Who can give Carthage a game?

michaelmyers

9 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Carthage fan here… unnecessary thread because all it does is upset people and because Carthage is heavily favored wire to wire so it’s not really saying anything anyone else has not already said. 

The move in stuff is dumb and we covered that earlier in the year on a different thread. Not even gonna go into that because everyone knows it’s dumb. 

Correct on both points, but especially the "unnecessary thread."  It could be a good and fun topic, but it's the way @michaelmyerscomes across in his first two or three posts as if "I'm here to pick a fight" with all the menial garbage teams/fans.  Comes across like a dufus who has never put on the pads, just likes to talk smack as though he has contributed to the cause.  A poor representation of the Carthage community.

I do not think Carthage will be beat, but a few that could pull the upset if Carthage players think like @michaelmyers (which I'm sure they and their coaching staff are beyond that small minded thinking) ....

- Cuero, if they can get their stuff together because they looked like garbage against Salado

- Wimberley, always has potential to pull an upset

Edited by Everide2016
  • Like 2
  • Stinks 1

What I wish Carthage would do is schedule at least one upper tier team a division or two above them (4AD1-5AD1) during pre-district each year.  I understand they don't need to do this because they're already top dog in their division and winning titles, plus it is hard to get those teams to play because there's very little benefit to the higher division team, but it would be awesome for the fans.  Perhaps Carthage has done this some and I've missed it?  It's always fun to watch top tier teams from different classifications go after each other.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

What I wish Carthage would do is schedule at least one upper tier team a division or two above them (4AD1-5AD1) during pre-district each year.  I understand they don't need to do this because they're already top dog in their division and winning titles, plus it is hard to get those teams to play because there's very little benefit to the higher division team, but it would be awesome for the fans.  Perhaps Carthage has done this some and I've missed it?  It's always fun to watch top tier teams from different classifications go after each other.

Does Kilgore and Marshall not qualify ?

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Does Kilgore and Marshall not qualify ?

Not with me.  I don't see either one of them as upper tier in their classification.  I'm talking like Argyle, Aledo, Midlothian... ones that are currently real contenders for the upper tier of their classification.  Carthage would represent well and even win some.

Edited by Everide2016

46 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Not with me.  I don't see either one of them as upper tier in their classification.  I'm talking like Argyle, Aledo, Midlothian... ones that are currently real contenders for the upper tier of their classification.  Carthage would represent well and even win some.

You put "Midlothian" with Argyle and Aledo?

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

“Even win some..”. Argyle and Midlothian schools don’t want Carthage.  We’ve been there, done that and them being 5A now means nothing.

Having 5A next to your name doesn’t automatically mean your team is improved from when you were in 4A.

Apologies, I do get what you’re saying though, because they are competing well in their class/division.

Sorry, the “even win some” phrase got to me.

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

You put "Midlothian" with Argyle and Aledo?

I had a good laugh. Marshall and Kilgore are just as good. Arygle would be interesting because of their history.  Carthage has made a tremendous effort to get quality matchups. Gilmer PG . 

• Like 1

The "move-in" argument always makes me 🤣 There are many reasons kids still in school move, and it's not because they necessarily want to. There's no NIL in High School, so it's not like kids can pick and choose what school to go to in the public system. 

-I don't know how many Carthage has or doesn't have, but I guarantee it's not an abnormal number compared to rest of ETX. 

11 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Van Alstyne will beat them this week!👍

Why don’t you sig bet your predictions?  You have to forcefully say Carthage is the best in 4a and I like it or something. Highly doubtful you would do this. You probably disappear and act like we forgot. 

47 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

I don't know how many Carthage has or doesn't have, but I guarantee it's not an abnormal number compared to rest of ETX. 

Total student transfers,  maybe not.  But transfers who happen to be good at football,  Carthage will be near the top of that list. 

• Like 3