Area round Center (8-3) vs. #10 Aubrey (9-2)

Funcoach34

Area Round  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Center Roughriders
    • Aubrey Chaparrals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2022 at 12:00 AM

Crawford
This post was recognized by Crawford!

squidward tortellini was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 1 points.

Aubrey strengths and solid games:

Lost to top ten and undefeated 4A Div 1 Anna on a last second 80 yard hook and ladder.

Aubrey beat Gainesville 63-6 and Gainesville beat Sunnyvale last night.

Aubrey stomped on everyone in their district besides VA (but the VA game was never really close and Aubrey was dealing with a lot of injuries). I thought the district was very weak, but the district has faired well in the first round. Maybe district 6 is really bad?

Aubrey is disciplined and has multiple good running backs despite their all-state running back and track star being hurt most of the year. They will likely run through anyone with a mediocre rush defense.

Aubrey’s rush d is decent and they can get pressure on the QB.

Aubrey weaknesses/bad performance:

Their only bad game was against Sunnyvale. Aubrey won 28-24, and got outplayed. They were fortunate to get the win. This was the first game of the year, so I’m not sure how much stock to put into it at this point.

Aubrey relies heavily on the run and might be in trouble when they play a team with a really solid rush defense.

Aubrey’s pass d has improved but still appears to be vulnerable to big plays.

I don’t know much about Center, but based solely on their schedule results, I’m guessing it will be a close game.

Edited by squidward tortellini

3 minutes ago, squidward tortellini said:

Does anyone have info on Center? Looks like they can score some points, but also allow a lot. 

Aubrey averages 48 points a game and averaged 54 a game is district play.

Aubrey wants to slow the game down, grind, and run north & south.  A shootout favors Center IMO.

• Crawford changed the title to Area round Center (8-3) vs. #10 Aubrey (9-2)
20 minutes ago, squidward tortellini said:

That’s typically Aubrey’s approach regardless of opponent. Does Center pass the ball well? How have they done against the run this year?

Yeah they can throw it.  Center QB has around 2,000 yards and 27 TD’s on the year.  Run defense is not Center’s strong suit.