Biden Student Loan Forgiveness CANCELED By Judge

Monte1076

11 hours ago, Mel2011 said:

Surely you not saying only D's do this? You'd be take serious when you equally criticize,  til then I'll leave this convo

Lol,  so you won't post a link to a republican doing it? Just tuck tail and run as soon as Monte slaps down your liberal nonsense.  

27 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/21/fact-check-presidential-spending-through-executive-order-allowed/5582667002/

Do your research on how many for each are spending.... 

The problem with both party is spending and now you say the R's don't do it? 🤡 

Did you READ the article you posted? I don't think it says what you think it does.

Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle criticized Trump's move, as well. Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., called the orders “unconstitutional slop,” and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., called them “illusions” that don’t “even accomplish what he sets out to do.”

Note the word "unconstitutional" in there.

The U.S. Constitution grants Congress the country’s spending power. David Super, a constitutional law expert teaching at Georgetown University, said that means the president cannot spend money without congressional authorization, "whether by executive order or presidential memorandum or anything else."

However, Congress can provide money that is contingent on the president releasing it, in which case, an executive order could release funds, if that’s what Congress called for, he said.

The Congress did not provide money that was contingent on the President releasing it. He just did it.

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/21/fact-check-presidential-spending-through-executive-order-allowed/5582667002/

Go ahead and quote me saying "the R's don't do it"

🤡

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

He wants an article to attack, not actually to receive any information. 

Like the information I provided from the USA Today article link that was posted? The one that said Presidents can't use EOs for spending unless the money is allocated by Congress, or contingent upon Congress releasing it?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Let us hope not.....this is unconstitutional and these people should have to pay back their loans....they knew what they were getting when they took the money....it was their own fault, not the taxpayers that they wanted to take money out for schooling....

Student loans should not come from the government at all....it should be done through the private sector.....if they don't pay back their loans and/or forgiven of their loans, then that is just a waste of taxpayer money----something our government already does with greatness. 

Borrow the money--pay it back...it's a choice not have to borrow the money....

My thoughts to a T.  

4 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

1 truth= yall loss a seat in the senate...

Hey at least you have that win.  Maybe the Cowboys can finally give you something else to cheer about.

House controls the $$$.  Biden won't get anything done these next 2 years.  And to stay on topic, he won't get this student loan forgiveness done either.  He is doing exactly what they accused Trump of doing, unconstitutional EOs to force his agenda through. 

You may be sucking on a peppermint, but 💩 still keeps coming out of your mouth.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

So loan forgiveness for college students = illegal

The PP loan given to corporations during Covid shutdown is forgiven = legal ?  

The government should NOT be bailing out companies, they should NOT be giving loans to companies and then forgive them either........The Government SHOULD NOT BE IN THE LOAN BUSINESS EVER!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

No, both parties are equally guilty in wasting TAXPAYER money!!!!! Doesn't matter who is in power, and if some think otherwise.....then I have some beach front property for them just outside of Lufkin, Texas......:rofl:

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 7:09 PM, DAWG91 said:

Answer should be simple.  Was PP forgiveness something passed by Congress?  Or pen & phone EO "legislation?"

On 11/14/2022 at 7:12 PM, Monte1076 said:

There's a DIFFERENCE, though. The PPP was done via Congress, and had the conditions for loan forgiveness built in.

Biden used an EO.

Yes, I know.  What I'm talking about is optics.  It just looks bad.  The Dems can hit you with it anytime they want. 

8 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

How? "Look! We did something unconstitutional, and they took it to court to get it stopped!"

Over 90% of Americans won't understand that.  They just see loans for average Americans ruled illegal while corporations loans are forgiven.