Rusk vs Gilmer

buckeyefandom

25 - 7 Buckeyes

Final

Only Rusk TD was a pick 6 at end of 1st half.

Gilmer coaching was terrible this game.

I'll say it for the final time tonight, whoever is calling plays for Gilmer needs to be relieved of this duty. He is terrible.

Hopefully Tennison is OK and will be able to play next week.

Safe travels to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

So, say we both win next week.

Surely we will play at Lobo (please).

Lobo, Rose, SFA, and The Star are all decent options…….The last 2 are several miles closer to one team, but stadium capacity and indoors will probably be considered. 

14 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Lobo, Rose, SFA, and The Star are all decent options…….The last 2 are several miles closer to one team, but stadium capacity and indoors will probably be considered. 

To hell with playing at SFA and especially THE STAR.

Lindale was mentioned, that would be fine, as would Lobo or Rose.

I hate THE STAR.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Gilmer is 11-0 right? Am I missing something with the coaches some nights you just have to do what you need to to get the W and get out. Every good Dog has a bad day hopefully those days happen and you can still win. 

10-0. Gilmer had two bye weeks.

OK, a few quick observations about this game.

1. This is the first year that I can say that the defense for Gilmer is better than their offense. Gilmer can still score a lot of points, but they rely on the big play way too much. There is no ability to sustain drives.

2. The reason for this seems to have much more to do with poor offensive line play than play calling. A hallmark of the Gilmer teams from the past was to get a lead, and then pound the other team with gains of 7, 8, 6, 8, and then bust loose a 40 yard play. That has not happened this year. I thought for a while the offensive line was improving, but they have clearly taken a step back. There are way too many plays when the defensive line is in Gilmer’s backfield. Really doesn’t matter what play is called when the defense has 3 players unblocked. 

3. The Gilmer defense played a great game, but the rusk receivers really helped them out. This would’ve been an extremely close ball game if they had caught some of the catchable passes thrown their way. 

4. That being said, Gilmer won a playoff game on a cold, wet, windy night.  The weather was clearly a factor for both offenses. Credit has to be given to the kids who played in absolutely miserable conditions.  Everyone on the defense played great.  Having Rohan back from injury made a great impact on offense and defense. 

5. The biggest concern coming out of this game for Gilmer is injuries. Multiple kids came out of the lineup at some point hobbling or with an injury. The biggest concern of course as with Tennison. Hopefully he is not too badly injured.

In the playoffs, a win is a win. Hopefully they can get past Gainesville next Friday night. But there is a big red dog waiting. And it ain’t Clifford. 

• LOL! 2