Can we just cut the crap?

LetsGoEagles

VA isn't beating Carthage and GVIlle isn't beating Gilmer. It's Carthage vs. Gilmer in Rd 3 and hopefully at Tyler Rose, but prolly at Longview is my guess. This is the game that's happening. I appreciate all the "take it 1 game at a time" stuff, but let's just get it rolling. Carthage is playing Gilmer in Rd. 3........ discuss. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles
  • Like 2

I’ll be interested to see about Gilmer’s defense.

We’ve been hearing the Gilmer defense is much more Black Flag this season than they’ve been in quite a while.

The Bulldog defense is stout and I think they enjoy teeing off on any style offense from week to week.

The CHS offense is ready this season, unlike last.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

VA isn't beating Carthage and GVIlle isn't beating Gilmer. It's Carthage vs. Gilmer in Rd 3 and hopefully at Tyler Rose, but prolly at Longview is my guess. This is the game that's happening. I appreciate all the "take it 1 game at a time" stuff, but let's just get it rolling. Carthage is playing Gilmer in Rd. 3........ discuss. 

Surprisingly, it seems to me like the Gilmer offense is their weaker unit between that and their defense. I don’t think that plays well into a matchup with Carthage, as the Carthage defense this year is stout on a level we havent seen and weren’t expecting. Meanwhile the Carthage offense has been almost as prolific. I may get crap for this, but it’s my honest opinion… I don’t know that the game is close this year. I think Carthage wins by 21+

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KildogDad said:

First hand experience from seeing both this year: Carthage 

Same here. I thought Carthage's defense was stifling. Gilmer's D is good, but not stifling. Carthage has a more polished passer and more weapons at receiver than Gilmer. Carthage also had an explosive RB... Gilmer's was super fast but I only remember him busting one long one against us. Gilmer's Fluellen is probably the best player I've seen this year.. #13 for Carthage is right there with him along with Stewart from Chapel Hill.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Surprisingly, it seems to me like the Gilmer offense is their weaker unit between that and their defense. I don’t think that plays well into a matchup with Carthage, as the Carthage defense this year is stout on a level we havent seen and weren’t expecting. Meanwhile the Carthage offense has been almost as prolific. I may get crap for this, but it’s my honest opinion… I don’t know that the game is close this year. I think Carthage wins by 21+

Gilmer's QB is young and learning, while making mistakes when under pressure, which is often because the offensive line has not seemed to jel this year.  So, you are spot on about our offense being weaker than the defense.  Offense can still hurt you, but the stiff Carthage defense should keep us under their thumb.  Our main hope is that our defense can slow down the Dog offense, to keep us in the game and create turnovers.  This is, if both get by this week's opponents.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Same here. I thought Carthage's defense was stifling. Gilmer's D is good, but not stifling. Carthage has a more polished passer and more weapons at receiver than Gilmer. Carthage also had an explosive RB... Gilmer's was super fast but I only remember him busting one long one against us. Gilmer's Fluellen is probably the best player I've seen this year.. #13 for Carthage is right there with him along with Stewart from Chapel Hill.

Haynes didn’t play against y’all it was the backup running back that y’all faced 

8 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

When is the last time there was a competitive game? Heck even break a sweat? Last year lol. Has Carthage even trailed this year? 

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage has not trailed this season. 

Hard to trail when starting defense only gives up 20 points all year and your offense is only ever stopped by theirselves occasionally! 

• Like 1