Who can give Carthage a game?

michaelmyers

I’ll give my 2 cents. And it might not what people wanna hear. Carthage is Carthage because of move ins every year. I know Carthage has home grown talent but you look at this years team. Ef stud receiver manning. Paddie stud marshall. Atlanta stud tb. Those are 3 dynamic kids. Does Carthage have 3 home grown kids to replace them? Maybe maybe not. I know I’ll get hammered for this. I’m sure every school gets moveins. But if some one from the inside would put there roster out there and go over how many kids on there is from Carthage or did they move there. I’d like to know. For years they have had Beckville kids tatum kids Spring Hill kids. You name it. Maybe they win it maybe they don’t. We will see 

4 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

I’ll give my 2 cents. And it might not what people wanna hear. Carthage is Carthage because of move ins every year. I know Carthage has home grown talent but you look at this years team. Ef stud receiver manning. Paddie stud marshall. Atlanta stud tb. Those are 3 dynamic kids. Does Carthage have 3 home grown kids to replace them? Maybe maybe not. I know I’ll get hammered for this. I’m sure every school gets moveins. But if some one from the inside would put there roster out there and go over how many kids on there is from Carthage or did they move there. I’d like to know. For years they have had Beckville kids tatum kids Spring Hill kids. You name it. Maybe they win it maybe they don’t. We will see 

Where did Manning go to junior high ?........Where are Paddie's parents from and how long has he been in Carthage's school district ?

29 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

I understand where you’re coming from and especially since you’re outside looking in.

Like @cotton84 said, the examples referenced this morning don’t really hold water other than Dowden.

In reality, Carthage has just as few or fewer move-ins every year than any other school.

The reason folks take note is because it’s Carthage.

If we weren’t winning no one would say a word about one or two move-ins every now and then.

That’s ok, people are going to have opinions and ideas of what’s going on, especially at places like Carthage who’ve experienced sustained success.

I also don’t think your post is coming from a place of envy, but your true opinion of part of why the Bulldogs have had success.  I think you’re of the opinion the bulk of Carthage’s players are homegrown sprinkled with move-ins, but I also think you think the move-ins we’ve had are big reasons for our success; that’s where I’d have a difference of opinion. 

Am I correct in my idea of where you’re coming from?

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

Spot on.  They get a ton of move in kids.  I certainly don't think anything goes on that's against the rules,  just that winning consistently brings them in.  Between that and their money it's created a monster in Carthage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Gilmer can definitely beat Carthage if about 3 things happen - Carthage’s defensive line doesn’t come with 100% energy and focus, Gilmer’s offensive coaches stick with what is working, and Gilmer wins the turnover battle. 

If it were in the Jeff Traylor era I’d say yes but it’s not. The only way Gilmer will beat Carthage this year is with Carthage turning the ball over multiple times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

@michaelmyers is excited about to possibilities of our Bulldogs winning #9 and was just a little overzealous in his delivery of his overall inquiry presented to the other posters.

What MM meant to say was, “Who do y’all think has the very best shot to beat Carthage this year? Can you tell us why ______ team has the best chance as well as how well you think they match up to Carthage schematically and athletically?”

That’s what MM was asking it just came out differently.

image.png

Thanks 👍

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

No one wants to ever talk about it, but if Carthage were to sustain some key season ending injuries like they did in 2015 the gap closes between #1 and everyone else left.  That’s why you don’t make these type of threads.

Your right but that’s the only way Carthage will get beat this year is from injuries. 

I was just basically wondering how many kids do Carthage have that have moved into the school dist that are not from there. You can say parents graduated from carth. What does that matter Paddie still lives in marshall and drives to school everyday. I’m friends with his parents. I’m not talking bad about the kids. I was just giving a reference. 

7 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

That’s why your jaw would drop if you only knew.  

Only jaw I see dropping around here is yours…. And from the sound of your post, we all know what you’ll be putting in it when Carthage wins. 

Edited by Hawkeye55

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

Only jaw I see dropping around here is yours…. And from the sound of your post, we all know what you’ll be putting in it when Carthage wins. 

Hey we agree on one thing and that’s Carthage will win. You the one on your knees begging LE kids to come play for PG. How many y’all gonna have next year from LE succa? 

1 hour ago, Ijustwatch said:

Why would kids move to Carthage? Did they move here before Surratt won 3 in a row to start this run or was that homegrown kids? Oh wait, he brought coaches with him, so that's how they got move-ins then?

So no other school in East Texas has 3 move-ins? And by your text, that means kids that didn't start there in kindergarten. Kids move. It happens. If you had a school age kid would you rather them attend Marshall ISD or Carthage ISD?

There is no school in East Texas that has 22 starters who have been in the school since kindergarten. If they do, that is a dying town that nobody has moved to.

Go school by school with your exercise with teams in East Texas and check for move-ins.

