5A D1 R2 Area: Longview vs Frisco Lone Star

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-0) vs Frisco Lone Star Rangers (9-2)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Frisco Lone Star in a close one
    • Frisco Lone Star in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:30 AM

16 hours ago, 85lobooldschool said:

I think Jeremiah has 21 as of now

Man.

That guy is so talented...has to be the best kept secret in all of 5ADI in terms of pass rushing. 

Think about this, he was quiet to start the season...but now once against leads the team in sacks with nearly 10.

But really, the DL as a whole is downright playing out of their minds. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, gtee2 said:

That Lobo game vs Crosby was the last outside cold that I'll be at...froze my off😆

Were you at Longview-Westfield game in 2018? 

Boyyy, talk about freezing.

Definitely a top 3 most miserable Lobo game. Right up there with Midway (2017), Waxahachie (2009) 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Definitely a top 3 most miserable Lobo game. Right up there with Midway (2017), Waxahachie (2009) 

Oh man, I kept removing my gloves to take photos. BIG mistake. My hands hurt all night. 

Despite being a daytime game it was so damn cold it made your bones ache. 

But the win sure made you feel warm and toasty inside. 

7WetvT5.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Oh man, I kept removing my gloves to take photos. BIG mistake. My hands hurt all night. 

7WetvT5.jpg

After that game, I REALLY had a feeling about that team. There were always little games like that where it was under weird conditions that Longview would trip up before. And I feel like in better conditions we'd have won (ala Dekaney in 2011). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

7WetvT5.jpg

When they won that game, I knew we had it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ANTI said:

Thomas Jones (2008-2010) had 16.

I know for fact that it was considered school record...and we haven't had anyone since then rush the QB on THAT level....at least until Mr. Rougley made it to the program.

What bout that guy played back when chumley was Qb? Think he was 21 or 25. He was a monster at the rush end

4 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

What bout that guy played back when chumley was Qb? Think he was 21 or 25. He was a monster at the rush end

Omar French.

Very under appreciated player during that era. Don't know how many sacks he had, but remember he missed the first half of the 2014 season

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

Youngsters…you don’t know cold…1972 Lobo vs Plano…Bi-District.. Cotton Bowl..icy, sleet…rain Might as well been in Alaska!!

• Like 3
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, in10sz said:

Youngsters…you don’t know cold…1972 Lobo vs Plano…Bi-District.. Cotton Bowl..icy, sleet…rain Might as well been in Alaska!!

I don’t even think 2018 or Friday was the worst of the King era.

That game against McKinney Boyd in 2013 at Wildcat-Ram. My god. Definitely wasn’t above freezing. Thankfully didn’t have any rain or snow but that wind. Nope. By far the coldest game I’ve ever sat through. That one was absolutely miserable. 

• Like 2

Well, I haven't really spoken about this matchup.

That's because I don't really have much to say. Longview has no business losing this game.

LS is on QB3, there's a lot more power running since this happened. Longview secondary cant be gullible though, they'll pop it over the top and catch a defense sleeping. I'm not seeing a ton of team speed, ALTHOUGH they are not short of talent at the skill positions. Penalties have been an issue, it'll be interesting to see if they remain in the odd man front against us. If so, running game will no doubt feast.

Play our game, take care of the ball and we win it big.

One thing that I will say is Blake Fann (#13) may be the best LB Longview has seen this year. Something we'll have to watch out for.

Edited by ANTI
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don’t even think 2018 or Friday was the worst of the King era.

That game against McKinney Boyd in 2013 at Wildcat-Ram. My god. Definitely wasn’t above freezing. Thankfully didn’t have any rain or snow but that wind. Nope. By far the coldest game I’ve ever sat through. That one was absolutely miserable. 

Oh yea....that was a cold one

11 hours ago, ANTI said:

That's because I don't really have much to say. Longview has no business losing this game.

Play our game, take care of the ball and we win it big.

Only thing stopping Longview is Longview.

Don't turn the ball over + Don't make boneheaded penalties + Don't force passes = Longview wins by 30+ 

• Like 2