Tyler ISD Open?

TrumpisDump

6 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

There are names being thrown on this forum, but not sure if they make sense.  No reason for Bryant coach to come here unless he has ties to this area. He is in a much better situation and pay is good.  Also, DFW or any large metro area coaches will probably not stay either. Again, I say we look east to Louisiana. Very good coaches there, and the pay would be 2 to 3 times the salary they currently make.  So that would be more incentive to stick around. Besides, it has worked out for a few schools in this area.

But the question is will TISD look in the direction?

If you can go to Louisiana and get a coach. What's the difference in getting one from Arkansas TX. I 👀  no difference. Both states border Tx. I'm doing neither. Like I said, if it was my decision. I'm staying in my backyard. I'm going to Longview and Carthage. If they say thanks but no thanks. I'm going to North Shore and asking the DC if he wants to come back home. If he says no then metroplex here I come. 

Geez, just wait it out. Just throwing out random names of coaches and weird hypotheticals does nothing for anyone. It’s actually kind of messy to just assume these people would leave their current situations. What even makes this job desirable outside of the salary? I believe it’ll be a lot harder to fill than people think. After all, look at what was done to a home grown, winning head coach. A lot of it was probably self inflicted, but still. Be careful what you wish for…..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LionHated said:

Geez, just wait it out. Just throwing out random names of coaches and weird hypotheticals does nothing for anyone. It’s actually kind of messy to just assume these people would leave their current situations. What even makes this job desirable outside of the salary? I believe it’ll be a lot harder to fill than people think. After all, look at what was done to a home grown, winning head coach. A lot of it was probably self inflicted, but still. Be careful what you wish for…..

Sir, that’s what this thread is for to speculate because obviously we don’t know what’s going to happen or who they are going to hire.

Edited by cujoforlife

Arkansas isn't near as competitive than Louisiana and dang sure Texas. Idk about the guy from Bryant. It would be an increase in pay but I don't see JT going to get a guy from Arkansas to come to Texas. My bet is still on someone from the city. Does anyone know how long they plan on being open? Maybe fill by January?

40 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Wow chapel hill coach rio is new jt head coach 

This better be true ...you know the plenty for spreading a rumor...... I'm waiting on a report from a media source to show up on here......feel free to post one when you get it ......

22 minutes ago, VonG said:

Someone posted that on Facebook and people ran with it. The person who posted it took it down already. 

Since the one who posted it here probably saw THAT, I won't do the suspension...... Check sources before posting please......

1 hour ago, TrumpisDump said:

Yeah idk why he would even leave. Heard this group is still young and talented. That would've been a stupid move on him if so. 

Pay would be quite an increase. I doubt CH can pay what Tyler ISD pays. I'm not saying it's happening, but I would not be shocked. Money talks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

33 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Pay would be quite an increase. I doubt CH can pay what Tyler ISD pays. I'm not saying it's happening, but I would not be shocked. Money talks.

would be a pay increase for him and his assistants and less teaching duties for most of assistants. Word is most would be taken with him

2 hours ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

There is a school board meeting for TISD scheduled for this evening. It will be interesting to see if they make an announcement. Whoever takes this position would want to start asap.

Two of my Tyler friends (both alumni) said this board meeting will be eventful. I have no idea if they are pulling my leg or not

13 minutes ago, oldman2580 said:

would be a pay increase for him and his assistants and less teaching duties for most of assistants. Word is most would be taken with him

Word is? Are we saying the Rio rumor has some steam, or are we saying it's truly a rumor? I personally think he would be insane to leave that CH team just as they're about ready to break through. If he does make the jump to JT, the next guy at CH would be setting pretty.