Malakoff vs Winnsboro

Guest Tiger03lb

Malakoff vs Winnsboro   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I'd say the weather conditions probably helped that decision, I wouldn't doubt that it was in his mind at the beginning of the week preparing for them, for that. Plus, Tatum gave them a recipe to see that was Atlanta's weak spot. 

We aren't Atlanta though. We have a better defense than them and yes I'll say that. We are up to wherever Winny brings and I assure you that those boys will be prepared come Friday.

Absolutely you guys aren’t Atlanta but we aren’t Dallas Madison or Kemp or Eustace. With that said, the Tigers will be the best team we’ve played by far 

Guest Tiger03lb
4 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Absolutely you guys aren’t Atlanta but we aren’t Dallas Madison or Kemp or Eustace. With that said, the Tigers will be the best team we’ve played by far 

I hope not. It wouldn't look good. Lol. Other than the Teague game, this will be a good game since non district. 

What are the chances that Winny breaks out the T in this game? I know they came out a few series in some games and in the MV game but I feel that series in the mV game was to eat the clock. 

Just now, Tiger03lb said:

I hope not. It wouldn't look good. Lol. Other than the Teague game, this will be a good game since non district. 

What are the chances that Winny breaks out the T in this game? I know they came out a few series in some games and in the MV game but I feel that series in the mV game was to eat the clock. 

Eh truthfully probably won’t unless it’s raining again. But last night showed we can if need be

23 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

If they need to control the clock then you can expect to see the Wing T. Or a two point/goal line situation. 

Otherwise they will pound Koff with short passes, short runs, and then a long pass over the top. 

Winnsboro defense has steadily improved every game and are starting to look very solid. Will be a fun match ip

1 hour ago, Witb107 said:

If they need to control the clock then you can expect to see the Wing T. Or a two point/goal line situation. 

Otherwise they will pound Koff with short passes, short runs, and then a long pass over the top. 

Winnsboro defense has steadily improved every game and are starting to look very solid. Will be a fun match ip

I honestly don’t think Winnsboro has seen a team as big but at the same time with as much speed as Koff.  Winny will definitely need to control the clock but that is a game I think Koff can play too. Koff has the defense to shut down Winny but I’m not sure Winny can stop Koff. That’s why I’m picking Koff by 14.  Good luck to both teams. 

I think it will take and incredible effort with a few breaks going our way to win this one.  Either way I'm just hoping for a clean game with high intensity.  On paper, I think Koff is the more talented team, but the game is not played on paper.

Good luck!!!

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I honestly don’t think Winnsboro has seen a team as big but at the same time with as much speed as Koff.  Winny will definitely need to control the clock but that is a game I think Koff can play too. Koff has the defense to shut down Winny but I’m not sure Winny can stop Koff. That’s why I’m picking Koff by 14.  Good luck to both teams. 

That's what a lot people forget with koff is we'll eat up the clock and we aren't trying to, that's just how they play each week. If they score they score and we'll keep on doing it. I will say that Koff is a second half team and Driskell makes great adjustments at halftime. If koff doesn't hurt themselves and they are catching the ball well. It'll be tough. There's about 4/5 different receivers that can catch well and can run it afterwards. Hogg isn't on offense every play but when he is you gotta watch out for him, along with the others, then you gotta factor in with Tennison #22 or Jackson #5 or both which both are fast rbs. Tennison is faster than Jackson but Jackson is the bigger back. Then Jones the qb can use his legs too if he has to extend the play or run it. 

Winny is going to have a tall task which I'm sure they'll be prepared for. 

Man that got long. Lol. 

22 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

That's what a lot people forget with koff is we'll eat up the clock and we aren't trying to, that's just how they play each week. If they score they score and we'll keep on doing it. I will say that Koff is a second half team and Driskell makes great adjustments at halftime. If koff doesn't hurt themselves and they are catching the ball well. It'll be tough. There's about 4/5 different receivers that can catch well and can run it afterwards. Hogg isn't on offense every play but when he is you gotta watch out for him, along with the others, then you gotta factor in with Tennison #22 or Jackson #5 or both which both are fast rbs. Tennison is faster than Jackson but Jackson is the bigger back. Then Jones the qb can use his legs too if he has to extend the play or run it. 

Winny is going to have a tall task which I'm sure they'll be prepared for. 

Man that got long. Lol. 

Ok you convinced me. Winny wins. 

29 minutes ago, chevyman said:

10 minutes into film and everything i expected is on display. Speed, strength, size, etc. Will take our very best which i know we'll bring. 

10 minutes into the GW game and I’m thinking Winnsboro needs to work extra on kickoff returns this week.  GW had no answer for Malakoff’s kicker.  LOL!  He may be the best in 3A.  Reminds me of the left footer kicker in Carthage.  Big leg!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SptsEd said:

MALAKOFF-WINNSBORO

ALL-TIME SERIES

(Winnsboro leads, 3-2)

1982 – Winnsboro, 12-7

1983 – Malakoff, 3-0

2009 – Winnsboro, 43-27

2012 – Winnsboro, 50-21

2013 – Malakoff, 56-8

I was at the New Boston vs Malakoff game that 2013 year.  Was a close one (34-27).  

Not a good matchup for Winnsboro. They are going to struggle up front on both sides of the ball with Malakoff and that's usually a recipe for an L.  Malakoff seems to be playing pretty well but it is also hard to tell because they haven't played anybody decent (seeing how their whole district was eliminated in the first round) in quite a while.  I still think the Tigers win by a least a couple of TD's. 

24 minutes ago, lcuchapps said:

Not a good matchup for Winnsboro. They are going to struggle up front on both sides of the ball with Malakoff and that's usually a recipe for an L.  Malakoff seems to be playing pretty well but it is also hard to tell because they haven't played anybody decent (seeing how their whole district was eliminated in the first round) in quite a while.  I still think the Tigers win by a least a couple of TD's. 

I think that was one thing that i noticed as well is the size of both lines. Most every game ive watched so far, the QB has hardly got a turf stain on his uniform. 

10 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I think that was one thing that i noticed as well is the size of both lines. Most every game ive watched so far, the QB has hardly got a turf stain on his uniform. 

They have size at every position. Even their skills guys all seem to be at least 6’1. 

52 minutes ago, lcuchapps said:

I expect this to be a story line Fri night in some way.  In watching the last two competitive games Malakoff played in September, their D was sucking wind in Q4.  I doubt the Malakoff starters have played in Q4 since.  

If Winnsboro can have some early success throwing the ball and moving the chains with their “Oregon Duck” offense, things could get interesting the second half from a conditioning standpoint.  But the Raiders must play mistake free and find a way to get some key stops on D.

16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I expect this to be a story line Fri night in some way.  In watching the last two competitive games Malakoff played in September, their D was sucking wind in Q4.  I doubt the Malakoff starters have played in Q4 since.  

If Winnsboro can have some early success throwing the ball and moving the chains with their “Oregon Duck” offense, things could get interesting the second half from a conditioning standpoint.  But the Raiders must play mistake free and find a way to get some key stops on D.

I could be proved wrong but, this is the best core of DB's and coverage LB's we have seen in the last 10-12 years. Passing may be tough unless the running game can get going.