Tyler ISD Open?

TrumpisDump

13 hours ago, Destry said:

Would the guy at Beckville be a fit? Definitely turned them into a power and can coach the spread type offense and put kids in right place. Just my thought. I’m 

small school coaches are usually a better fit for big schools vs big school coaches going to small schools

On 12/3/2022 at 9:49 PM, cujoforlife said:

Lee Fedora would be a good fit at TH

Surprised he left home. But being Available and wanting this job are two totally different things. Really curious as to the Step down.  

2 minutes ago, Bigchum55 said:

Beckville guy would not be able to connect with TISD kids

why do you say that? You Don't know that 100%. There is someone working for him that has a son and has been and AD/HFC before wonder if he would be interested. 

I can promise you Tisd is not looking at no one from Beckville or any other small schools that size. The smallest schools they would look at or Gilmer and Carthage type of schools. Nothing against those small schools like Beckville.

It's going to be a uphill battle for Tisd. It's too many variables involved. I actually see it getting worse before it gets better. Whoever does land these jobs will have a nice salary and facilities to work with. 

1 hour ago, VonG said:

I can promise you Tisd is not looking at no one from Beckville or any other small schools that size. The smallest schools they would look at or Gilmer and Carthage type of schools. Nothing against those small schools like Beckville.

It's going to be a uphill battle for Tisd. It's too many variables involved. I actually see it getting worse before it gets better. Whoever does land these jobs will have a nice salary and facilities to work with. 

The right coach can win at JT soon.  The talent is there. The numbers are higher than its been in a long time. And there are alot of good athletes who left the football program due to certain reasons.  I think a simple change in practice schedule could bring some kids back.  As far as Legacy goes....who knows. I think they have a qb, but not the talent of JT. But they have more potential over the next 10 yrs because the growth of Tyler favors their program.

by the way...Is the job open yet?  Haven't seen any movement on it. 

Legacy has a qb?

When you say JT has Talent. Are you including the trenches? Because I haven't seen it. Nor do they have a qb. Talent would have beat Marshall and Lee alone. Now the freshman team do have some good players. It won't help the varsity next year. To young and inexperienced. 

2 hours ago, VonG said:

Old Henderson Coach is on staff at Beckville. He beat Carthage while at Henderson. So he's pretty good. 

46 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

The right coach can win at JT soon.  The talent is there. The numbers are higher than its been in a long time. And there are alot of good athletes who left the football program due to certain reasons.  I think a simple change in practice schedule could bring some kids back.  As far as Legacy goes....who knows. I think they have a qb, but not the talent of JT. But they have more potential over the next 10 yrs because the growth of Tyler favors their program.

by the way...Is the job open yet?  Haven't seen any movement on it. 

Job just posted today on THSCA

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, VonG said:

Legacy has a qb?

When you say JT has Talent. Are you including the trenches? Because I haven't seen it. Nor do they have a qb. Talent would have beat Marshall and Lee alone. Now the freshman team do have some good players. It won't help the varsity next year. To young and inexperienced. 

I disagree. Talent alone doesn't win games, especially against good coaches. Willis and Alvarez are state champion coaches.  Also, you keep saying JT doesn't have talent in the trenches...maybe its because the coaching there was subpar.  They have 2 guys on the Dline now that will likely play college ball. One already has a D-1 offer. There are several schools in the area (some currently playing) that don't have D-1 or even D-2 players on the line. But they are coached up.  And who's to say this year freshman can't help. Seen lots of soph contribute on varsity. 

Also, Wolf was only a soph. Not saying he is all world, but he has potential to be a solid high school qb for Legacy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Just Tyler High

Thanks my earlier question you replied to was in reference to Legacy.

I knew JT was open, as word got out weeks ago and the Tyler media reported last week. 

Im guessing Willis will be back next yr

Edited by JTFAN99

24 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Thanks my earlier question you replied to was in reference to Legacy.

I knew JT was open, as word got out weeks ago and the Tyler media reported last week. 

Im guessing Willis will be back next yr

As far as i know he will be back

Luke is a jr.

If JT would have went 6-4 this year. Then I would agree. Coaching let them down. They didn't. Terrible coaching and subpar talent is the reason they went 2-8. The only reason why JT went 6-5 last year is because the qb was above average. If not for him it would have been another 2 win season. It doesn't matter how you slice it. The talent at JT is down. A few kids with offers doesn't bode well for the whole roster.

I dont care that a coach won a state championship many moons ago. I didn't see a state caliber coaching job when you had 2 of the best runningbacks in the state last year. He had the same amount of wins as Traylor when it was all said and done.

Edited by VonG

8 hours ago, Slickarick said:

why do you say that? You Don't know that 100%. There is someone working for him that has a son and has been and AD/HFC before wonder if he would be interested. 

He would only be campus coordinator, not AD. And he would only have control over three sports on campus I believe.

2 hours ago, VonG said:

Luke is a jr.

If JT would have went 6-4 this year. Then I would agree. Coaching let them down. They didn't. Terrible coaching and subpar talent is the reason they went 2-8. The only reason why JT went 6-5 last year is because the qb was above average. If not for him it would have been another 2 win season. It doesn't matter how you slice it. The talent at JT is down. A few kids with offers doesn't bode well for the whole roster.

I dont care that a coach won a state championship many moons ago. I didn't see a state caliber coaching job when you had 2 of the best runningbacks in the state last year. He had the same amount of wins as Traylor when it was all said and done.

Coaching can make a big difference. Saw it when Thomas Brooks replaced Ratliff. So I guess we will see with the next coach. I think the talent is there to be better than what they were.  Not expecting state championships, but they should have been a playoff team.

Again, I don't think Forney, McKinney North, and etc are 30 to 40 points better than JT.  Watch JT subvarsity teams over the past few yrs blow out teams like North and Sherman and then a couple yrs later get beat at the varsity level.  I think the early morning practices don't help them and I think that has a big effect on things going on in the program. Also, in the past they had very experienced O-line coaches. The past few yrs that hasn't been the case.