West Rusk 9-2 vs Waskom (Home Team) 6-4 at Tatum Thursday 7PM Area Round

Lion54

Area Round  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Ijustwatch said:

Ring Do you Coach at Waskom? or are just a fan ? You were all over Waskom when they were good with Keeling and now you back when he is gone? Is this the Head Coach in hiding? lol

😆.  Head coach has  never been on Smoaky.  He did marry my baby sister though and conned me into coaching for him once. Classroom teaching was akin to being in jail.  Had fun coaching though.

I'm not sure Waskom has ever owned West Rusk. I think the overall record is 5-5. Waskom however has owned them when it counts in the playoffs. This will probably be a good game for a half, I think WR pulls away in the end. I'm not seeing any dominate teams in this region, except Newton. I'm going with WR but wouldn't be shocked if Waskom wins.

I realized my own stupidity in my comment about Waskom owning WR. Oh well it is what it is.

Edited by Lion54

57 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Waskom should feel at home in Tatum. Half their team been playing there all year 🤣🤣

So should west Rusk. While back they played all their home games in Tatum when their stadium fell apart. 

Since you mentioned it thise. Guess those y’all got from SH felt out home with those three wins. 

Edited by Eagleborn

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

So should west Rusk. While back they played all their home games in Tatum when their stadium fell apart. 

Since you mentioned it thise. Guess those y’all got from SH felt out home with those three wins. 

Absolutely. Best season they’ve had!

• Wild74 changed the title to West Rusk 9-2 vs Waskom (Home Team) 6-4 at Tatum Thursday 7PM Area Round
3 hours ago, Ringside said:

WR should have the speed advantage.  Speed usually wins.  But Waskom’s freshman safety now has varsity experience after Hemphill.  That should be enough to give them another win🥴.

Remember I told you the freshman was going to be special. 

1 hour ago, TTFN said:

Remember I told you the freshman was going to be special. 

I know 22 is but I was referring to the 130 pound “ant man” who just came up.  Hope he can grow a little cause he brings it with what he has to bring. Heard he is pretty good at QB too.  But maybe you were talking about him all along?

24 minutes ago, Ringside said:

I know 22 is but I was referring to the 130 pound “ant man” who just came up.  Hope he can grow a little cause he brings it with what he has to bring. Heard he is pretty good at QB too.  But maybe you were talking about him all along?

Chris is who I’m talking about. I told you that he was head hunter. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 9:18 AM, jacket52 said:

Waskom just has WR number !!! It’s mental and raiders won’t overcome that this year either. Give me Waskom in a beat down of the raiders as usual 32-7 wildcats move on.  I actually think all 3 teams from our district move on to round 3. 

Well D12 went 1-3 as i predicted 🤣 That mental game is real!! I picked Waskom over Hemphill and Harmony over NW, knowing Hemphill and NW probably had the edge, it's just something about D11 in 3a-2 they got 12's number aside from Newton!

• Like 1

This thread started good but drought made it wilt like my spring garden did this summer.  In my younger days I might have come up with a good insult to the Raider posters to just stir the pot.  Don’t really know much about them except they ran fast at a track meet I attended.  Glad this is a football game where people get hit Instead of a track meet.

21 minutes ago, Ringside said:

This thread started good but drought made it wilt like my spring garden did this summer.  In my younger days I might have come up with a good insult to the Raider posters to just stir the pot.  Don’t really know much about them except they ran fast at a track meet I attended.  Glad this is a football game where people get hit Instead of a track meet.

Well them State Champ track stars play football to!