Why do you care where the kids are from? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mightyeagle said:

I noticed you put D2 What about D1 Where ya'll belong.

Bring all comers.  Wouldn’t matter if there are no injuries.

We’re in D2 this year, but I’m very confident we have the best team in all 4A this year assuming everyone is healthy all season.

You put a fully healthy Carthage against a fully healthy anyone else and my money is on Carthage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Hey we agree on one thing and that’s Carthage will win. You the one on your knees begging LE kids to come play for PG. How many y’all gonna have next year from LE succa? 

That’s really the best you could come back with? I thought more of you

#openwideMike

Edited by Hawkeye55

So let’s look at this topic from a “could potentially” stand-point. Here’s who could potentially give Carthage a game:

- Gilmer - needs a perfect game and to be aggressive offensively the whole game and keep trying to score the entire 48. Defense will need to force at least 3 TO’s and hold Carthage under 21 points. This will be a tall task. %20 chance to pull the upset. 

- PG - see above ^^^ just don’t see that they realistically can, but in a 1 game scenario, anything can happen. Carthage would have to do some imploding for them to beat them. 10% chance to pull the upset. 

- Silsbee - I think this is the team that can do it, if anyone can. Again, 1 game scenario, have to play perfect and have to win the trenches. They are probably more athletic than Carthage but not as savvy at passing the ball. They will need to play a perfect game and get at least 1 TO a half and turn it into a TD for a +14 margin. %35 chance to pull the upset. 

Belleville - See Gilmer or PG. I give them a 15-20% chance to pull the upset. Can score with a solid defense. 

Cuero- this team has a chance but has to get some things figured out. They seemed hot at the early season but seem to maybe be struggling. With their defense anything can happen but they have to get right. In a 1 game scenario where anything can happen, I say they’re a 20% to win team. 

Wimbo  - 10% chance, just don’t think so. 

Hamshire F & Waco Con - maybe 5% chance, they may not even make regional final. 

I’m a big believer that this Carthage team is just on a mission and everything has come together. Defense is GOOD. Cuff is spinning a deadly ball this year. Receivers are deep and good, RB’s are quick but do lack size. Defense is stupid good and SO young, it’s insane. I just don’t see anyone who is evenly matched and has a 50% chance. To me, Silsbee comes the closest. I think this year is #9. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

So let’s look at this topic from a “could potentially” stand-point. Here’s who could potentially give Carthage a game:

- Gilmer - needs a perfect game and to be aggressive offensively the whole game and keep trying to score the entire 48. Defense will need to force at least 3 TO’s and hold Carthage under 21 points. This will be a tall task. %20 chance to pull the upset. 

- PG - see above ^^^ just don’t see that they realistically can, but in a 1 game scenario, anything can happen. Carthage would have to do some imploding for them to beat them. 10% chance to pull the upset. 

- Silsbee - I think this is the team that can do it, if anyone can. Again, 1 game scenario, have to play perfect and have to win the trenches. They are probably more athletic than Carthage but not as savvy at passing the ball. They will need to play a perfect game and get at least 1 TO a half and turn it into a TD for a +14 margin. %35 chance to pull the upset. 

Belleville - See Gilmer or PG. I give them a 15-20% chance to pull the upset. Can score with a solid defense. 

Cuero- this team has a chance but has to get some things figured out. They seemed hot at the early season but seem to maybe be struggling. With their defense anything can happen but they have to get right. In a 1 game scenario where anything can happen, I say they’re a 20% to win team. 

Wimbo  - 10% chance, just don’t think so. 

Hamshire F & Waco Con - maybe 5% chance, they may not even make regional final. 

I’m a big believer that this Carthage team is just on a mission and everything has come together. Defense is GOOD. Cuff is spinning a deadly ball this year. Receivers are deep and good, RB’s are quick but do lack size. Defense is stupid good and SO young, it’s insane. I just don’t see anyone who is evenly matched and has a 50% chance. To me, Silsbee comes the closest. I think this year is #9. 

Knew I was missing someone. Glen Rose - solid defense & size. They’re a 20-25% team if they’re hot. Offense may struggle against Carthage D. GR may be a 15% team. Bottom line, they’re not on Silsbee’s level. 

9 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Hahahaha you got me there 😆I was wondering something. Have you pulled your Beto sign out your yard yet? That why you mad 😂

No, but for real I’d have to agree w you. It looks like the 🏆 will be headed to Carthage this year. You Carthage fans just make sure to keep Ol Magic Mike away from the hot dog stand. 

• Like 1

Carthage fan here… unnecessary thread because all it does is upset people and because Carthage is heavily favored wire to wire so it’s not really saying anything anyone else has not already said. 

The move in stuff is dumb and we covered that earlier in the year on a different thread. Not even gonna go into that because everyone knows it’s dumb. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2