Tyler ISD Open?

TrumpisDump

That's why I was saying years ago you better be careful for what you wish for. There was no guarantee coaches would be lying up to come to Tyler, TX. East Texas outside of Tyler and Longview is not really growing. Everybody doesn't like slow pace. Even though Tyler pays good. It still doesn't mean that you are going to get some good coaches looking to make that move to Tyler or East Texas in general.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by VonG
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, VonG said:

That's why I saying years ago you better be careful for what you wish for. There was no guarantee coaches would be lying up to come to Tyler, TX. East Texas outside of Tyler and Longview is not really growing. Everybody doesn't like slow pace. Even though Tyler pays good. It still doesn't mean that you are going to get some good coaches looking to make that move to Tyler or East Texas in general.Ā 

I posted one time about the coach at Beckville. May be some small school head coaches that would take the job just to move up. Might be better off than hiring big school assistant who has never been a hc.

On 12/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, Wegotdawgs said:

Yeah IF this is true Iā€™m sure half of the Chapel Hill team will be moving to JT with him and Iā€™m sure they have addressā€™s of family members they can use. Also Iā€™m sure he told them if he is so they can go ahead and get ready to move to JT.

nah....CH and UIL would shut that down quick.

4 hours ago, Destry said:

I posted one time about the coach at Beckville. May be some small school head coaches that would take the job just to move up. Might be better off than hiring big school assistant who has never been a hc.

Robert E. Lee (now Legacy) tried that once before...

Ā 

...it didn't work out too well then either...

4 hours ago, Destry said:

Yeah, Henderson just tried that too...5-15 from a team the last to years under that guy from a "big time s[program" in DFW area...from a team who had not missed the playoffs in like forever (and had won a 'ship) under Castles...

Ā 

I was talking to somebody and this name came up donā€™t know who this guy is but the name Lester melontree anybody fimilar with him? Ā And the actual ch rumor was stated by a chapel hill poster who has a kid on the ch team a female I did my investigating ā€¦.

9 hours ago, tomlandry said:

I hate to see a program as accomplished as John Tyler struggle to find a suitable replacement. It would not have been many years ago that this job would have elicited the top coaching talent in the state.Ā 

Tyler isnā€™t in the top ten winningest programs in the state anymoreĀ 

• Like 1