Cushing vs. Mart

RETIREDFAN1

Cushing vs. Mart  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Area

This poll is closed to new votes

For a team to get consistently better… you have to play the best to get better…work hard week in and week out and developed the culture and heart that wills you to win when u want to lay down and quit.

Bearkats need to look at this as a step and give everything they have.

From here on out, they need yo be playing 2 notches up in completion with whoever will sign up with them… next season may be a done deal but next realignment, you have to raise the bar or you will never get there… especially with a doubter’s mentality.

32 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

For a team to get consistently better… you have to play the best to get better…work hard week in and week out and developed the culture and heart that wills you to win when u want to lay down and quit.

From here on out, they need yo be playing 2 notches up in completion with whoever will sign up with them… next season may be a done deal but next realignment, you have to raise the bar or you will never get there… especially with a doubter’s mentality.

Hula, I agree. Bearkaks have learned how to win when expected but now need to learn how to step it up and search for ways to Win when not expected. I belive they will overcome and succeed. 

Looks like we will not make the game since real live tickets can not be purchased. We do Not make online purchases with our Debit cards. Best Wishes and Good Luck BearKats: Dr. George Washington Carver was fond of saying "Do the Very Best you Can with what you have and do it Right Now" !

MDJ

2 hours ago, HulaKat said:

From here on out, they need to be playing 2 notches up in competition with whoever will sign up with them… next season may be a done deal but next realignment, you have to raise the bar or you will never get there… especially with a doubter’s mentality.

Respectfully disagree. Cushing needs to schedule cupcakes in non-district. Get that regular season pumped up. Build a little hype. Get a few football families to consider putting their kids in Cushing instead of Nac or Garrison. Y'all have already kicked off the label of "Cushion" and being everyone's favorite homecoming victim. Don't try to fly too high too fast. 

You're never gonna have the talent base to compete with a program like Mart year in and year out, but with enough hustling you can gradually build a perennial winner like Price-Carlisle has. In time you may be able to develop a group of Jimmys and Joes who can make a legit run. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Respectfully disagree. Cushing needs to schedule cupcakes in non-district. Get that regular season pumped up. Build a little hype. Get a few football families to consider putting their kids in Cushing instead of Nac or Garrison. Y'all have already kicked off the label of "Cushion" and being everyone's favorite homecoming victim. Don't try to fly too high too fast. 

You're never gonna have the talent base to compete with a program like Mart year in and year out, but with enough hustling you can gradually build a perennial winner like Price-Carlisle has. In time you may be able to develop a group of Jimmys and Joes who can make a legit run. 

How about you switch out WH with someone like Groveton. Have a couple of your normal really weak d2 schools and have a few mediocre d1 schools. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Going 2-8 and 3-7 because of your Pre-district schedule will help build nothing. String half a decade together of some 6-4, 7-3, and even 8-2 seasons will better for the program.

• Like 3

I agree and disagree with Hula... playing up in pre district does help, like the old saying goes, Iron sharpens Iron, BUT.. Cushing is not quite Iron yet. Schools that have already proven themselves year in and year out, should try and schedule their pre district as realistically tough as they can to prepare for district and playoffs, and most importantly to simply get better. I agree with Lion, someone like Groveton or maybe even WS or Grapeland, you know a middle of the road, been there done that but not a consistent powerhouse 2a-1 team would benefit Cushing next realignment. I mean you could throw some cupcake 3a-2 team like Kountze or Trinity in there but I don't know if that would be any more beneficial than the previously mentioned teams would be. All in all the Kats are gonna be okay and I'm always glad to see a little scrappy johnny team have success! Good luck to you guys

• Like 2

3 hours ago, action10 said:

Hula, I agree. Bearkaks have learned how to win when expected but now need to learn how to step it up and search for ways to Win when not expected. I belive they will overcome and succeed. 

Looks like we will not make the game since real live tickets can not be purchased. We do Not make online purchases with our Debit cards. Best Wishes and Good Luck BearKats: Dr. George Washington Carver was fond of saying "Do the Very Best you Can with what you have and do it Right Now" !

MDJ

I had not idea we have to purchase tickets online…. Is that a state-wide thing or  Madisonville way?

2 hours ago, HulaKat said:

I had not idea we have to purchase tickets online…. Is that a state-wide thing or  Madisonville way?

I nearly missed getting into the Gilmer game last year at Rose Stadium. Someone was nice enough to help me. Some playoff sites will take senior passes. The Carlisle game will be at Palastine stadium. The Admin at Carlisle said they would take passes or cash. I don't believe in all those apps being in my phone. They already know too much about the citizens.

Edited by RipperRipper
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr. P said:

"You're never gonna have the talent base to compete with a program like Mart year in and year out, ...."

THIS is where programs like Mart, Carthage, Gilmer, etc succeed and others fail. The mentality of champions is that they CAN compete with ANYBODY, ANYTIME. The mentality that says you don't have the stuff to compete is a loser's mentality and is the number one cause of defeat.

Just my opinion.