Area: Cooper 11-0 vs. Corrigan-Camden 10-1

Bulldognation1

Who moves on?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Hawkball7 said:

I think that CC is the 2nd toughest team Cooper has played as well, no disrespect of course. They remind me a lot of Honey Grove (athletic kids) who gave Cooper fits on defense but couldn't get much going on offense. Dawgs will pound the rock and test every level of the defense. One crease and those cats are gone. 

None taken! We have several playmakers on offense that can take it to the house especially #3 Williams he's electric! But yes this is true the better teams CC has seen this year we haven't really been able to light the board up on (35 points against fair Kirbyville and Coldspring defenses) and then only 28 on Garrison and one of which was a kickoff return, and another a strip six. BUT when your playing the kind of defense CC is capable of playing, you can win a game on 28-35 points! I believe aside from Beckville V. Joaquin this is gonna be one of the games of the week in 2a-1!

Edited by GATA18

27 minutes ago, WildBear said:

In my opinion I believe CC will win this game in a close one. They will find a way to win.I think that loss to Centerville has them going. 

Definitely does man them boys came out Friday with a fire in em that they ain't had all year! This CC team is looking to get a rematch against them tigers! Gotta focus on the task at hand though and that's these Cooper dogs!

2 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Definitely does man them boys came out Friday with a fire in em that they ain't had all year! This CC team is looking to get a rematch against them tigers! Gotta focus on the task at hand though and that's these Cooper dogs!

Congrats on the good win. It will be a tough road to get back to CV that’s if CV can get that far as well

• Like 1

21 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

This is my thoughts after doing a lil homework this evening….

cooper has really learned that Gunter style offense well!  They run it very nicely,  and have the athletes for it ! 
mis direction is crazy…. Hard to follow the ball,  and if you don’t follow it right you will pay for it! 
CC will have to step up even more on defense for this game!!   Because cooper is very fast to the football on defense as well…  

which leads me to my concerns…. 
if we can’t stop coopers mis direction offense,  then CC may be in for a long night ..  

we have got to get the offense rolling better for this game ! 
I believe our defense will have to win us this game…   Our offense just hasn’t been consistent enough… 

but hopefully that changes in Athens Tx ! 
GATA !!! 

Good post. Both teams gotta bring it this Friday. Everyone still playing is good now. Will take one of Coopers best efforts this week… hope they're up for the task.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Good post. Both teams gotta bring it this Friday. Everyone still playing is good now. Will take one of Coopers best efforts this week… hope they're up for the task.

Something tells me this could be a low scoring defensive battle man… I sure am excited for the matchup!   Athens has a great stadium!  

4 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Something tells me this could be a low scoring defensive battle man… I sure am excited for the matchup!   Athens has a great stadium!  

It could be low scoring but both teams have some athletes that can break a game open. Turnovers like usual will be a huge factor. Neither can afford to give the other short fields & extra possessions.

7 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

It could be low scoring but both teams have some athletes that can break a game open. Turnovers like usual will be a huge factor. Neither can afford to give the other short fields & extra possessions.

Very true!!  It will be a great game … I expect some hitting will be taking place in this one… 

10 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

I'm anxious to see how CC fares against the misdirection midline Cooper runs. CC defense has shined against run heavy teams, and pass heavy teams alike but never in the same game hardly until last friday against Garrison they shut the pass and the run both down, CC had several sacks, and picks, including a strip sack for a touchdown! But this is an attack unlike any other they have seen thus far they are really going to have to be keyed in to that backfield of Cooper. It's gonna take capitalizing on opportunities like turnovers, or defensive touchdowns that will put either team ahead in this one, it ought to be a good en!!

1 hour ago, GATA18 said:

I'm anxious to see how CC fares against the misdirection midline Cooper runs. CC defense has shined against run heavy teams, and pass heavy teams alike but never in the same game hardly until last friday against Garrison they shut the pass and the run both down, CC had several sacks, and picks, including a strip sack for a touchdown! But this is an attack unlike any other they have seen thus far they are really going to have to be keyed in to that backfield of Cooper. It's gonna take capitalizing on opportunities like turnovers, or defensive touchdowns that will put either team ahead in this one, it ought to be a good en!!

If there’s been a weakness of Cooper this year, it’s PAT’s. They better convert them this week. As the games get tougher the margin for error gets less & less. Also, Cooper can’t be giving up kick returns for td’s like Garrison did. That really seemed to stun Garrison & really kinda set the tone for CC. They rode that momentum & Garrison never really could get on track. 

