62 Sr. Nick Loya DL/OT 6-1 240 5.0

#70 Sr. Levi Copeland OL/DL 6-1 250 5.4

#50 Sr. Colby Hayes DT 6-4 260 5.4

#3 Sr. Jackson Allen WR/RB/SS 6-1 190 4.6

#21 Sr. Caden Whitley MLB/FB 6-2 182

#9 Jr. Keegan Dailey DE 6-2 215 5.0

#18 So. Jaxon Skinner WR/FS 5-11 150 4.7

#72 Sr. Copper Caroll OT

QUINLAN FORD Players to Watch

#3 Jr. Zalen Morales RB/WR/CB 5-11 170 4.6

#15 Jr.  JJ Jorzig RB/CB 6-0 175 4.5

#52 Sr. Gavin Steiger DE/OG 6-4 220 4.9

#40 Sr. Travis Shirley DE/TE 6-1 220

#8 Jr. Jeremiah Coleman WR/RB/MLB 6-1 180 4.6

#28 Sr. Gustavo Sanchez MLB/K 5-10 200 4.8

#5 Jr. Dylan Seabolt RB 5-10 155 4.5

#79 So. Bryan Sanchez OT/DT 5-11 278

#68 Sr. Tavin States OG/DT 6-0 280

#22 Jr. Preston Geiger TE/OLB 6-1 174 4.6

#55 Jr. Corbin Fowler NG/OL 5-8 225 4.9

#72 Sr. Randy Kirkland OT/DT 6-1 245 5.2

#1 Sr. Toby Staten OLB/RB 

#2 Jr. Iliyan Perez FS 5-9 145

#16 Sr. Blake Moreno QB 5-10 144

QF is finally mostly healthy with only Fowler being out the last few games. Coleman missed the first 8 games, while Sanchez and States each missed 3 games during the regular season. Ford's run game really suffered without Seabolt vs Godley.

QF is very good in the trenches and this were the game will be won or lost. Shirley and Sanchez have been nearly unblockable lately, while Steiger has been a handful for opposing OTs all year. With MLBs Sanchez and Coleman both healthy Ford's run defense has greatly improved.

Van Alstynes dynamic duo of Howard and Mahan lead Van Alstyne's offense with 1763 rushing yards and 20 TDs combined. Ford's Morales, Jorzig, and Seabolt have Combined for 2890 yards and 30 Tds. Morales also leads Ford with 263 yards receiving and 3 TDs.

How's a 5-5 and a 6-4 team have so many players to watch???

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

How's a 5-5 and a 6-4 team have so many players to watch???

Van Alstyne went 1-3 in Non-district with Losses to Pottsboro, Sulphur Springs, and Anna. Quinlan Ford had only 1 offensive Starter return from last year and had a QB change after starting 0-2. Ford also had a few players that were defensive first team all district last year miss many games this year.

Edited by HornetSenior
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Mt. Pleasant, if available 

Winnsboro would be a nice backup option to Mt Pleasant.  Brand new stadium and almost dead center.  Should be big enough to hold a 2nd round 4A D2 matchup where both teams are traveling around 90-95 miles.  But they would have to adjust the locker room situation to handle 70 kids from Carthage.  😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Winnsboro would be a nice backup option to Mt Pleasant.  Brand new stadium and almost dead center.  Should be big enough to hold a 2nd round 4A D2 matchup where both teams are traveling around 90-95 miles.  But they would have to adjust the locker room situation to handle 70 kids from Carthage.  😳

I think M P is taken for Thursday but may be still open for Friday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I was looking at possible locations for next week.

If Carthage plays VA, most likely it’d be like Mesquite or Garland and if it’s QF we could be back in Lindale.

Mesquite and Garland are waaayy shorter for VA than Carthage. Plus you have to get into the metroplex....

I agree with Mt. Pleasant.  What about Corsicana?  We used to play there pretty regular.

Lindale would be perfect for QF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Mesquite and Garland are waaayy shorter for VA than Carthage. Plus you have to get into the metroplex....

I agree with Mt. Pleasant.  What about Corsicana?  We used to play there pretty regular.

Lindale would be perfect for QF.

Corsicana - wind and more wind…..lol……M P has a nice stadium if u have never been there……equal seating on both sides

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I was looking at possible locations for next week.

If Carthage plays VA, most likely it’d be like Mesquite or Garland and if it’s QF we could be back in Lindale.

If QF wins, Mt. Pleasant, Lindale, Tyler, Gilmer, Athens could be good options. QF played PG in Mt. Pleasant last year and Pitt in Sulphur Springs.

Edited by HornetSenior
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

If QF wins, Mt. Pleasant, Lindale, Tyler, Gilmer, Athens could be good options. QF played PG in Mt. Pleasant last year and Pitt in Sulphur Springs.

It would be kind of funny to play at the home stadium of a team the winner is likely to face. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...