Area- PG vs Caddo Mills

Hawkeye55

PG(9-2) vs Caddo Mills (11-0)  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• PG
    • Caddo Mills

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

Hawkeye55 was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

I am going with the Hawks by 3 TD’s. Caddo Mills has a high powered offense and will hopefully run into a tougher defense than they have encountered this year. Both teams playing with a lot of confidence right now, should be a good game. 

Edited by Hawkeye55

36 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

PG will win, Gibson will cry with cameras in his face for his post game speech, it will get 5k views on Facebook, a couple 8th grade kids will see it and move to PG, they will be freak freshmen next year, get 12 offers,  and all will be right in Texas!

😂 Heart and soul baby.. But typical response… I’m sure those kids at PG don’t work hard, it’s all handed to them. 

1 hour ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

PG will win, Gibson will cry with cameras in his face for his post game speech, it will get 5k views on Facebook, a couple 8th grade kids will see it and move to PG, they will be freak freshmen next year, get 12 offers,  and all will be right in Texas!

I'll take our crying coach over almost any coach in Texas.

• Crybaby 1

22 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Oh I'm sure they do.....wouldn't be very good if they didn't....but, tell me I'm wrong??

I’m sure he will get emotional if they upset someone in the playoffs, I don’t see anything wrong w a guy having passion. I wouldn’t, but I don’t put long hours into coaching. I’m sure PG will get move ins next year… most good programs do, and he does have the ability to get your kid an offer if he’s good enough. Most of his guys go on to have success at the college level. 
So yes I agree w you, I just wouldn’t word it to sound bitter is all. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

I’m sure he will get emotional if they upset someone in the playoffs, I don’t see anything wrong w a guy having passion. I wouldn’t, but I don’t put long hours into coaching. I’m sure PG will get move ins next year… most good programs do, and he does have the ability to get your kid an offer if he’s good enough. Most of his guys go on to have success at the college level. 

1 hour ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Not bitter. Its expected at this point. If my son was good enough to play there we would be there. He isn't so we play at Karnack. 

4 hours ago, Hawkeye55 said:

😂 Heart and soul baby.. But typical response… I’m sure those kids at PG don’t work hard, it’s all handed to them. 

They haven't had to earn anything since 2017 when nobody believed in them. Since then, Hawks been riding that 17 wave.

36 minutes ago, FutbolFan1 said:

They haven't had to earn anything since 2017 when nobody believed in them. Since then, Hawks been riding that 17 wave.

Not sure what your point is? The 6 post you have made bashing PG sounds like you may have had a head injury during your playing days. Make sense.. say what you really want to say. 

7 hours ago, Hawkeye55 said:

PG had Linden on the schedule in 2016..they have been on a good run but some fans over do it imo. the players you mentioned at the next level were all apart of the 17 team outside of Martin that played Lb...not pulling against them but it’ll be tough the next couple years with the region being what it is.... I saw the new facilities but I wonder how long coach stays with his son being a senior .

Edited by RogerDorn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

PG had Linden on the schedule in 2016..they have been on a good run but some fans over do it imo. the players you mentioned at the next level were all apart of the 17 team outside of Martin that played Lb...not pulling against them but it’ll be tough the next couple years with the region being what it is.... I saw the new facilities but I wonder how long coach stays with his son being a senior .

A lot of people assume he will leave, but I am not convinced. I don’t see Gibson leaving before the new facilities are complete, which are going to be unreal. He and his wife have great jobs that allow them to live a comfortable life. They have lots of support from the school and community. The school has open enrollment, so you are going to get athletes. Also, I believe his Dad moved to East Texas(Marshall area).  He has had opportunities and he may leave one day. If he does, PG will get a lot of applicants for the position.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

I would bet he won’t stay long after his son graduates. He is a Junior. They don’t graduate a whole lot this year but like you said Carthage coming in makes it a whole new ballgame. 2017 was a great group and those guys helped  lay the foundation and expectations for future teams. I think the last time they won state was 2019 and Carthage won the D1 side that year. 
He hired his dad on the staff this past week. He has a pretty good set up right now. 

Edited by Hawkeye55

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

I would bet he won’t stay long after his son graduates. He is a Junior. They don’t graduate a whole lot this year but like you said Carthage coming in makes it a whole new ballgame. 2017 was a great group and those guys helped  lay the foundation and expectations for future teams. I think the last time they won state was 2019 and Carthage won the D1 side that year. 

Interesting to see what happens maybe he will stay and pg keeps it going....17 was one of the better teams from the area..most of those guys had a chance to go play somewhere . The RB Cole has had the best career after hs imo and he’s playing D2

2 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

Interesting to see what happens maybe he will stay and pg keeps it going....17 was one of the better teams from the area..most of those guys had a chance to go play somewhere . The RB Cole has had the best career after hs imo and he’s playing D2

He may be in the NFL next year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

He hired his dad on the staff this past week. He has a pretty good set up right now. 

I don’t think Carthage would have anything to do with him leaving. They even discussed playing each other this year, but decided against it. He will face competition here or wherever he goes. You just have to figure how to beat those guys. 

13 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

That 17 team dominated on the line of scrimmage. That is what PG is missing. That is what separates teams like Carthage in 4A. They have big physical guys on the line of scrimmage. 

• Like 3