49 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

If there’s been a weakness of Cooper this year, it’s PAT’s. They better convert them this week. As the games get tougher the margin for error gets less & less. Also, Cooper can’t be giving up kick returns for td’s like Garrison did. That really seemed to stun Garrison & really kinda set the tone for CC. They rode that momentum & Garrison never really could get on track. 

Definitely so, that opening kickoff return for a TD put CC's foot on Garrisons throat, and they never let it up the entire game, and that's what won CC that game. That game should've never played out like that on paper but that's why you play the game on turf or grass not paper! And i agree in a game as close as I believe this one will be, every PAT,special teams play, etc. is crucial! Which could be an X factor for CC... Does Cooper kick it deep to our speedsters and risk a return? Or pooch it short and give CC a short field? So many questions to be answered as to how this game plays out!

1 hour ago, Bulldognation1 said:

The opening kickoff was huge !  And the very next kickoff for CC was huge also…. Javorian Williams went down and absolutely laid the hat!!!   That kinda made garrison take a step back and they never recovered.. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Definitely so, that opening kickoff return for a TD put CC's foot on Garrisons throat, and they never let it up the entire game, and that's what won CC that game. That game should've never played out like that on paper but that's why you play the game on turf or grass not paper! And i agree in a game as close as I believe this one will be, every PAT,special teams play, etc. is crucial! Which could be an X factor for CC... Does Cooper kick it deep to our speedsters and risk a return? Or pooch it short and give CC a short field? So many questions to be answered as to how this game plays out!

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they won’t be kicking it deep to kam or javorian  .. 😂

Edited by corrigancamden09

Just now, corrigancamden09 said:

😂 or I know if I was the coach..  I def wouldn’t after watching the garrison film… 

i would be kicking it high and forcing fair catches…

If Cooper has struggled with PATs this season maybe not a lot of kicking talent? Maybe a squib is their best bet?

9 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

I can probably guarantee you they won't. I wouldn't give those cats a shot at a return at all lol. Cooper’s got #6 & #9 than can house one at any time as well lol

I’ve been doin my homework on yalls speedsters… lol

yalls QB ain’t no slouch himself!  

one thing I believe CC will eliminate is long touchdown runs,  we have a ton of speed in the secondary..  I believe cooper will have to get it in chunks ..which in the long run..  would be better for clock management! 
the same defense that showed up for CC last week ,  will be much needed this week!!!

Edited by corrigancamden09
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I’ve been doin my homework on yalls speedsters… lol

yalls QB ain’t no slouch himself!  

one thing I believe CC will eliminate is long touchdown runs,  we have a ton of speed in the secondary..  I believe cooper will have to get it in chunks ..which in the long run..  would be better for clock management! 
the same defense that showed up for CC last week ,  will be much needed this week!!!

Yea #10 the qb is a heckuva athlete & runs that offense well. Him & #9 are brothers. #44 has some pretty good speed too but he will just put his head down & run somebody over too. 44 is just a sophomore. 9 & 6 are jrs. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Yea #10 the qb is a heckuva athlete & runs that offense well. Him & #9 are brothers. #44 has some pretty good speed too but he will just put his head down & run somebody over too. 44 is just a sophomore. 9 & 6 are jrs. 

Sounds like cooper will be right back next year with all that talent coming back! 
CC is SR heavy!   Like 20 or 21… 

6 of those seniors were forced to grow up quick in 2019 when they were put on varsity..  and the others went on varsity the next year as sophomores.. 

so they’ve got a ton of varsity experience!

they know how and what it takes to win !  And they also know how to take a butt whoopin as well! 
that loss to centerville last week would have deflated most teams a week before the playoffs..

I believe it was the best thing that could’ve happened! 

Good storylines headed into this game as well! Does Cooper finally have what it takes to make a deep playoff run amongst the likes of the powerhouses in R3? Does CC have what it takes to finally get back to the deep playoff runs they are accustomed to in the days of old..? Many will be answered come friday night i'm pulling hard for them CC dogs!

10 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Good storylines headed into this game as well! Does Cooper finally have what it takes to make a deep playoff run amongst the likes of the powerhouses in R3? Does CC have what it takes to finally get back to the deep playoff runs they are accustomed to in the days of old..? Many will be answered come friday night i'm pulling hard for them CC dogs!

Yea it’s gonna be interesting to see how it unfolds. Cooper has had trouble breaking through that 2nd round barrier. A lot think this is the year they turn the corner in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Yea it’s gonna be interesting to see how it unfolds. Cooper has had trouble breaking through that 2nd round barrier. A lot think this is the year they turn the corner in the playoffs.

I havent seen CC play, but Cooper was one of 2 teams that ran the ball successful on us. Hooks isnt world beaters by no means, but Cooper really impressed me.