4 vs 1 Thursday night

Destry

1 hour ago, mrclean69 said:

This happens every year. And by THIS I mean someone gets on here and tries to prove a point about 4 seeds and playoff structure. Someone then shows evidence that the opposite can happen. Someone then says something involving "Back in my day".

Mismatches will happen in every round, some districts are stronger than others, nothing is wrong with more football, and why give a team a bye instead of giving a team a chance.

This happens all the time. Someone gets on here and gives an opinion about something and someone else has to try to knock it or doesn’t agree with it.  The topic was started for conversation only. I got it —- let’s let all teams go to the playoffs and everyone is happy. The dc would face the last place team in the other district annd so on  and the uil would get rich . 😂 Best of luck to your team and prayers for no injuries. Everything else is really not that important.

• Roll Eyes 1

10 hours ago, Destry said:

This happens all the time. Someone gets on here and gives an opinion about something and someone else has to try to knock it or doesn’t agree with it.  The topic was started for conversation only. I got it —- let’s let all teams go to the playoffs and everyone is happy. The dc would face the last place team in the other district annd so on  and the uil would get rich . 😂 Best of luck to your team and prayers for no injuries. Everything else is really not that important.

Come on man.  It's not about the UIL getting rich.  That's silly.  It's about kids getting to play a game they love and fans getting to enjoy the games.

I'm guessing Terrell is glad they were allowed in as a 4 seed at 5-5 so they could knock off T-High. 

And Salado at 3-7 having won only one game since Sept 2...they're glad they had the opportunity to play #3 Cuero to a 7-7 tie and end of regulation.  Even though they lost in OT, they showed they could play with anyone in the state.

• Thanks 1

If I counted right, there were 13 4th seeds that won (5A-2A) ... have tracked it for years due to posts like these ... over the years, we usually average almost 18 a year ... given that statement, I should note that there were another 5 4th seeds who came with one score of winning ... 

3 hours ago, DOB said:

If I counted right, there were 13 4th seeds that won (5A-2A) ... have tracked it for years due to posts like these ... over the years, we usually average almost 18 a year ... given that statement, I should note that there were another 5 4th seeds who came with one score of winning ... 

Correct. I keep up with it as well because of these posts every year. Every division had at least one 4-seed win. (5A-2A). Here is a breakdown. 

5A Div 1 - 2 - Magnolia West and Abilene 

5A Div 2 - 1 - Terrell

4A Div 1 - 2 - Big Spring and Brazosport

4A Div 2 - 1 - Jarrell

3A Div 1 - 3 - Dalhart, Mineola, and CC London

3A Div 2 - 2 - Spearman and Wallis Brazos

2A Div 1 - 3 - Hamilton, Riesel, and Ganado

2A Div 2 - 1 - D’Hannis

Honestly this seems like a down year for the 4-seed upsets. Usually it’s anywhere from 12-18% of the games go to the 4-seed. 16-1/4 seed games per division gets us 128-1/4 seed games.  With 15 winning it ended up at 11.7% the 4 seed won or 1 out of every 8.5 games. 

Take this as you will. Lol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Correct. I keep up with it as well because of these posts every year. Every division had at least one 4-seed win. (5A-2A). Here is a breakdown. 

5A Div 1 - 2 - Magnolia West and Abilene 

5A Div 2 - 1 - Terrell

4A Div 1 - 2 - Big Spring and Brazosport

4A Div 2 - 1 - Jarrell

3A Div 1 - 3 - Dalhart, Mineola, and CC London

3A Div 2 - 2 - Spearman and Wallis Brazos

2A Div 1 - 3 - Hamilton, Riesel, and Ganado

2A Div 2 - 1 - D’Hannis

Honestly this seems like a down year for the 4-seed upsets. Usually it’s anywhere from 12-18% of the games go to the 4-seed. 16-1/4 seed games per division gets us 128-1/4 seed games.  With 15 winning it ended up at 11.7% the 4 seed won or 1 out of every 8.5 games. 

Take this as you will. Lol

Being from this side of the world, the one that surprised me the most was Terrell and Texas High ....

45 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Not sure how many districts still have all 4 teams playing but saw this!

Former San Augustine and Alto HC Marty Murr is the head man at Jarrell. Congrats!

Tough district!

6D2ABE96-1B1E-4001-8D51-EA0056BFA2E5.jpeg

That's good to see.  I don't think Jarrell has ever won a playoff game before this year.

Edited by Everide2016
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

That's good to see.  I don't think Jarrell has ever won a playoff game before this year.

Basically. Lol. I was curious. Looks like in 2015 they were 11-1 and in 2000 they were 12-2. Other than that this year where they sit at 6-6 and headed to round 3! Good for them.