AREA: Hooks vs Harmony

CaptHook

Hooks vs Harmony  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes round 3?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:30 AM

30 minutes ago, ReppinBeastTexas903 said:

@CaptHook Looks like Hooks was the overrated team to me. 

I have taken abuse by stating the obvious for weeks. You don’t go from struggling to get to the second round to winning it all. You are who you are.

Edited by RonChee

Harmony defense stepped up huge in the second half, three 4th down stops. 

The offense ran the same stuff they did vs Dangerfield and never had to punt. The oline just was getting push all night.

Hats off to the Hooks Qb, he was so good. He took some big hits and just kept going. 

Playing football during thanksgiving is an incredible feeling. 

32 minutes ago, Ringside said:

Dang, it looks like crow is the bird of choice for Thanksgiving up at Hooks this year 🤣.  I am thinking Harmony may have the coach of the year winner.

Yup and the Smoaky Clowns were killing him earlly in the year.  Zero doubt Coach Jenkins is Coach of the Year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

Congrats Eagles.  First second round win in program history. 

Congratulations Eagles! Harmony beat Marlin in the 2nd round in 2011 under Coach Russell. This will be the 2nd time they have been in the 3rd round. Hopefully, they get the win an go to the regional finals!

On 11/15/2022 at 8:31 AM, HHSFan95 said:

We've been told that we probably won't make round 3 because "history" isn't on our side.  I know this wasn't you, I'm just letting you know that y'all should get ready for WR because of how Hooks teams from the 80's, 90's, 00's, & 10's have done in the playoffs.

Thank you for pointing out an earlier post. More relevant today than it was a week or so ago. Yet another datapoint.

13 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Congratulations Eagles! Harmony beat Marlin in the 2nd round in 2011 under Coach Russell. This will be the 2nd time they have been in the 3rd round. Hopefully, they get the win an go to the regional finals!

I misspoke.  For give me please.  I would like to congratulate Coach Jenkins and his staff for coaching those Eagles to their second playoff win in the same year.  The Eagles have never won two playoff games in the same year in the history of the program.  What a feat. 

Edited by BringBacktheVEER
Mispell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

I misspoke.  For give me please.  I would like to congratulate Coach Jenkins and his staff for coaching those Eagles to their second playoff win in the same year.  The Eagles have never won two playoff games in the same year in the history of the program.  What a feet. 

He's done a fantastic job! Hopefully more history gets made next week!

1 hour ago, country said:

Did Harmony play Cooper Thanksgiving week (round 3). Way back when Bam Morris name was Bam Bam Morris?

I remember this because the next week Rodney Thomas and the Groveton Indians took one of his Bams out of his name.

No they didn't.