Same Sex Marriage Will Be Protected Law Soon

BarryLaverty

That is a state issue just like abortion, Thomas is right that it needs to be revisited. I remember when the Scotus struck down the DOMA and George Bush saying we just need a federal law not a constitutional amendment to protect marriage and that was when 80 percent of the states would have agreed. George Bush was wrong again

23 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Bet you 50 cents you have before. 

If you can find ONE post that I actually made where I actually advocated for that (or asked "why not?"), I'll admit I was wrong, which is something you seem incapable of.

But let me ask you, Barry: Why is 2 the "magic number" for marriage? Why not more? I mean, didn't David have eight, at the same time?

Edited by Monte1076

22 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It says who you love, no stipulation on if they’re married.  

That's what Schumer said, and that's my broader point. I mean, he did say "no matter who you love", right?

What if two siblings want to marry? Would that be allowed under this bill? What about cousins (although a surprisingly high number of states allow for cousin marriage, after a certain "level". First cousins I don't think can marry in most states, but second cousins can)? How about a nephew and an aunt, or an uncle and a niece, as long as they're both legal consenting adults?

What if someone could marry in such a way that they were their own step-grandfather?

Edited by Monte1076

2 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Imagine that.  He's a hit and runner.  He will post a link to some liberal garbage but he doesn't take the time to have an actual discussion. 

I don't dabble in nonsense, rabbit chasing, or general craziness, and I do recognize leading questions and general trolling, so that limits severely most interactions with you. It really hurts my heart not to be to have 'discussions' with you. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You don't understand the definition of marriage? Not surprising, but you can know that it doesn't involve a 'living doll', so that's out of the picture for you. 

You think you’re funny, but you’re not.  Typical liberal.  I know where the definition of marriage came from, just wondering if you did. 

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I don't dabble in nonsense, rabbit chasing, or general craziness, and I do recognize leading questions and general trolling, so that limits severely most interactions with you. It really hurts my heart not to be to have 'discussions' with you. 

I call Horse poo….every one of your posts is full of those things.  

Edited by DB2point0

1 hour ago, country said:

Progressives applaud the program which has delivered 290,000 children and teenagers since January 2021, most of whom are work-ready teenage males.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/11/30/veritas-whistleblower-bidens-border-rules-fueling-child-prostitution-child-labor/

What does this have to do with the OP?