Tyler ISD Open?

TrumpisDump

16 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

FACTS! It's definitely true that Holmes is out as Tyler high head coach. Legacy as well. 

I am happy that he is out. Now it just a wait and see who they find to replace him. Is there any big names out that y’all will come and apply for the position?

Edited by cujoforlife

On 11/18/2022 at 12:17 AM, VonG said:

This is what confuses me. The middle school teams be pretty good. Why doesn't that translate to the highschool level when they arrive on campus? 

I mean it’s a lot of reasons why you can’t translate junior high success to varsity level success. One of the main reasons is the development of kids at different stages. We’ve all seen those junior high superstars that hit puberty before everyone else and they’re killing the middle school only to not grow and be the same athlete as a high schooler. Also, the planning and scheming that goes into a game every week is vastly different from junior high football. 

19 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Yeah that would be pushing on the legit scale. He would be a good choice if he entertained it.

Outside of him I can’t really think of any other proven black high school football coaches. If TISD hires a coach for Tyler High that isn’t black I would be surprised. He could be Hispanic.

Edited by cujoforlife

4 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Outside of him I can’t really think of any other proven black high school football coaches. If TISD hires a coach for Tyler High that isn’t black I would be surprised. He could be Hispanic.

I get what you’re saying but I mean this respectfully as possible. If race is a deciding factor than most likely you won’t get the best candidate. I wouldn’t care if he was green but a proven winner. Tyler should be a attractive job. Hopefully both Tyler schools get competitive again.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

I mean it’s a lot of reasons why you can’t translate junior high success to varsity level success. One of the main reasons is the development of kids at different stages. We’ve all seen those junior high superstars that hit puberty before everyone else and they’re killing the middle school only to not grow and be the same athlete as a high schooler. Also, the planning and scheming that goes into a game every week is vastly different from junior high football. 

And girls, grades and gangs seem to change a kid.

On 11/19/2022 at 7:41 PM, cujoforlife said:

I know that it would be a long shot samples would be a good coach, but I doubt TISD would pay him enough to come out there.

Why would Samples leave Duncanville? He is in a one horse school district. He has been coaching in the Dfw his whole career I believe. JT would be a downgrade for him. Duncanville has better athletes than JT, Lee, Chapel Hill, and whoever else around here combined. Sounds like something that isn't worth it to him. For the record Tisd does pay well. Especially for a multi school district.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Who's said the coach has to be black? JT has a white principal. The next head coach might not be black. Be open minded and don't limit yourself when it comes to selecting a new coach. 

7 hours ago, VonG said:

Why would Samples leave Duncanville? He is in a one horse school district. He has been coaching in the Dfw his whole career I believe. JT would be a downgrade for him. Duncanville has better athletes than JT, Lee, Chapel Hill, and whoever else around here combined. Sounds like something that isn't worth it to him. For the record Tisd does pay well. Especially for a multi school district.

You could say the same thing about the coach at Legacy. He more to put from in the DFW, but he came to TISD.

7 hours ago, VonG said:

Who's said the coach has to be black? JT has a white principal. The next head coach might not be black. Be open minded and don't limit yourself when it comes to selecting a new coach. 

First of all let’s get some straight idc what color he is. Secondly, everyone That has coached at JT/TH has been black since Wilson. I’m not the one picking the coaches TISD is. And it shows a pattern.

Edited by cujoforlife
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, VonG said:

Say it again.

Jon Kay (North Shore), John King (Longview), McGuire (Cedar Hill), Peterson (Desoto) etc...

You don't have to have a black coach to have success at majority minority schools. You simply need the BEST coach.

I do understand that fit is a thing too though (Dicus at Duncanville). 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Say it again.

Jon Kay (North Shore), John King (Longview), McGuire (Cedar Hill), Peterson (Desoto) etc...

You don't have to have a black coach to have success at majority minority schools. You simply need the BEST coach.

I do understand that fit is a thing too though (Dicus at Duncanville). 

Again this is what TISD is hiring for TH. 

4 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

First of all let’s get some straight idc what color he is. Secondly, everyone That has coached at JT/TH has been black since Wilson. I’m not the one picking the coaches TISD is. And it shows a pattern.

Edited by VonG