Area Playoff: Joaquin Rams (8-2) vs Beckville Bearcats (10-1) 7:30 Friday Nov. 18 at SFA’s Homer Bryce Stadium.

trueblue82

Who moves on to Round 3?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Area Championship

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:30 AM

6 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

image.gif

Don’t let y’all’s weakling schedule get you too confident— good job on beating corrigan, we do that too when we see them — one thing is for certain, someone from our district sends y’all back to the basketball courts; it will be us 

Ol TRUEBLUE’s thoughts: Andre Brown is a little monster. Kid had a career game on both sides of the ball. The pick-6 to end the first half was a huge momentum swing, not to mention a 14 point play. Then the opening drive of the second half was a thing of beauty. Totally took Beckville out of their game plan and forced them to throw the ball, which is not their strong suit. Our O-line really took the game over and put the pressure on Beckville. I believe we wound up plus-3 in the turnover battle, including two defensive TDs that were just back breakers. A great win for our program on a big stage. On to round 3. I’m sure we’ll be playing somewhere in the Tyler area. Congrats to Beckville on an outstanding season. 

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I wouldn’t call that a blowout. But good game Joaquin. And welcome for the pick 6s. Beckville with good QB play is scary. Beckville without? Well we saw that tonight. 

Beckville with better play calling is scary. Massive under-utilization of #2 and just poor play calling in general from their coaches really cost them 

Edited by Foozball

I would gave tossed the ball outside to #2 every play. Then after that  I would toss it outside to #2 again. And again. Then again. Good luck Rams. Beckville looked very lost tonight  on offense.  Maybe should have given the ball to #2 on the outside.  Oh well

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Saw some very classy sportsmanship from some of the Joaquin players towards the beckville players in the end. That’s awesome to see! 

Very unusual for Joaquin to show sportsmanship. Usually a lot of late hits and coaches standing in the middle of the field during a play. Did #11 not play last night? He’s usually the tackiest one.

9 minutes ago, Sittinsideways said:

Very unusual for Joaquin to show sportsmanship. Usually a lot of late hits and coaches standing in the middle of the field during a play. Did #11 not play last night? He’s usually the tackiest one.

11 did play last night and he was on his best behavior, he never caused any problems.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

I would gave tossed the ball outside to #2 every play. Then after that  I would toss it outside to #2 again. And again. Then again. Good luck Rams. Beckville looked very lost tonight  on offense.  Maybe should have given the ball to #2 on the outside.  Oh well

Naa #2 should probably took direct snap and then threw it to #2 on the outside 👀

59 minutes ago, Sittinsideways said:

You obviously have an ax to grind,you create an account and first post is to slam a player? Do it again and you will be gone.this is your only warning 👈

• Thanks 1

The people you hear complaining about Joaquin playing dirty are 100% of time people who had to watch their son get his tail whipped all over the field by a Joaquin player. Joaquin plays a physical brand of football and people don't like seeing their children get their teeth kicked in. I understand being upset about it but you should have done 1 of 3 things.

1. Have good insurance so they can afford the medical bills after they get the football crammed down their throat.

2. Raise a son that plays physical and understands he has to be physical if he wants to even step on the field vs Joaquin.

3. Understand that football isn't for everyone.

I'm absolutely sick and tired of WEAK idiots accusing a bunch of GREAT kids of playing dirty just because they skull drug their son.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Lambo said:

The people you hear complaining about Joaquin playing dirty are 100% of time people who had to watch their son get his tail whipped all over the field by a Joaquin player. Joaquin plays a physical brand of football and people don't like seeing their children get their teeth kicked in. I understand being upset about it but you should have done 1 of 3 things.

1. Have good insurance so they can afford the medical bills after they get the football crammed down their throat.

2. Raise a son that plays physical and understands he has to be physical if he wants to even step on the field vs Joaquin.

I'm absolutely sick and tired of WEAK idiots accusing a bunch of GREAT kids of playing dirty just because they skull drug their son.

I love a good skull dragging!

🔥🔥💪🏻

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Playing tough is one thing and I’m all for that! Having players that fight nearly every week and late hit after the whistle is different. Joaquin has a good team and yes they’re physical, but skull dragging? Come on man! You act like y’all have a national ranking and that everyone is scared to play you lol! Other than two or three years in the earlier 2000’s Joaquin has been a doormat. They got skull drug (as you said) all over the field. Countless times Joaquin has been scheduled for homecomings. 

2 hours ago, Sittinsideways said:

#11 has more class in his pinky  toe than you will have in your entire life. All that kid does is play every snap with every ounce of effort he has in his body. There’s not a football coach alive, including yours, that wouldn’t take out a second mortgage on their home to have a dozen just like him. I’m sure you have to get your tent ready to go camp out in front of Best Buy, so get to it. 

2 minutes ago, Sittinsideways said:

Playing tough is one thing and I’m all for that! Having players that fight nearly every week and late hit after the whistle is different. Joaquin has a good team and yes they’re physical, but skull dragging? Come on man! You act like y’all have a national ranking and that everyone is scared to play you lol! Other than two or three years in the earlier 2000’s Joaquin has been a doormat. They got skull drug (as you said) all over the field. Countless times Joaquin has been scheduled for homecomings. 

Name 5 homecoming Joaquin has been scheduled for in the past 20 years. Nobody pretends like we're a perennial powerhouse. I'm sorry you or your son got CTE from stepping on the field with the Rams but it happens like I said before football isn't for everyone but it is for #11 😘😘

7 minutes ago, Sittinsideways said:

#11 has drawn 2 personal foul flags this year. One of those was for roughing the passer against Timpson that even their fans said was a flop job. #11 got ejected from that game for walking away from a fight and getting hit in the back. (It’s on film, but since you had to ask if he played last night it’s pretty obvious you weren’t there, so I doubt you would understand so I won’t bother posting it). Joaquin and Beckville both played clean, hard-nosed football last night, with only one PF between them, that being a legit face mask where a Bearcat defender was grabbing for anything he could hold onto. Not malicious, just a kid trying to make a play. Joaquin took away the things that Beckville does well and exposed weaknesses that haven’t been seen because they haven’t played a good football team in over two months. It’s not their fault, they just lined up and beat the team in front of them every week, but teams like Union Grove and Big Sandy don’t help you prep for a team like Joaquin. You eat enough cupcakes, you get soft. Beckville was one point better in September, but Joaquin was a whole lot better when it mattered. BTW, they’re airing up basketballs over at the BHS gym. You should put some of your hot air to use. 

• Like 1