Tyler ISD Open?

TrumpisDump

23 minutes ago, VonG said:

He is not from the Dfw. Where did Willis coach at before that? Samples whole career has  been in the dfw.

He came from cedar Park. That isn’t my point. My point is that he came from DFW to come to Legacy. He could have stayed there and gotten any number of jobs but he decided to come to Tyler. 

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

He came from cedar Park. That isn’t my point. My point is that he came from DFW to come to Legacy. He could have stayed there and gotten any number of jobs but he decided to come to Tyler. 

He was lured away from Colleyville because the pay was substantially better than where he was at. That's why he came to TISD. If other jobs was paying what TISD was paying why would he come here in the first place. He could have just stayed in the dfw. Legacy was and is not a attractive job to coach at. So it had to be something that drove him to change his address from dfw to Tyler. That would be 💰. Other than that, why would he leave the city to come to lil Ole east Texas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VonG said:

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

He was lured away from Colleyville because the pay was substantially better than where he was at. That's why he came to TISD. If other jobs was paying what TISD was paying why would he come here in the first place. He could have just stayed in the dfw. Legacy was and is not a attractive job to coach at. So it had to be something that drove him to change his address from dfw to Tyler. That would be 💰. Other than that, why would he leave the city to come to lil Ole east Texas. 

They made sure that they paid him more so they he would come. And was also coming in to coach a 6a team.

38 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

This is crazy to see Cujo this down, being from the DFW area Cujo was a well known face in the 5A ranks. Always competing with the Lancaster, Guyer, Poteet, Aledo etc deep in the playoffs. Has the talent dried up? 

absolutely not. They have several D1 kids on both teams with several of them being 4 star or higher rated. Terrible schemes/coaching, motivation at lower levels of the program, and poor defined migration from middle school.  Tyler needs to figure it out so they can get an offensive system at the lower grades so these kids can learn it early.  terrible state of football in Tyler.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingwolf said:

absolutely not. They have several D1 kids on both teams with several of them being 4 star or higher rated. Terrible schemes/coaching, motivation at lower levels of the program, and poor defined migration from middle school. Tyler needs to figure it out so they can get an offensive system at the lower grades so these kids can learn it early. terrible state of football in Tyler.

Having a few kids with offers doesn't make them have alot of talent. Lee had absolutely no playmakers. They had a couple of good d lineman. JT has good skill position kids but they are not good in the trenches where it counts. The middle school kids do need to learn the playbook at the lower levels. So when they get to high school it should be a smooth transition. The migration at the middle schools are not poor. Hubbard and 3 Lakes zone to Lee. Boulter and Moore zoned to JT. Pretty simple.

Edited by VonG
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, VonG said:

Having a few kids with offers doesn't make them have alot of talent. Lee had absolutely no playmakers. They had a couple of good d lineman. JT has good skill position kids but they are not good in the trenches where it counts. The middle school kids do need to learn the playbook at the lower levels. So when they get to high school it should be a smooth transition. The migration at the middle schools are not poor. Hubbard and 3 Lakes zone to Lee. Boulter and Moore zoned to JT. Pretty simple.

This is in reference of the way that kids go from athletics at middle school to HS in TISD. I have a good friend who taught and coached at TISD several years ago. This was his insight. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 3:57 PM, cujoforlife said:

TISD really have much time to start searching for a new coach for TH. The spring practice and spring game are right around the corner. You need to get the new coach time to get to his players 

The will probably wait until after the state championships. Start in January, that way they can see how the playoffs unfold and let coordinators and HC evaluate wanting to move. Plus, it gives them time to key in on a few and call them later. 

1 hour ago, RKS21 said:

Will the New Guy be from East Texas or Metroplex ? Thoughts and Opinions 

I'd hope East Texas. 

Metroplex teams are different and have different situations, challenges,  and such than East Texas teams. They're usually competing with like 5 other schools in their school district and such. Also in the Metroplex unless you're an Allen, Southlake, Denton Ryan (or Guyer now), you're just another number. Even teams like Mesquite won state in 01 but they're just another Mesquite school now. 

At Tyler, you'll only ever have one cross-town rival and a few surrounding smaller schools. 

46 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

The will probably wait until after the state championships. Start in January, that way they can see how the playoffs unfold and let coordinators and HC evaluate wanting to move. Plus, it gives them time to key in on a few and call them later. 

Okay that does make sense. There are other coaches that season has ended and not just in this state.

Why would Coach Willis come to East Texas?  He and his wife are both from small towns in East Texas and he got his start in small schools in the region.  He has experienced a lot of success in his career both as a head coach and as an assistant.  From the outside, it appears he took Legacy to the playoffs and even won a playoff game, I believe, so I don't know what the rush would be to get a new coach on board.  

32 minutes ago, neveragain said:

Why would Coach Willis come to East Texas?  He and his wife are both from small towns in East Texas and he got his start in small schools in the region.  He has experienced a lot of success in his career both as a head coach and as an assistant.  From the outside, it appears he took Legacy to the playoffs and even won a playoff game, I believe, so I don't know what the rush would be to get a new coach on board.  

Because he only went two rounds deep with two of the best RB in ET. TISD redrew so that he would have most of the players that live out by Kelly Springfield. Had over 200 players come out and still couldn’t win games like TISD thought that he should.

Edited by cujoforlife

Coach Willis and Legacy suffer from not having the Jimmies and Joe's. Everyone thinks because the line was redrawn that Legacy would have the numbers. Well guess what they don't. Where are all these kids that are in a certain spot that could go either or but was zoned Legacy a few years ago? I'll wait.

Edited by VonG
  • Like 1