Malakoff vs Winnsboro

Guest Tiger03lb

Malakoff vs Winnsboro   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Allheartnoquit said:

I agree its just funny how they dont have one of the top QB in 3A listed as the QB lol

I feel like alot of that is driven by how much each teams representatives put in there and id guess most teams dont take the time or effort to enter all the detailed info in there.

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I feel like that’s a little strong.  No doubt Malakoff is the favorite, but I think the West Vs MV spread of 5 points would have been more appropriate considering Winnsboro is 2 points away from being undefeated and ranked higher than Malakoff.

I dont have an issue with it. We just need to take care of our business and get prepared and we'll be ready. 

20 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Dave Campbell’s has Malakoff as a 16 point favorite.

I pay ZERO attention to any predictions that is only an opinion and we all have one. It will all be settled Friday night on the field. I just hope both teams bring it and come out healthy no matter the outcome. May the best team win.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lcuchapps said:

Is either team missing any players for health reasons?  If both teams are healthy I don't think Winnsboro has enough to get the win.  If there are injuries though that could definitely make a difference. 

Malakoff has played 4 teams with a pulse.  They got a 21 point win vs 3A D2 West Rusk in August, a 4 point loss to Grandview, and a 2 point win in OT vs Salado.  Most recently, Teague had the game tied up in early Q4 but a penalty pulled a TD off the scoreboard, they failed on 4th down and gave Malakoff a short field, and Malakoff scored to close out the win.  Winnsboro has played a much better schedule, especially within the last month.  I just wonder if Malakoff is physically and mentally prepared to play four quarters of football in 30 degree weather, healthy or not.  Winnsboro is.

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Malakoff has played 4 teams with a pulse.  They got a 21 point win vs 3A D2 West Rusk in August, a 4 point loss to Grandview, and a 2 point win in OT vs Salado.  Most recently, Teague had the game tied up in early Q4 but a penalty pulled a TD off the scoreboard, they failed on 4th down and gave Malakoff a short field, and Malakoff scored to close out the win.  Winnsboro has played a much better schedule, especially within the last month.  I just wonder if Malakoff is physically and mentally prepared to play four quarters of football in 30 degree weather, healthy or not.  Winnsboro is.

Very good point.  Malakoff should win if you look at it from just a talent standpoint but this time of year talent isn't enough.  In years past they have been beat out by teams that they have had more talent than, this might be one of those times as well.  

2 minutes ago, lcuchapps said:

Very good point.  Malakoff should win if you look at it from just a talent standpoint but this time of year talent isn't enough.  In years past they have been beat out by teams that they have had more talent than, this might be one of those times as well.  

The key matchups in my mind are Winnsboro passing attack vs Malakoff DB’s, and Malakoff power run game vs Winnsboro front 7.  Both areas have been strengths and weaknesses for both teams this year.  These matchups and turnovers will be the difference.

Malakoff lives for 30 degree weather. Malakoff will be the most physical team Winnsboro has seen all year. Winnsboro is a pass happy team and not as physical as Malakoff. 

Gonna see a Driskell team up close and will understand friday.

Teague knows what a finney team is all about 

Edited by Allheartnoquit

3 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Malakoff lives for 30 degree weather. Malakoff will be the most physical team Winnsboro has seen all year. Winnsboro is a pass happy team and not as physical as Malakoff. 

You don’t know Winnsboro and D5 very well.  All 4 D5 teams still playing are very physical on both sides of the ball.

7 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

That pass happy team ran for 350 yards last week but carry on. 

4 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You don’t know Winnsboro and D5 very well.  All 4 D5 teams still playing are very physical on both sides of the ball.

Well of course that district is the Tatum district wasnt very good at all. Yall definitely have the better district when it comes to any district in region 2. 

5 minutes ago, chevyman said:

That pass happy team ran for 350 yards last week but carry on. 

Well i hope they ran the ball last week shoot it rained it butt off not much throwing by any team last week that played on friday. An they played Atlanta a more athletic team and you beat atlanta by running not throwing. 

An Atlanta is soft on both sides of the ball I was at the game

Edited by Allheartnoquit

12 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Well i hope they ran the ball last week shoot it rained it butt off not much throwing by any team last week that played on friday. An they played Atlanta a more athletic team and you beat atlanta by running not throwing. 

Fair but "pass happy" infers that a team has no ability to run nor are physical and we showed that indeed are physical and can run. 

Edited by chevyman

28 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Finney has coached the WingT for close to 10 years. I can assure that Winny will run the ball well if needed. 

We have some very solid running backs and little Finney knows how to use his feet.

If our oline can hold off then Winny will pass down the field all night

23 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Winnsboro would have beaten ATL running or throwing - in wet conditions or dry.  Don’t discredit the huge TD pass in the 1st half in terrible conditions.  It was a big play.  If you were at the game you saw how physical Winnsboro can/will be.  If you didn’t, you are in for a surprise Fri night.  

In all four of the games I mentioned in a previous post, Malakoff struggled defending the pass.  In three of those games, that issue allowed the run to open up later in the game.   Winnsboro has at least equal OL play to those 4 teams, but the Raider QB/WR combo is considerably ahead of those four teams.  That could pose an issue for Malakoff.

I don’t doubt that Malakoff will be physical.  Honestly it’s expected in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  But I wonder if the Tigers can put 4 quarters together of that physical style play with so many kids going both ways in 30 degree weather when they really haven’t been pushed hard since September?