5A D1 R2 Area: Longview vs Frisco Lone Star

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-0) vs Frisco Lone Star Rangers (9-2)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Frisco Lone Star in a close one
    • Frisco Lone Star in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:30 AM

44 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Back in my Day,we played football uphill both ways in the Snow And always fought The biggest toughest Guy on The other team, without a shirt on 👀... Tru story

Can't believe we make the players wear pads and helmets. And what's up with all these buses? Back in my day players walked barefoot to away games. Keeds these day are sawwwwwft. 

• LOL! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Grumpy 1

18 hours ago, in10sz said:

Youngsters…you don’t know cold…1972 Lobo vs Plano…Bi-District.. Cotton Bowl..icy, sleet…rain Might as well been in Alaska!!

I was there! My senior year. We were mad because they wouldn’t let us take the wolf with us. No live animals allowed even though he was in the cage. Lobos had no answer for Plano running back Rucker Lewis. We lost 27-0 after a 10-0 regular season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WolverBean said:

What are the odds reedy beats Lancaster how good are them Frisco schools really 🤔

Lone Star was scary a few years back when they beat Marshall.  Almost all of their passes and routes were 10+ yards deep, they always kicked onsides and always went for 2.  Things could get out of hand quick.

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Lone Star was scary a few years back when they beat Marshall.  Almost all of their passes and routes were 10+ yards deep, they always kicked onsides and always went for 2.  Things could get out of hand quick.

Isn't that when they had mims at wr havnt really heard much of them before then and after 

24 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Isn't that when they had mims at wr havnt really heard much of them before then and after 

Maybe?  It was also like the 2nd year the school was in session too.  It was a weird and fun thing to watch.  It was like 11 man arena football

19 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

No.

Lone Star beat Lufkin in 2018 though, and Mims went off.

They're averaging 10+ wins a season since 2015. They've been in the semifinal and state title game within the past several seasons, I'm not sure how you haven't heard of them lol

I honestly think this year will be the last year "on top" for them. They're starting to feel the effects of new schools in Frisco ISD.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2022 at 10:59 PM, ANTI said:

Well, I haven't really spoken about this matchup.

That's because I don't really have much to say. Longview has no business losing this game.

LS is on QB3, there's a lot more power running since this happened. Longview secondary cant be gullible though, they'll pop it over the top and catch a defense sleeping. I'm not seeing a ton of team speed, ALTHOUGH they are not short of talent at the skill positions. Penalties have been an issue, it'll be interesting to see if they remain in the odd man front against us. If so, running game will no doubt feast.

Play our game, take care of the ball and we win it big.

One thing that I will say is Blake Fann (#13) may be the best LB Longview has seen this year. Something we'll have to watch out for.

I think Longview is visibly the better team. I will say that FLS has definitely found ways to win as of late.  They have a decent run defense and look to be pretty disciplined.  Longview should win this game but really believe we don't need to give them a puncher's chance.  Jumping on them early and getting a solid lead benefits us.  I think this week and next definitely are lining up to be trap games if we don't stay focused.

DCTF computer has LV +24

Matt Stepp has LV +10 (thinks FLS will "push us")

Play our game and be consistent, I really think the defense can dominate and we methodically put the game away.

• Like 1