Area: El Campo (9-2) vs. Kilgore (8-3)

HJR7

El Campo vs. Kilgore   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Area

14 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

From the highlights against BP, Ruben Sandwich was lined up at WR, not RB, and they have this big bruiser at RB and he just flat ran over folks. Kid looks about 6'2 and 265. BIG 

I saw the same. Kid is a bowling ball amongst fragile pins!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:28 PM, LetsGoEagles said:

From the highlights against BP, Ruben Sandwich was lined up at WR, not RB, and they have this big bruiser at RB and he just flat ran over folks. Kid looks about 6'2 and 265. BIG 

After watching a few of their games... I don't think that's who they really are. That guy is normally playing fullback in their wishbone formation. That's them 1) putting stuff on film for DC's to waste practice reps on and 2) work on their passing game by letting their only real receiving threat (Owens) get used to running routes... because they will inevitably have to complete some passes to beat any good playoff team. They have about 400 passing yards on the season.

They really have two plays that are their bread-and-butter on offense. #1 is a tunnel sweep out of the wishbone and #2 is a single back zone-read.... the QB (Oscar Miles) is a very good runner. If Kilgore can have success stopping those two plays we will be fine. 

El Campo's defense is not great. If Kilgore is sharp on offense, EC will have to get out of their comfort zone to try to keep up. If Kilgore gets behind early, we still have a lot better shot at coming back than EC does.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2022 at 11:41 PM, EazyMoney said:

There is a 6A game Friday night in Porter.  I guess they had to book what they could get. Porter has a really nice stadium.  Huntsville would have been closer, but they couldn’t host.   Most of the decent size stadiums are already booked for Friday night.  I wonder if Livingston was an option.  That’s a good halfway point.   

Livingston has a trash stadium. light poles are on the field and its small like a 2AD1 field

4 minutes ago, Jknight03 said:

they haven't done crap on DCTF this week, I'm a little disappointed 

huh, its just Wednesday morning...there will be more stuff posted today...gotta spread the content out through the week...more eyes are on things mid-week than on Monday

The small school preview will be posted today...big school preview posted yesterday AM, computer game projections posted yesterday afternoon, TepAndStepp posted late Monday...thats in addition to Texas Football Today which was at noon Monday and Tuesday. 

That being said El Campo-Kilgore didnt get highlighted this week in my small school preview...

The 4A-D1 games I looked at were Anna-Stephenville and Calallen-San Antonio Davenport

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

huh, its just Wednesday morning...there will be more stuff posted today...gotta spread the content out through the week...more eyes are on things mid-week than on Monday

The small school preview will be posted today...big school preview posted yesterday AM, computer game projections posted yesterday afternoon, TepAndStepp posted late Monday...thats in addition to Texas Football Today which was at noon Monday and Tuesday. 

That being said El Campo-Kilgore didnt get highlighted this week in my small school preview...

The 4A-D1 games I looked at were Anna-Stephenville and Calallen-San Antonio Davenport

Matt, seriously?....... wow. But yet you guys kiss up to SOC every chance you get. Come on man. That's insane. This may be the THE GAME of the week in 4A. I don't get it. 

1 minute ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Matt, seriously?....... wow. But yet you guys kiss up to SOC every chance you get. Come on man. That's insane. This may be the THE GAME of the week in 4A. I don't get it. 

I guess we agree to disagree...I dont think its the game of the week at all..

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

i know matt. yall do a great job there and by far the best high school football media/magazine .  i just like giving you crap like i did in Kilgore, picking them over CH by 6 smh

Just now, MattStepp said:

I didnt write a preview on that game (only ten games get highlighted in 4A-2A)....but I predict every game in the state 

OK, thanks for clarification, I know you already know this, but we're pretty passionate out here about ETex football and we at times tend to think we're the best football played. Thanks for putting up with our crap and mouthiness. It has to be tough in the media and you can't please everyone. You're a good sport. 

2 minutes ago, Jknight03 said:

did it make a top 10 game of the week

No, that's what I was giving Matt crap about. On the weekly Tepp and Stepp podcast they pick 10 games around the state, so to their credit it is ALL classifications. And to Matt's credit, it's Greg Tepper that loves to kiss up to SOC, not Matt.  

• SMH 1