Tyler ISD Open?

TrumpisDump

26 minutes ago, Destry said:

Why?

Because of the play of the other teams in the district. You have to show that you’re going to pass some, and if you don’t have a good defense with an offense that has shown that it isn’t good playing from behind. Once you’re down two to three scores the games is over with your offense isn’t made for making big plays.

I agree with some of your statement but I have seen teams throw 20-25 times out of the old school offenses. Just a thought— why is it that generally spread offense teams have more points scored on them than old school offenses— talking scores of 60-45, 77-56,55-42? 

• Like 1

With the new medical school coming to Tyler. It will bring in different types of companies. With that being said. Knowing Tisd is about to hire new coaches. Hopefully we can get some new families from Carthage, Gilmer, and Longview who maybe looking for a change of scenery and new jobs that will be afforded to us. Hopefully they can bring some great students that happens to be great at football also. 🤣

• LOL! 1

13 hours ago, Destry said:

I agree with some of your statement but I have seen teams throw 20-25 times out of the old school offenses. Just a thought— why is it that generally spread offense teams have more points scored on them than old school offenses— talking scores of 60-45, 77-56,55-42? 

TOP and how many times they throw vs run. Pass and incomplete or pass and out of bounds stops the clock. It lengthens the game and allows the other team more time with the ball. Also, you score quick and it give the the other team more time as well. Just some of my observations. 

59 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

TOP and how many times they throw vs run. Pass and incomplete or pass and out of bounds stops the clock. It lengthens the game and allows the other team more time with the ball. Also, you score quick and it give the the other team more time as well. Just some of my observations. 

Been told that a lot of spread coach’s philosophy is to outscore opponent rather than try to stop them from scoring. What a system?😵💫

11 minutes ago, Destry said:

Been told that a lot of spread coach’s philosophy is to outscore opponent rather than try to stop them from scoring. What a system?😵💫

I've heard that before too.. craziness. Bring back the Power T and single wing and let defenses have fun trying to stop them. lol. 

12 hours ago, VonG said:

With the new medical school coming to Tyler. It will bring in different types of companies. With that being said. Knowing Tisd is about to hire new coaches. Hopefully we can get some new families from Carthage, Gilmer, and Longview who maybe looking for a change of scenery and new jobs that will be afforded to us. Hopefully they can bring some great students that happens to be great at football also. 🤣

Tyler High def has the talent to be successful. There are plenty of good coaches in the area that could help turn this program around.

Edited by Go Bucks

12 minutes ago, Go Bucks said:

You are forgetting about Chapel Hill being right across town. Those coaches have flipped that program quickly. They also have a school with kids very much like Tyler High. 

Yes after the great performances of 10 and winning it all in 11 C.H went through a rough patch from 12-19 with a random good year in 13 with 9 wins and playing in 14 games and a 5 win season including a playoff win in 14. Besides that from,  15-19 they won a total of 11 games.    Good news is , Including this year and the previous 2,(so 3 years total), they are only 1 win from tying the total wins from 13-19 . Incredible job there. 

50 minutes ago, Go Bucks said:

Tyler High def has the talent to be successful. There are plenty of good coaches in the area that could help turn this program around.

If the talent is what you say. They should have won more then 2 games.

32 minutes ago, VonG said:

If the talent is what you say. They should have won more then 2 games.

Talent, without discipline, strategy, consistency, is just talent. It isn't wins. There are a lot of programs with athletic players/and the potential to do well. Doesn't mean they will. Someone could come in and help the program for sure at least get into the playoffs. I am not saying they will win district.

• Thanks 1

Again Coach Holmes has taken them to playoffs and made deep runs. Did he just all of a sudden forget how to coach? Or the the talent pool take a dip? I highly doubt he forgot how to coach his team. JT has some good skill position kids. The problem is this is not 7 on 7. The Game is won in the trenches. 

Edited by VonG

JT record the last 4 years. 

3-8

2-7

6-5 (thanks to Eli Holt showing up on the door steps)

2-8

Eventually we have to call it what it is. We can't keep living in a fantasy world. The truth of the matter is, JT talent pool is not deep as we would like to believe. 

17 hours ago, Destry said:

Those are spread teams that don’t have a good defense. Look At spread teams that don’t have those type of numbers scored against them. Then you also have to look at the fact that the face of football has changed from defensive minded coaches to offensive minded coaches. Higher scores and highlight reels gets more people into the seats taking the instance for kicking the ball out of bounds on kickoffs it’s not as big of a deal as it was when I was in high school no matter where the ball is on the field the teams can score no matter what.

15 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Gunter and now Cooper I think run it better. Pistol flex bone. Hays has him a little deep( the qb). 

To me , any team that has a shotgun or pistol just runs a variation of the wing or bone— not the true offense. Just my take and I know— who cares.😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destry said:

To me , any team that has a shotgun or pistol just runs a variation of the wing or bone— not the true offense. Just my take and I know— who cares.😁

That’s why the game evolves not even liberty Hill runs the old slot t. They were in a hurry up slot t. Where the teams have less time adjust to the plays. You will be hard pressed to see schools running the true slot t or wingT. That isn’t in the college football landscape anymore. Tascosa was the only team that have seen that has had success with the flexbone in large schools.

There’s nothing wrong with the talent at JT. I was front and center at the Lancaster game, a very athletic team JT matched up very against. I’d even argue that a hobbled McFall was still the best player on the field. Where JT obviously falls short are on both sides of the line of scrimmage. I’d say strength and conditioning is the main problem. I think his message just got stale and people grew tired of the bravado without the results. 

• Like 2