Tyler ISD Open?

TrumpisDump

2 hours ago, TrumpisDump said:

The biggest difference is the middle school programs. Tyler has a lot of middle schools and Longview only have 3 I believe. The high school are hands on with the middle school programs and I've heard from many people that neither of Tyler's coaches have come around the middle school programs enough to make a difference. You have to start some type of culture at that age group. 

Aren’t the middle schools running the same offense as the high school?

1 hour ago, TrumpisDump said:

4 is a lot for sure. It's a lot on the plate but utilize your coaches as well. I'm an outsider too. I just have a lot of friends who are involved in coaching and I learn a lot from them. Seems to be pretty true what they're saying. I attend games throughout ETX and I see different atmospheres at different schools and it's noticeable for sure. 

Two are for TH and two are for Legacy.

Yeah, with the lines drawn we know Boulter+Moore headed to TH and Hubbard/3L headed to Legacy. Middle Schools in TISD do run the same offenses that the HS use, but at times they rely definitely on 1-2 people during games and scrap some of the offensive plays in their playbook.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Yeah, with the lines drawn we know Boulter+Moore headed to TH and Hubbard/3L headed to Legacy. Middle Schools in TISD do run the same offenses that the HS use, but at times they rely definitely on 1-2 people during games and scrap some of the offensive plays in their playbook.

so they only looking at the win and not the development of players.

3 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Yes. However, would you have a 4-3 but you don’t have enough lineman to rotate in and out to keep in fresh legs a 3-3-5 and and a 3-4 looks better.

I aint about looks. I am about results! Your light up front and so your wanting to only have 3 light guys up front? Block down send rest to linebackers and just get gashed!

2 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Unfortunately, that's what it boiled down to at times

i saw the same in pop Warner when my nephew was playing. they were only playing who they liked and not given each player the 7 minutes or whatever the rules was for each player to have a chance to play.

4 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

I aint about looks. I am about results! Your light up front and so your wanting to only have 3 light guys up front? Block down send rest to linebackers and just get gashed!

when only have two or three big linemen on your team and the other players are a bit smaller. what are you going to do. play them the whole? where they get run down and tired. which after that you’re going to get gashed anyway. which was one of the problems at TH.

42 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

Exactly 4-3 is the best option. We have no personnel to run a 3-4 anybody that thinks that doesn’t know football.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ANTI said:

I respect what you're saying. 

My beef with him was the questionable utilization of what he had. He isn't putting his teams in best position to win. Look at the McFall situation. Why in the wide world was he lining up outwide so much this year?! I hated watching CUJO just off that alone. JT should've adopted a power run game or at the very least, a heavily zone read based system. McFall shouldve been the epicenter of that offense at the RB position. That would then relieve pressure from a questionable QB situation and help open up everything else in the offense. Also, I know the OL was a huge topic for CUJO fans this year. I'd rather put a struggling OL in run block situation with the quality of back McFall is, than have them in pass protect w/ questionable QB play and McFall running routes. What effect would McFall have if the ball cant even make it to him? I just didn't get it. Greg Ward and Bryson Smith aren't always going to be walking through that door. Adjusting to what you have is the first sign of a competent HC. Holmes lacks in this department. Also, Holmes is a defensive guy. JT's defenses have long been a thorn in their sides, I expected a lot more out of the DL and secondary coming into the season. It's not a good look when the HC's side of expertise isn't producing.

On the topic of talent...I don't believe for one second Forney or McKinney North had more talent than JT this year. Absolutely not. But they did utilize what they had better than JT this year and McNorth was cracking in a brand new HC.

And Longview would not have the success they're seeing with Holmes as HC for various reasons. He'd probably move Taylor Tatum to QB and have him chunking the ball 20 times a game. 

I don't know....I think Lee definitely has a talent issue...probably culture issue more than anything. They need a hard nosed, run first, defensive minded guy and will probably need to go across state lines to get it. But JT...I mean if talent is the big issue at JT isn't this HC search a waste of time?

+1000

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

Now the real talk can begin.

We all talk about the bad things..but lets talk about the positives.

He came in and exceeded my expectations. He was one 4th down stop from playing for state. Many thought it was a fluke, but 2 yrs later he was back in state semifinals.  

Then when team moved up to 6a, he won the district and went 3 rounds deep. Then 2 yrs later, ended up 4 rounds deep..and should have been playing another week, if not for a disaster 4th qtr agaisnt Highland Park.  

He was a great coach and had JT in the title discussion his first 6 or 7 years. Even beat alot of great coaches along the way. Beat Longview twice in Lobo. Beat Lancaster and a few solid playff wins over Frisco Lonestar and a couple Mansfield teams.

Unfortunately things fell off at the end...but he had a great run. Got lots of kids scholarships. Probably more than any coach I have every seen. I wish him luck going forward.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

We all talk about the bad things..but lets talk about the positives.

He came in and exceeded my expectations. He was one 4th down stop from playing for state. Many thought it was a fluke, but 2 yrs later he was back in state semifinals.  

Then when team moved up to 6a, he won the district and went 3 rounds deep. Then 2 yrs later, ended up 4 rounds deep..and should have been playing another week, if not for a disaster 4th qtr agaisnt Highland Park.  

He was a great coach and had JT in the title discussion his first 6 or 7 years. Even beat alot of great coaches along the way. Beat Longview twice in Lobo. Beat Lancaster and a few solid playff wins over Frisco Lonestar and a couple Mansfield teams.

Unfortunately things fell off at the end...but he had a great run. Got lots of kids scholarships. Probably more than any coach I have every seen. I wish him luck going forward.

I’m not saying he didn’t good things while he was the head coach. But his last four years over shadowed the good that he had done. People remember the bad over the good.