Area Round: Mineola (6-5) vs Grandview (9-2)

ATM007

Mineola vs. Grandview   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Area

Once again, I'm sure almost everyone is going to pick Grandview just like they picked Jefferson. Mineola is going in with nothing to lose which makes them somewhat dangerous especially if there defense can play like they played against Jefferson. The problem with Mineola is they typically get down early and have to play comeback and end up trading points most of the games because teams have a hard time stopping them and the defense has a hard time stopping their opponent. How the defense plays for Mineola will decide if this is a good game or a blowout.

Edited by TXRegulators

20 minutes ago, TXRegulators said:

Once again, I'm sure almost everyone is going to pick Grandview just like they picked Mineola. Mineola is going in with nothing to lose which makes them somewhat dangerous especially if there defense can play like they played against Jefferson. The problem with Mineola is they typically get down early and have to play comeback and end up trading points most of the games because teams have a hard time stopping them and the defense has a hard time stopping their opponent. How the defense plays for Mineola will decide if this is a good game or a blowout.

I would agree Mineola will have an underdog mentality heading into this one and will play like they have nothing to lose. After watching film I think this is a very favorable matchup for GV and with the changes that have been made recently, GV looks like they have taken it up a notch offensively. I still expect a dog fight but give me GV by 13.

Last game the poll was 90% Jeffy to 10% Minny….I guess it will be the same this week.

Same as last week look for the Jackets to try and grind down the clock and play keep away…can’t afford any turnovers…hope they work on securing the ball when running in a crowd.
  Jacket Def. Will have there hands full…they really need to go get the ball when it’s in the air and get some INT’s…Let’s Go Jackets!!!!

3 minutes ago, dogs3505 said:

any truth to the QB for Minny coming back?

Would be a step backwards in my opinion. They have found their groove with the current strategy. Obviously at some point a defense will be able to limit 22 to a point of putting them in chase mode but considering he has ran for over 3000 yards in 11 games, theres no one who has done it yet. I would keep riding that pony that has gotten you here. 

On 11/15/2022 at 9:42 AM, gamewatcher63 said:

Can’t find much info but I think this might be the first time Mineola and Grandview will have played each other….

Going to be a cold one, I think the Jackets can pull it off if they get after the Zebra’s. Will be a tall order against that dynamic Off. Is it Friday yet???

GO JACKET’S!!!!

I don't recall Mineola and Grandview playing anytime recently for the only time they would play would be in the playoffs because of the distance between the two. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chevyman said:

Would be a step backwards in my opinion. They have found their groove with the current strategy. Obviously at some point a defense will be able to limit 22 to a point of putting them in chase mode but considering he has ran for over 3000 yards in 11 games, theres no one who has done it yet. I would keep riding that pony that has gotten you here. 

Yup, if Mineola can play their game it will be interesting as they are all about ball control and chewing up the clock which they did to Jefferson. Mineola's problem is the defense that has difficulty stopping most teams. They defense has been inconsistent all year and they have several injuries, the defense probably played their best game of the year vs Jefferson.

I think this game is going to be a high scoring with both teams running down the field on offense and it's going to come down to defense which I believe the Grandview defense is far and away better then Mineola.  The money is on Grandview but I think Mineola is going to go in with nothing to lose 

Congrats to the Zebras…they were just bigger, faster, stronger…they’re Def. Line was stout and the LB’s filled the running lanes and tackled well. 

Also congrats to Dawson for an incredible HS career…he did whatever he was asked to do which will be a good thing to carry over to College… go luck

The truth is the Jackets would not have beat Bullard or Commerce without him and probably would have a hard time beating Rains or Bonham….next season will be tough

• Like 1