Area: Cooper 11-0 vs. Corrigan-Camden 10-1

Bulldognation1

Who moves on?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on?

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

nope....... facts only.................... i was pulling for cc last week just thought they would struggle with garrsion and they did early and oulled away........ a good run good season.... cooper has just bee the surprise of the season............ wins over hooks and grand saline and then putting 70 on lone oak win over collinsville (their only loss)...... they punched up and then absolutely ran through district

I don’t think I’d call Cooper’s season a surprise. They were 11-1 last year & returned most of the talent. 

26 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

I don’t think I’d call Cooper’s season a surprise. They were 11-1 last year & returned most of the talent. 

I have to say I did see you at the beginning of the year saying Cooper should go undefeated and the only question game was ours. 

1 hour ago, Rowebot said:

nope....... facts only.................... i was pulling for cc last week just thought they would struggle with garrsion and they did early and oulled away........ a good run good season.... cooper has just bee the surprise of the season............ wins over hooks and grand saline and then putting 70 on lone oak win over collinsville (their only loss)...... they punched up and then absolutely ran through district

And I don't remember you pulling for CC last week. Now I could be wrong but I don't recall. And 2 rounds should not be satisfactory for CC. Yes last week was our first playoff win since 18, but I remember when the standards in CC was to win state not just make playoffs or win a playoff game. Of course that's shooting for the moon but this CC team is loaded with more athletes than it will be for a little bit for sure, just winning a playoff game then getting bounced shouldn't be mission accomplished, although that is very well how it could play out Cooper is good, nonetheless it concerns me to see CC as one of those teams that's looked at like "well let's make the playoffs, maybe even go 2 or 3 rounds and call it good" 2 or 3 rounds is nothing to shake a stick at, that is a successful winning season and nothing to hang your head over, and it's hard to win a state title, especially as loaded as 2a/3a teams are nowadays. I guess what I'm trying to say is im saddened to see CC looked at as a team with lower standards than others. Nonetheless those guys have done a good job and the new regime seems to have really set in and found a little groove so that's great, Ratliff is doing a great job! I'm just hoping to see a deep run with these talented kids.

2 hours ago, Cannon85 said:

I have to say I did see you at the beginning of the year saying Cooper should go undefeated and the only question game was ours. 

Yes this season isn't that big of surprise for most cooper fans we knew what we had in terms of talent. We are just excited to see how we stack up with best of the state. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I think a bunch wrote us off after the centerville loss..  a ton didn’t expect us to get past garrison last Friday night.. 

If CC can win against a good cooper team ,  then that would be a huge accomplishment and momentum swing! 

Yes I believe this game is big for the direction of each football program. We lucky to be fairly young with lots of key pieces coming back next year and pretty talented younger groups as well. I hope this is the season that sets the new standard for the Cooper Bulldogs football program.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Yes I believe this game is big for the direction of each football program. We lucky to be fairly young with lots of key pieces coming back next year and pretty talented younger groups as well. I hope this is the season that sets the new standard for the Cooper Bulldogs football program.

I will say that I’m very impressed with what coach costa has done at cooper!  
But I may be just a tad bit  partial to fast pace ground n pound offenses… 

10 hours ago, supermaroon said:

You guys are definitely one of the many dangerous pieces in R3 2a-1! A win for CC would take us back to the 3rd round for the first time since 18, and hopefully open some peoples eyes to the fact that CC has arrived back in 2a and we are here for business!

If I had to pick a team to lose to ,  it would be the cooper bulldogs..  

If you notice there hasn’t  been any trash talking on this thread ..  or bashing..

both squads respect each other..  and know how big of a game this is gonna be..

I am very excited for this!

GATA18 please tell me you worked some magic and you gonna be in Athens Friday night! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

If you notice there hasn’t  been any trash talking on this thread ..  or bashing..

GATA18 please tell me you worked some magic and you gonna be in Athens Friday night! 😂

I'll try my darnest to! If not I know where I can catch a great live stream! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yep, definitely got a lot of respect for CC & their program.

• Thanks 2

On 11/15/2022 at 10:06 AM, GATA18 said:

I don't believe Jerry has picked CC all season🤣 must be some of rowebot's kin🤣

ive picked cc every week but 2..................................... i just see through the weak sceduling...........................

41 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

ive picked cc every week but 2..................................... i just see through the weak sceduling...........................

Oh okay my mistake. All i've ever seen you do on here is down CC... And you praised Cooper's schedule, which is probably equally as weak.. No discredit to Cooper they are good, but Buna, Coldspring, and Kirbyville would beat or play a very close game with Hooks,GS,or Collinsville... And Elkhart,Hempstead, and Lone Oak are all equally as bad as one another. Then one good district opponent. Sounds like a pretty identical schedule to me. But I guess since it's CC it's weak🤣

Edited by GATA18

1 hour ago, GATA18 said:

Oh okay my mistake. All i've ever seen you do on here is down CC... And you praised Cooper's schedule, which is probably equally as weak.. No discredit to Cooper they are good, but Buna, Coldspring, and Kirbyville would beat or play a very close game with Hooks,GS,or Collinsville... And Elkhart,Hempstead, and Lone Oak are all equally as bad as one another. Then one good district opponent. Sounds like a pretty identical schedule to me. But I guess since it's CC it's weak🤣

CC played 2 teams with a winning record. They lost one and won one. On the other hand Cooper played 5 teams with winning records.