Area Playoff: Joaquin Rams (8-2) vs Beckville Bearcats (10-1) 7:30 Friday Nov. 18 at SFA’s Homer Bryce Stadium.

trueblue82

Who moves on to Round 3?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Area Championship

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:30 AM

On 11/15/2022 at 7:07 AM, trueblue82 said:

He also picked that Colmesneil connection to beat Cushing. How’d that work out?

I'm not sure what happened in that game has any effect here TB82!

Edited by Doomer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Doomer said:

I'm not sure what happened in that game has any effect here TB82!

Of course it doesn’t. I was just speaking to RF1’s credibility now that his Bulldogs have tried and failed to beat Cushing twice in one season. Not sure that Colmesneil connection is all it’s cracked up to be. 

• LOL! 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

On 11/12/2022 at 3:20 PM, trueblue82 said:

In stark contrast to the two absolute shellackings these two teams delivered in the bi-district round (Beckville 77-7 over Rivercrest and Joaquin 61-0 over Jewett-Leon) this Area round matchup should be one whale of a ball game. The Joaquin Rams  are the #2 seed out of District 11AA D1 , with their only two losses being a 42-41 setback to these same Beckville Bearcats in week 2, and a 25-22 loss to #1 Timpson in week 9. The Bearcats sport a 10-1 record, with their only loss being a season opening 55-24 loss to Timpson. Since the week 2 nail biter, the Bearcats have not been challenged, winning every game by 30 or more. Aside from the Timpson loss and a 34-21 win at Garrison in week 6, the Rams have been dominant as well, consistently rolling up 40 and 50 point wins. The Bearcats feature a wide open spread offense led by QB Callen Castles and D1 athlete/ RB/ WR Jacoby Williams. The Ram defense will counter with DE Maddox Hutchins and S Cole Bragg. The Rams’ slot-T offense will work behind an offensive line led by OT Ethan Davis and C Colton Whitten. This will be the 4th meeting in two years between these teams, with the Bearcats holding a 3-0 mark over that span. Beckville HC Cody Ross is 3-2 vs Joaquin, and Rams HC Wade Lawson holds a 4-3 record vs Beckville. The Bearcats ended the Rams’ season in bi-district a year ago. Can the Rams break the streak and get back on top in the series? Will the Bearcats continue to find ways to beat Joaquin? 

Rams gonna play keep away and take the win!

9 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Of course it doesn’t. I was just speaking to RF1’s credibility now that his Bulldogs have tried and failed to beat Cushing twice in one season. Not sure that Colmesneil connection is all it’s cracked up to be. 

This a totally DIFFERENT Colmesneil connection...... @Doomer knows......lol

• LOL! 1

38 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Old Joe by 21. They are on a warpath back to Timpson (these two could potentially play again right?) I haven’t kept up with it much this year. The site is always poppin when we play Carlisle or Alto (especially Alto)

We shall not speak of the “T” word until the time comes. We have some business to tend to with our neighbors to the north this week. That is all. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

There will be one more Ram watching over Homer Bryce stadium tomorrow night. Coach Wayne Gandy passed away today. This man brought the grit and determination you see from Joaquin teams today with him when he arrived in 2002. I owe him more than I can ever repay. RIP Coach. Go Rams.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Prayers 3

2 hours ago, Lambo said:

There will be one more Ram watching over Homer Bryce stadium tomorrow night. Coach Wayne Gandy passed away today. This man brought the grit and determination you see from Joaquin teams today with him when he arrived in 2002. I owe him more than I can ever repay. RIP Coach. Go Rams.

God bless the family. I know he changed the trajectory of a lot of young men's lives. Condolences.

3 hours ago, Lambo said:

This dude single handedly transformed Joaquin from punching bags into competitive af. Before him Joaquin had 1 winning season in 10 years. Several 0-10 season before his arrival. He brought in that double wing and I loved watching it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

I’m just gonna go against consensus and say Joaquin is gonna blowout Beckville. Beckville isn’t ready for the smoke

I think the Rams will win, but not in a blowout. I'd be shocked if it was. The poll count between these two teams may be some indication of what the final score will end up being. Who knows. 

• Like 1