Area Round Timpson vs Frankston 7pm Friday @ Rusk

Bear9T1

Bears vs Indians   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Ringside said:

Left this one early.  Happy to see Frankston score Some points.  Bussey could fill a spot on any 6A lineup in Texas.  Timpson may struggle to beat Joaquin again though. 

Let's don't get carried away.  "Any 6A lineup in Texas."  Probably not the case.  I watched Lake Travis and Steele tonight in person.  The talent levels are off the charts and run deep.  I do think Bussey and Brooks from Shiner could get on the field, but probably not filling a spot on any 6A lineup.

Edited by Everide2016

I went to Mason v Shiner game tonight.  Stayed until halfway through second quarter and then left for a better game.  It was evident in the first few plays that Shiner is on a different level.  I don't know how Refugio beat them because they looked as good as I've seen in 2A over a number of years.  I hope to see them v Timpson.

7 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Let's don't get carried away.  "Any 6A lineup in Texas."  Probably not the case.  I watched Lake Travis and Steele tonight in person.  The talent levels are off the charts and run deep.  I do think Bussey and Brooks from Shiner could get on the field, but probably not filling a spot on any 6A lineup.

Considering that Bussey could "fill a spot on any D1 college in the country". I feel pretty confident he "could fill a spot any 6A in Texas". 

Why do you suppose he has so many D1 offers? Because he cant start for "Lake Travis" or "Steele"? Your statement is comical. 

Edited by 89Falcon
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

I went to Mason v Shiner game tonight.  Stayed until halfway through second quarter and then left for a better game.  It was evident in the first few plays that Shiner is on a different level.  I don't know how Refugio beat them because they looked as good as I've seen in 2A over a number of years.  I hope to see them v Timpson.

Refugio beat Shiner because Refugio is a better team. 

8 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

I don't know,I've thought about both and realized that either have an innate ability to find open spaces with their vision and speed.Both could probably play a slot position and be a good target for any high level qb. Wouldn't doubt but that's where they play at next level 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Considering that Bussey could "fill a spot on any D1 college in the country". I feel pretty confident he "could fill a spot any 6A in Texas". 

Why do you suppose he has so many D1 offers? Because he cant start for "Lake Travis" or "Steele"? Your statement is comical. 

@89Falcon I think some hairs are being split... I should have said start instead of fill a spot.  Bussey might have been able to play some DB, I don't know for sure, but it would be pushing it for him to start for Lake Travis or Steele.  Fill a spot on any 6A team, yes, but starting, I'm not so sure about that.  There are some incredible 6A teams and the gap is so huge from 2A to 6A.  It's an opinion, don't let it get under your skin so easy,

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

I don't know,I've thought about both and realized that either have an innate ability to find open spaces with their vision and speed.Both could probably play a slot position and be a good target for any high level qb. Wouldn't doubt but that's where they play at next level 🤷‍♂️

I can see that.

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Refugio beat Shiner because Refugio is a better team. 

On that night Refugio was the better team and likely better coached.  We'll see in a few weeks if that's still the case.  I just know the Shiner team I watched last night was spot on.  Some of that was also how poor Mason was.  I think the gap between Shiner and Mason was worse than last year when they played.

8 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

@89Falcon I think some hairs are being split... I should have said start instead of fill a spot.  Bussey might have been able to play some DB, I don't know for sure, but it would be pushing it for him to start for Lake Travis or Steele.  Fill a spot on any 6A team, yes, but starting, I'm not so sure about that.  There are some incredible 6A teams and the gap is so huge from 2A to 6A.  It's an opinion, don't let it get under your skin so easy,

So, do Big 12 teams offer a lot of scholarships to “spot fillers” from Texas 6A powerhouses? That might explain the SEC owning the B12 recently. 

17 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Idk, I’ve seen a lot of players in person over the years that went to the NFL — Jacob Hester out of evangel, Adrian Peterson, Dez Bryan, the kid out of Tenaha I forgot his name, and the QB out of Tenaha that should have went to the NFL Chavis McCollister — all I’m saying is Bussey is amongst them with talent and “X” factor. He had an absolute cannon for an arm and is super accurate. Don’t get me started on the wheels. Yea 6a is stacked but if I have 12 kids trying out for QB and he’s one of them, Itd be a hard time finding 11 that beat him. Sure he’s slashing 2a defenses (they could score 150 on almost every team they played not kidding) but imagine him with 6a weapons around him too. Food for thought. 

5 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I have heard both are primarily being recruited as defensive players ....

3 hours ago, Foozball said:

Idk, I’ve seen a lot of players in person over the years that went to the NFL — Jacob Hester out of evangel, Adrian Peterson, Dez Bryan, the kid out of Tenaha I forgot his name, and the QB out of Tenaha that should have went to the NFL Chavis McCollister — all I’m saying is Bussey is amongst them with talent and “X” factor. He had an absolute cannon for an arm and is super accurate. Don’t get me started on the wheels. Yea 6a is stacked but if I have 12 kids trying out for QB and he’s one of them, Itd be a hard time finding 11 that beat him. Sure he’s slashing 2a defenses (they could score 150 on almost every team they played not kidding) but imagine him with 6a weapons around him too. Food for thought. 

They only beat Joaquin by 3 points 25 to 22

Man I opened up a bigger can of worms than I expected by offering up praise for Bussey’s talent.  I didn’t stipulate position.  Just said he could fill a spot on any 6A team in the state. I figure he will play corner in college and maybe return punts and or kickoffs.