Jump to content

Round 2: Daingerfield vs Dekalb Friday @7 in Sulphur Springs


TigerBlue09
 Share

Daingerfield vs. DeKalb   

52 members have voted

  1. 1. Area


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

Congratulations to both teams for wins last night and opportunity for a face off next week. All this talk about coaching being a problem for Daingerfield is absolutely ridiculous.  As previously stated disciple and role modeling starts at home and should begin at a early age. When a rebellious teenager misbehaves, you can't expect someone to come in and fix it. If the child it's reprimanded harshly then complaints begin from parents and fans. When the child is punished by lack of play on the field in some cases, the coach is blamed for not playing his talent. All in all you can't make some people happy. Since when is a playoff run year in and out bad? Daingerfield has had many great teams year in and out , but only 6 titles with 9 appearances(lost to Medina Valley 84, Newton 99, Cameron Yoe 2012) What happened, or was coaching the problem? If you can do better stop by and drop a application at admin in Dfield. In this game I'll take my Tigers by 21. 

Edited by KrookedWolfe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FridayNightLightss said:

Bears will win! DF is SOFT

Dekalb been on the come up the last few years for sure! CC got a bad taste of DF speed back in 18 in the 3rd round 🤣 ain't kept up with em much since then but Goodluck to both!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, FridayNightLightss said:

Dk by 6-10, Dfield can’t stop the run and penalties will kill them

Dfield had problems stopping the run and special teams against a couple of teams early in the season.. I seriously doubt Dekalb will have that type of athleticism and weapons to do the same thing offensively. Better question is "can Dekalb stop the Dfield run, passing and special teams? Can they do it consistently enough to pull a win? We'll see soon enough.. Go Blue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bubba007 said:

How true Dekalb lost top athlete due to non discipline. Coaches are a substitute father to some of these young men.

It wasn't for a NON discipline issue. They lost him because he assaulted a teacher. Everyone can throw shade which ever way they want. Doesn't change the fact we were terrible last night in our game. It won't happen 2 weeks in a row. Dekalb better tighten their chin straps and lace them cleats on extra tight. We bringing the smoke next Thursday. Tigers get it done in an abundance of scoring. Defense does their job as they have well of late. Stopping the run is top priority 👌 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

It wasn't for a NON discipline issue. They lost him because he assaulted a teacher. Everyone can throw shade which ever way they want. Doesn't change the fact we were terrible last night in our game. It won't happen 2 weeks in a row. Dekalb better tighten their chin straps and lace them cleats on extra tight. We bringing the smoke next Thursday. Tigers get it done in an abundance of scoring. Defense does their job as they have well of late. Stopping the run is top priority 👌 

DF is a finesse team like Texas Tech. That soft defense haven’t hit anybody all year . DeKalb has grinded it out on offense the last few years on the tigers and they will be able to next week as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Dfield had problems stopping the run and special teams against a couple of teams early in the season.. I seriously doubt Dekalb will have that type of athleticism and weapons to do the same thing offensively. Better question is "can Dekalb stop the Dfield run, passing and special teams? Can they do it consistently enough to pull a win? We'll see soon enough.. Go Blue

The Bears has the better backfield and will limit Daingerfield offensive possessions 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kooldown54 said:

Discipline kinda starts at home and filters over from the coach! IMO

That is accurate 100percent but discipline on the field starts with the coach idc what none of y’all say, all that extra mouthing and showboating is on him he didn’t stop them from get go we are gone run into a team that if you let your mouth and actions get us flagged and have us in 3rd n long situation will end up hurting us and causing us the game, beat em in the scoreboard and keep it moving. A lot of this kids have the exact same adult raising them than the teams kids from 06-12 and how many time did hug or bowman have that issue? Hugh maybe 2 times with Johnnie B Hurndon n since then ntn so yea that’s on NELSON

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Congratulations to both teams for wins last night and opportunity for a face off next week. All this talk about coaching being a problem for Daingerfield is absolutely ridiculous.  As previously stated disciple and role modeling starts at home and should begin at an early age. When a rebellious teenager misbehaves, you can't expect someone to come in and fix it. If the child it's reprimanded harshly then complaints begin from parents and fans. When the child is punished by lack of play on the field in some cases, the coach is blamed for not playing his talent. All in all you can't make some people happy. Since when is a playoff run year in and out bad? Daingerfield has had many great teams year in and out , but only 6 titles with 8 appearances.  What happened, or was coaching the problem? If you can do better stop by and drop an application at admin in Dfield. In this game I'll take my Tigers by 21. 

 I disagree with some of this. Give Daingerfield Gilmer or Gunter head coach the last 5 years and I guarantee you it’s some state championships in there . Yes some things starts at home BUT teams feed off the head coach discipline and leadership! Ask Nick Saban. You see he never has discipline issues because he sets the tone 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TigerBlue09 said:

That is accurate 100percent but discipline on the field starts with the coach idc what none of y’all say, all that extra mouthing and showboating is on him he didn’t stop them from get go we are gone run into a team that if you let your mouth and actions get us flagged and have us in 3rd n long situation will end up hurting us and causing us the game, beat em in the scoreboard and keep it moving. A lot of this kids have the exact same adult raising them than the teams kids from 06-12 and how many time did hug or bowman have that issue? Hugh maybe 2 times with Johnnie B Hurndon n since then ntn so yea that’s on NELSON

I agree 100000%

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Dfield had problems stopping the run and special teams against a couple of teams early in the season.. I seriously doubt Dekalb will have that type of athleticism and weapons to do the same thing offensively. Better question is "can Dekalb stop the Dfield run, passing and special teams? Can they do it consistently enough to pull a win? We'll see soon enough.. Go Blue

DeKalb has more athletes than 90% of 3a schools. They have way more athletes than we do this year. Problem is their offense doesn’t cater to that. Got to find ways to get them all involved.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, FridayNightLightss said:

 I disagree with some of this. Give Daingerfield Gilmer or Gunter head coach the last 5 years and I guarantee you it’s some state championships in there . Yes some things starts at home BUT teams feed off the head coach discipline and leadership! Ask Nick Saban. You see he never has discipline issues because he sets the tone 

Exactly stop trying to be their homeboy and be their coach 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, FridayNightLightss said:

I agree 100000%

Some people are sensitive but I guarantee you if he woulda discipline them by say not letting them play the rest of the game or not letting them play the next week it will cut all that out quick and then you find out who really wants to be out there playing foreal 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FridayNightLightss said:

 I disagree with some of this. Give Daingerfield Gilmer or Gunter head coach the last 5 years and I guarantee you it’s some state championships in there . Yes some things starts at home BUT teams feed off the head coach discipline and leadership! Ask Nick Saban. You see he never has discipline issues because he sets the tone 

Alabama? The team who halfway through the year was leading the country in penalties per game?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just referencing game time decisions and getting out coached. I'm not saying i could do any better. One example i can think of is when dfield played pewitt in playoffs few years ago dfield should have won that game but got out coached. Talent has always been there just comes down to coaching. I just think dfield would have couple more rings if so. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Brahmaball said:

I was just referencing game time decisions and getting out coached. I'm not saying i could do any better. One example i can think of is when dfield played pewitt in playoffs few years ago dfield should have won that game but got out coached. Talent has always been there just comes down to coaching. I just think dfield would have couple more rings if so. 

In my opinion we have the most talented team in 3a by a long shot n if Nelson had us disciplined we would be hard to beat dang near be untouchable 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Crawford changed the title to Round 2: Daingerfield vs Dekalb Friday @7 in Sulphur Springs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...