AREA: Hooks vs Harmony

CaptHook

Hooks vs Harmony  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes round 3?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:30 AM

2 hours ago, Cannon85 said:

So very similar offenses. Our QB has matured 10 fold since week one. That was his first varsity start and it showed. He now is leading our area in passing yards and TDs. This should be another good game between these two programs.

When I saw this potential matchup on the bracket I was excited. It was a good game week 1 and with so much growth on both teams both should feel confident in winning. 

Harmony has never made it out of round 2, just an interesting tidbit I found. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

When I saw this potential matchup on the bracket I was excited. It was a good game week 1 and with so much growth on both teams both should feel confident in winning. 

Well Hooks hasn't made it out of round 2 in a long time so someone will break a trend!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Harmony made it to Round 3 in 2011. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Oh yes, I forgot about the first round bye that year. 

They have made it to round 3 but have never won 2 playoff games. Hopefully this is the year!

We've been told that we probably won't make round 3 because "history" isn't on our side.  I know this wasn't you, I'm just letting you know that y'all should get ready for WR because of how Hooks teams from the 80's, 90's, 00's, & 10's have done in the playoffs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HHSFan95 said:

We've been told that we probably won't make round 3 because "history" isn't on our side.  I know this wasn't you, I'm just letting you know that y'all should get ready for WR because of how Hooks teams from the 80's, 90's, 00's, & 10's have done in the playoffs.

This team is making their own history! Friday can't get here fast enough. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, HHSFan95 said:

This should be a fun matchup. I expect both teams to leave it all on the field. History will be rewritten about one program for sure. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, HHSFan95 said:

Yall got the best draw in the region! Thats what happens when you win district! Yall should be able to win this week and I think next week too. WR don't impress me.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Oh yes, I forgot about the first round bye that year. 

They have made it to round 3 but have never won 2 playoff games. Hopefully this is the year!

Yes! We had Tatum, White Oak (they were good Coach Stanford) Jefferson and others in the District then. The win over Tatum was big time for the Harmony program. Area Championship that year. Hopefully, this year's Harmony team can win a couple of more rounds! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptHook said:

I just like a little friendly trash talk. Only week we had any of that was DK. I like reading all the silliness in some team’s weekly 10+ page thread. 😂

I gotcha, Harmony fans aren’t much for trash talk. If you saw any of our threads before district we had “fans” create game week threads only to trash the team and poke fun at the school for making a coaching change. After the first district win all those “fans” disappeared. 

I think Harmony will win. This coaching staff has shown an ability to adjust their game plan in game and give their team a chance to win. They have had games where they threw it for 300 yards and games where they ran it for 300 yards. They aren’t going to overwhelm their opponents with athleticism but they have some good ball players and a team full of kids that play hard until the final whistle. 

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I gotcha, Harmony fans aren’t much for trash talk. If you saw any of our threads before district we had “fans” create game week threads only to trash the team and poke fun at the school for making a coaching change. After the first district win all those “fans” disappeared. 

I think Harmony will win. This coaching staff has shown an ability to adjust their game plan in game and give their team a chance to win. They have had games where they threw it for 300 yards and games where they ran it for 300 yards. They aren’t going to overwhelm their opponents with athleticism but they have some good ball players and a team full of kids that play hard until the final whistle. 

I know we will see a different Harmony team since they changed their style, but I also know a different Hooks teams will be taking the field as well. Our first game was the first varsity game for our QB, he was a nervous wreck and now he leads our area in Yards and TDs. I am pulling for Hooks of course, but I know Harmony will keep it close for everything you just said above. I believe the biggest factor in this game is our RB will be 100% healthy as well and is eating yards every game. To say I am excited for this game is an understatement cause every time we play yall its a good one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TigerBlue09 said:

I don’t think they have many posters well if we both keep taking care of business we can have one in two weeks

that would be awesome, but we both have some tough ones. Hope we get that so we can have the chance to redeem ourselves from that butt whoopin we took last year..haha

2 hours ago, Cannon85 said:

I know we will see a different Harmony team since they changed their style, but I also know a different Hooks teams will be taking the field as well. Our first game was the first varsity game for our QB, he was a nervous wreck and now he leads our area in Yards and TDs. I am pulling for Hooks of course, but I know Harmony will keep it close for everything you just said above. I believe the biggest factor in this game is our RB will be 100% healthy as well and is eating yards every game. To say I am excited for this game is an understatement cause every time we play yall its a good one.

Yeah Harmony missing their RB1 is tough. They have some good options to take on the role but his ability will be missed for sure. He ran back the opening kickoff against Hooks in game 1. 

How about we win this one and then week 1 next season we settle the rubber match at y’all’s place? Deal?