Malakoff vs Winnsboro

Guest Tiger03lb

Malakoff vs Winnsboro   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

Let's face it .....both teams are pretty good or they wouldn't be here. The team that wants it the most and plays a clean game will probably be the one moving on. I'm sure both staffs have a few wrinkles added and have schemes on both sides of the ball just for this game. We will just have to wait and see who that is. Good luck to both teams.

• Like 1

Im anxious to see how the Tigers defend the receivers on the outside. I would assume they put #2 Hogg on Deaton and try to limit him but will it affect how they cover the other guys. Will they still utilize Hogg on offense despite his role on defense? In turn, how will we defend them? Two good running backs, thunder and lightning if you will and a stable of solid receivers on the outside. Intriguing matchups across the board

14 hours ago, chevyman said:

Im anxious to see how the Tigers defend the receivers on the outside. I would assume they put #2 Hogg on Deaton and try to limit him but will it affect how they cover the other guys. Will they still utilize Hogg on offense despite his role on defense? In turn, how will we defend them? Two good running backs, thunder and lightning if you will and a stable of solid receivers on the outside. Intriguing matchups across the board

Assuming they will put Hogg on Winnsboro's best receiver, which I think they would do. Still got Davis or Tennison to deal with. Then having Massingall and Phillips back there as well. Massingall doesn't get the credit he deserves as a safety. 

Yes they'll use Hogg if they think he'll be a factor on offense.

#25 Studley and #6 Cartlidge are two that really don't get a lot of attention but can make you pay on offense if you leave them a hole or leave them open. 

It'll be interesting how Winny will be able to cover all of that. Don't think Winny has faced a team with this many players to get the ball too. 

5 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Assuming they will put Hogg on Winnsboro's best receiver, which I think they would do. Still got Davis or Tennison to deal with. Then having Massingall and Phillips back there as well. Massingall doesn't get the credit he deserves as a safety. 

#25 Studley and #6 Cartlidge are two that really don't get a lot of attention but can make you pay on offense if you leave them a hole or leave them open. 

It'll be interesting how Winny will be able to cover all of that. Don't think Winny has faced a team with this many players to get the ball too. 

They dont understand the physical nature malakoff always plays with and yall have some of the top athletes in the state. There is a reason malakoff is always here since Driskell took over.

Malakoff 35

winny 20

They going to find out about studley aint they lol

Edited by Allheartnoquit

winny act like yall been to second round lately......oh ya i forgot. Yall have to show people yall can go deep in playoffs like malakoff before people believe you. only (2) years yall made it past second round since 2004-2005 season I stopped looking.

Malakoff has done it 4 straight years now this making it 5 straight years if they can get a win friday.

Winny you get a chance to prove how good you actually are this year playing a powerhouse like Malakoff in the second round. Good Luck. But until then no one believes you

Edited by Allheartnoquit
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Winnsboro would have beaten ATL running or throwing - in wet conditions or dry.  Don’t discredit the huge TD pass in the 1st half in terrible conditions.  It was a big play.  If you were at the game you saw how physical Winnsboro can/will be.  If you didn’t, you are in for a surprise Fri night.  

In all four of the games I mentioned in a previous post, Malakoff struggled defending the pass.  In three of those games, that issue allowed the run to open up later in the game.   Winnsboro has at least equal OL play to those 4 teams, but the Raider QB/WR combo is considerably ahead of those four teams.  That could pose an issue for Malakoff.

I don’t doubt that Malakoff will be physical.  Honestly it’s expected in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  But I wonder if the Tigers can put 4 quarters together of that physical style play with so many kids going both ways in 30 degree weather when they really haven’t been pushed hard since September?

Weather won't be a factor for koff. We love that weather. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

They dont understand the physical nature malakoff always plays with and yall have some of the top athletes in the state. There is a reason malakoff is always here since Driskell took over.

Malakoff 35

winny 20

They going to find out about studley aint they lol

Yes, we are physical. You just don't know until a team has played us or seen us in person. 

Yes they will find out about Studley and the atc yardage too.

Don't know if you had seen #10 Renburg on offense but they have been using him too at te, which they have been all season but putting him in passing plays more lately. He had a great catch in GB game for a td and he was wide open in the Madison game that could've been for a td. 

1 minute ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Yes, we are physical. You just don't know until a team has played us or seen us in person. 

Yes they will find out about Studley and the atc yardage too.

Don't know if you had seen #10 Renburg on offense but they have been using him too at te, which they have been all season but putting him in passing plays more lately. He had a great catch in GB game for a td and he was wide open in the Madison game that could've been for a td. 

No I watched the Teague game and wondered why yall didnt utilize him more.....That will open things up even more if yall got him involved.

Just now, Allheartnoquit said:

No I watched the Teague game and wondered why yall didnt utilize him more.....That will open things up even more if yall got him involved.

The few ints that Jones have had were from players that catched the ball and it went through their hands into the other teamfor a int. 

He had one of those in the endzone earlier in the year, I believeit was the GV game. Could be that and coaches haven't went back to him until now. I do know Jones was throwing bullets and it was hard to get those balls in. Now that Jones has more control in his throws, not so much an issue now. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Witb107 said:

After watching the Teague game, this game will be a lot closer then most think. This game can go either way. 

Which defense can stop the others offense?

The Teague game was an eye opener for the tigers. We came into district thinking that everyone will be a cakewalk and didn't have to show up. After that game, it's been a lot different and we been showing up. Since you seen our games on video. Go see the difference and you'll be able to tell. 

Plus that was a rivalry game. Teague came up ready to play. 

Edited by blackngoldtiger

I think you guys would be hard pressed to find anywhere in this thread where i have boasted in any manner about the Raiders. Maybe a couple of others have but i dont think that benefits anyone. I asked a legitimate question about matchups and acknowledged the difficulty we will face. Driskell is a great coach and certainly has a good group around him. Finney is a great coach and absolutely has a good group around him. How deep in the playoffs these teams have been will have no bearing on tomorrows game. It will all come down to the kids on the field. 

57 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

I think its probably not a great comparison but Potts really is the only other team weve played that had multiple weapons on the offensive side. 4 receivers, really good running back, and a solid qb. 

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

IMO this will come down to how Winnsboros OL does again the Mally DL. 

That's a good point. #10 Renburg has around 15/20 sacks on the year unofficially, and is usually around the ball carrier if/when they run the ball. It'll be interesting to see how they handle him and the rest of the dline. 

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

IMO this will come down to how Winnsboros OL does again the Mally DL. 

Atlanta brought a lot of pressure on most every play in the first half so we tried to roll the pocket away from it most of the time. I believe that if we can hold up and give Finney time, we should be able to throw it. I also believe he will have to use his legs as well like he has starting midway through the season.