We Met With Ted Cruz About Stopping Mass Shootings. His Response Was Disgusting.

BarryLaverty

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

You violated reason in that particular case, for sure. 

Two questions for you (Well, one is a two-parter), Barry. Try not to answer them like you did this one. I'm sure if one of your students did that you'd mark them off.

1. What does "the right of the people" mean to you?
2. Do you think we need the government's permission to exercise rights? Why or why not?

9 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Nice try. @RETIREDFAN1 is still correct in his statement. 

Table showing 20 counties with the highest gun homicide rates from 2016 to 2020, with rural counties appearing more frequently in the list.
Note: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines county locations using the Federal Information Processing Standards code set from 1999–2000. This standard set of codes provides names and codes for counties and county equivalents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia. Counties are considered to be the "first-order subdivisions" of each state, regardless of their local designation (county, parish, borough, census area).

3 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Two questions for you (Well, one is a two-parter), Barry. Try not to answer them like you did this one. I'm sure if one of your students did that you'd mark them off.

1. What does "the right of the people" mean to you?
2. Do you think we need the government's permission to exercise rights? Why or why not?

At the risk of going down a rabbit hole with you, I will say that you should not have an unfettered right that might take away my right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And, yes we have a government that placed those rights into place, and we have over the years evolved the laws that evolved from those to fit our times, right, so in effect, we have rights that aren't only innate but also codified by the government.  

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

At the risk of going down a rabbit hole with you, I will say that you should not have an unfettered right that might take away my right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And, yes we have a government that placed those rights into place, and we have over the years evolved the laws that evolved from those to fit our times, right, so in effect, we have rights that aren't only innate but also codified by the government.  

This explains a lot about libs. 

6 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:
Table showing 20 counties with the highest gun homicide rates from 2016 to 2020, with rural counties appearing more frequently in the list.
Note: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines county locations using the Federal Information Processing Standards code set from 1999–2000. This standard set of codes provides names and codes for counties and county equivalents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia. Counties are considered to be the "first-order subdivisions" of each state, regardless of their local designation (county, parish, borough, census area).

Wrong again lol. Keep trying to say it’s not the cities causing high gun violence. But you’ll never succeed at that point cause it ain’t so.

18 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Wrong again lol. Keep trying to say it’s not the cities causing high gun violence. But you’ll never succeed at that point cause it ain’t so.

First few areas on the list are high percentage minority areas that have failed under dimnut policies.

28 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That doesn't really answer the question, does it? But what happens when an "innate" or "codified" right begins to get eroded? Are you in favor of regulating free speech? To what extent? How about what can be reported on the news (and how it can be reported)? How about when you're allowed to go to church and how you are to worship? Or a regulation on "petitioning the government for a redress of grievances"?

Murder is already illegal, is it not? The means is not really relevant, is it?

The words "the people" are mentioned nine times in the Constitution. What do those words mean?

"The people" appears in:

The Preamble
Article 1, Section 2
Amendments 1, 2, 4, 9, 10, and 17.

The words "right of the people" appear in:

Amendments 1, 2, 4

So I'm asking what "the people" and "the right of the people" means.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say, "If we feel like it."

Edited by Monte1076
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED........

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

The cdc study calls suicide gun violence. It’s skewed numbers. We all know where the majority of gun violence happens. To act like citing something means it’s not is silly. 

They probably classify self defense shootings as gun violence........the NRA data is the only accurate data......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Over 2 million defensive uses of a firearm yearly. 11k killed by guns. 

They want to make the 2 million victims with the 11k.

That's just nonsense. There are zero valid stats to come close to that number. Compare it to your self reporting Covid site. 

Edited by BarryLaverty