Mr. P

DeSantis vs. Trump  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Donald J. Trump
    • Ronald D. DeSantis
    • "Other" Republican
    • "None" (I am not a Republican)

Let's say the Republican primaries are next month, and let's say that both men have officially announced they're running for the nomination.

LRmFtHm.png

Who are you voting for? 

DeSantis? Trump? Someone else? No one?

il5kgBY.gif

I know this is just hypothetical but I think DeSantis is articulate and can frame a debate very well, Trump on the other hand would rather give people names instead of explaining his position in a way that gathers more votes. Trump did a great job as president but a terrible job of hiring good people who was loyal to him.  

• Like 1

If y'all think that a lot of mouthy POS rich guys tell the vast majority of Trumplicans how to vote, you've got another think coming .....Trump will destroy all competition in the primary........no matter what RINO crap Desanctimonious gets to back him ........

3 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Trump.  Where is Desantis on China and one sided trade deals?  There might be a reason why the rino's are flocking to this guy.  JS

Exactly.......he seems to be allying himself with the RINOs that MAGA will never again support.......

Remember all those 'who didn't vote for Trump' the first time becoming true believers and how that was such a religious experience, so wonder what the outcry and terrible impact will be if he is shunted aside for DeSantis or because his criminality ensnares him or something else pops up. I will stand ready to be compassionate and kind to those in need of Trumpathy. That's Trump and empathy put together. 

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Remember all those 'who didn't vote for Trump' the first time becoming true believers and how that was such a religious experience, so wonder what the outcry and terrible impact will be if he is shunted aside for DeSantis or because his criminality ensnares him or something else pops up. I will stand ready to be compassionate and kind to those in need of Trumpathy. That's Trump and empathy put together. 

Unlike you dimnuts who choose your candidates in backrooms.....the gop primary is still decided by voters.....and Trump voters far outnumber all the rest.....Desantis is aligning with the people that WE will never support like the bush family and RINO Ryan....... ergo: he won't be getting the GOP nomination in 2024......

I mean, Trump, and a few people associated with Trump, are essentially sending the message to DeSantis: "Don't Run".

Is it possible that Trump's camp is actually afraid that DeSantis might garner more votes than him?

DeSantis is younger, won Florida by nearly 20% in the gubernatorial race, and I think has a certain "base" built in (i.e., I think he has a better chance of winning Florida and other Swing States than Trump does).

11 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I mean, Trump, and a few people associated with Trump, are essentially sending the message to DeSantis: "Don't Run".

Is it possible that Trump's camp is actually afraid that DeSantis might garner more votes than him?

DeSantis is younger, won Florida by nearly 20% in the gubernatorial race, and I think has a certain "base" built in (i.e., I think he has a better chance of winning Florida and other Swing States than Trump does).

Of course he is, absolutely. 

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Of course he is, absolutely. 

Wanna talk about a REAL chaos scenario? How's this for you:

Trump and DeSantis both run. Let's assume Biden is unchallenged on the Democratic Side.

So DeSantis gets the R nomination, Trump decides to run Independent.

So now, you have a 3-way split with Electoral votes, nobody gets to 270, and the Presidential race gets thrown to the House. Who does the House vote for?

• Wow 1

18 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

If he is calling him unflattering names he probably is, DeSantis hasn't done anything to Trump but win very big

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

A lot can happen between now and the election. I wouldn't be surprised if two of those don't even run, truthfully. 

True. But Biden has already indicated he wants to run. Trump is supposed to make some kind of "major announcement" tomorrow, though some in his camp are trying to get him to delay it, from what I understand.

I'm just throwing out hypotheticals at this point, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

If he is calling him unflattering names he probably is, DeSantis hasn't done anything to Trump but win very big

Do you think DeSantis has a better chance than Biden to win Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania? If everything stayed the same, but those three states moved into the "Republican" category in 2024, that would give the Republican candidate 274 EVs, and thus the Presidency.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Do you think DeSantis has a better chance than Biden to win Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania? If everything stayed the same, but those three states moved into the "Republican" category in 2024, that would give the Republican candidate 274 EVs, and thus the Presidency.

Arizona and Georgia but Pennsylvania probably not.