Area: El Campo (9-2) vs. Kilgore (8-3)

HJR7

El Campo vs. Kilgore   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Area

Just now, HJR7 said:

Ross should be a 4 or 5 star RB and highly recruited.  Owens is over hyped.

I haven't watched enough of Owens to know if he is over hyped, and I definitely don't know enough about Ross.  But Ross has been amazing today for sure and I'd think his star should only rise from here. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ATM007 said:

Handed one off to Ross after a couple of kneel downs. He busted it for a 54 yard TD

I would say it probably had EC players/coaches/fans pretty salty. I on the other hand loved it LOL

That was a fantastic move by the Kilgore HC. #8 DE for EC was pinning his ears back and going for blood on the kneel downs.  Kilgore HC told the officials during the last EC timeout and they did nothing.  So Kilgore lined up and ran it to the Kilgore side of the field and scored.  Virtually untouched. Maybe next time EC will get a handle on their players and Kilgore will just take another knee.  #beasttexas

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

That was a fantastic move by the Kilgore HC. #8 DE for EC was pinning his ears back and going for blood on the kneel downs.  Kilgore HC told the officials during the last EC timeout and they did nothing.  So Kilgore lined up and ran it to the Kilgore side of the field and scored.  Virtually untouched. Maybe next time EC will get a handle on their players and Kilgore will just take another knee.  #beasttexas

# 8 nor the rest of the EC defense could stop a cold. So, if he was playing "sore loser" good for Kilgore.

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

I love it.  Absolutely justified and deserved in my eyes.

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

# 8 nor the rest of the EC defense could stop a cold. So, if he was playing "sore loser" good for Kilgore.

Watch the reply.  He is the DE #8 on EC side of field.  100% sore loser.  #81 TE for Kilgore kept his cool even though he ended up on his back twice.  Hats off to him.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I'm confused, was it a dirty play call after kneeling on the first 2 downs?

Was not a dirty call. It’s was 4 down. If we would have kneel down would of lift almost a minute on the clock. It was a smart call run more time off clock .

6 minutes ago, KDogg32 said:

Was not a dirty call. It’s was 4 down. If we would have kneel down would have lift almost a minute on the clock. It was a smart call run more time off clock .

I thought it was 3rd and long with more than 40 secs left? So we would have had to punt if we knelt it?

El Campo was totally just one dimensional.  It was #4 or bust.  He scored a 73 yard TD on the 1st play from scrimmage.  But after that, Kilgore didn’t allow him to do much.  Kilgore was clearly the better team.  Unbelievable how many holding penalties on offense, and all the face masks/late hits on defense.  They let El Campo hang around and the Ricebirds were just an onside kick away from a shot.