R2: West vs. Mount Vernon

MVFAN1

West vs. Mt. Vernon   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Area

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/15/2022 at 6:12 PM, MVFAN1 said:

I expect a low scoring game for sure.

21-17 West. After watching MV they are good but so 1 dimensional. I'm about to take a look at West later this evening. I want to go to the game but that evening hunt is calling my name. Hopefully it's online and I can watch in the stand. I got some of those fancy ear pod buds my grandbaby got me. 

11 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

21-17 West. After watching MV they are good but so 1 dimensional. I'm about to take a look at West later this evening. I want to go to the game but that evening hunt is calling my name. Hopefully it's online and I can watch in the stand. I got some of those fancy ear pod buds my grandbaby got me. 

Yep.  Have to find a way to be more diverse, especially at this point in the playoffs. I agree with you there. 

1 hour ago, MVFAN1 said:

Our Oline was a weak link early in the year. They have improved greatly as the year has progressed, however, imo we will have to be creative and mix it up some on offense. Running #0 up the middle every play won't work.  Our center will also have to get the ball up and quit rolling it on the ground back to the QB/RB.  We will have to eliminate mistakes and play sound. 

I expect a low scoring game. Penalties, mistakes, and whoever can sneak in a big play or two I think will determine the outcome of this one.

Honestly this reminds me of the West/Koff game of last year. Both relaying on the run on offense and good defenses. 

I'll agree to that. West by 2 points

1 hour ago, PepperBrooks said:

Think both had their own issues. Seemed pretty sloppy on both sides. 

I think West started 4 drives inside of our 20 yard line. 
I would be curious to see total yardage stats of the game because I wouldn’t be surprised if MV outgained West. 
MV threw a pick 6, had 2 punts that went 8 and 12 yards total. For some reason, we had a punter tonight who has never punter for us ever before. 
MV gave West short fields on every single drive 

14 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

I think West started 4 drives inside of our 20 yard line. 
I would be curious to see total yardage stats of the game because I wouldn’t be surprised if MV outgained West. 
MV threw a pick 6, had 2 punts that went 8 and 12 yards total. For some reason, we had a punter tonight who has never punter for us ever before. 
MV gave West short fields on every single drive 

Which is why I hate our offense lmao so predictable. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. There's no creativity and rarely puts players in position to succeed. 

This loss in my opinion is 100% of the coaches.  We have had since week 3 to find a back up qb and they didn’t do it.  They brought up the sophomore and never gave him a true chance to even try to play the position.  Instead we put a wr back there and continued to run the same 5 to 7 plays every single week expecting McGill to just run over everyone.  I’m honestly sad for the boys they didn’t deserve that from their staff.  Hopefully doesn’t hurt anyone’s college chances by playing them out of their strength areas.