Tyler ISD Open?

TrumpisDump

9 hours ago, tomlandry said:

Heard this as well at UIL yesterday 

Fans always want the big time names to come to their program. From the looks of it. Will be an OC or DC from some school trying to get his name out there. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing and end up like Legacy. Seeing a new coach every two to three years.

19 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

I was talking to somebody and this name came up don’t know who this guy is but the name Lester melontree anybody fimilar with him?  And the actual ch rumor was stated by a chapel hill poster who has a kid on the ch team a female I did my investigating ….

That is a referee in the Tyler Chapter.  He played college ball at the University of Pitt. 

On 12/15/2022 at 12:11 AM, 3rdcoastent said:

I was talking to somebody and this name came up don’t know who this guy is but the name Lester melontree anybody fimilar with him?  And the actual ch rumor was stated by a chapel hill poster who has a kid on the ch team a female I did my investigating ….

https://www.profootballarchives.com/playerm/melo00230.html

8 hours ago, VonG said:

Tisd should head to Carthage and make either the oc or dc the highest paid coach in the state. That's if they haven't already found their coach.

They have the pull to pay them 165 plus ? When Holmes was around 110.

It’s all moot at this point. The fan base got what it believes it wanted. I’m sure he’s moved on so, let’s not be toxic. It really doesn’t matter how we got here. All that matters now is finding the right person for the job. I don’t see this as being a quick fix situation. I also don’t believe poaching a talented OC or DC is going to solve TH problems. Most of Holmes offenses were prolific. TH had mostly game management and line of scrimmage issues. Their problems started when they made the decision to outscore teams instead of the willingness to win games 21-7. That and non of the scheme seemed complementary to any other part. I think the whole thing was just mismanaged more than anything else. Watching this weekend’s championship games just further magnifies my belief. Carthage IS EXTREMELY well coached. SOC just exploited matchups. The SOC approach would be the quicker fix in my opinion. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

What about one of the coordinators from Chapel Hill? They know how to get a program straight. 2-8 to back to back semi-finalists. CH has similar kids and challenges as Tyler High. Might be smart to look that way.

CH and Tyler High aren't as similar as you think. Tyler high is twice the size and the demographics are different

Honestly...Tyler High is really the only school in East Texas that comes close to resembling the characteristics of an inner city school. 

Edited by JTFAN99

13 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

CH and Tyler High aren't as similar as you think. Tyler high is twice the size and the demographics are different

Honestly...Tyler High is really the only school in East Texas that comes close to resembling the characteristics of an inner city school. 

You’re right, it is twice the size. However both schools demographics aren’t as different as you might think. In the TEA AEIS report, both schools report for each campus to have a majority Hispanic population, followed by African American. 

Edited by Clear Eyes Full Heart

2 minutes ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

You’re right, it is twice the size. However both schools demographics aren’t as different as you might think. In the TEA AEIS report, both schools report for each campus to have a majority Hispanic population, followed by African American. 

In addition, both campus’ are 77% economically disadvantaged. A lot of the same.

1 hour ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

go back and double check.  The demographics are very different. 

JT is 60& Hispanic..35% Black....less than 3% White

CH is 45% Hispanic... 30% White... 20% Black...

Chapel hill has a much more diverse population than JT. Also, Its more than just demographics. Its also about school environment, booster support, fan support, etc.  Go look in the stands at a JT game and go look in the stands at a Chapel Hill game.  Go look at the booser support for each school. You will see clear differences. 

JT is much closer to Dallas Carter than Chapel Hill

Edited by JTFAN99

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

go back and double check.  The demographics are very different. 

JT is 60& Hispanic..35% Black....less than 3% White

CH is 45% Hispanic... 30% White... 20% Black...

Chapel hill has a much more diverse population than JT. Also, Its more than just demographics. Its also about school environment, booster support, fan support, etc.  Go look in the stands at a JT game and go look in the stands at a Chapel Hill game.  Go look at the booser support for each school. You will see clear differences. 

JT is much closer to Dallas Carter than Chapel Hill

You’re right-I got the white demographics wrong, but they are over 50% Hispanic.

Look in the stands when CH was losing and compare. No one showed up when CH was 2-8. Then look when CH is winning and when Tyler High use to win-a lot to compare here. 
Here is the last report on CH for last year. 

Regardless, those CH coaches have something Tyler High needs-the way and a record of winning. When Tyler High has to REPOST the job, people aren’t lining up to take it. 
That’s all I’m saying man. I doubt SOC coordinators are coming to Tyler High. 

8F0FFD91-0B8A-4519-8609-B690B43BF317.jpeg

7 hours ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

You’re right-I got the white demographics wrong, but they are over 50% Hispanic.

Look in the stands when CH was losing and compare. No one showed up when CH was 2-8. Then look when CH is winning and when Tyler High use to win-a lot to compare here. 

Here is the last report on CH for last year. 

Regardless, those CH coaches have something Tyler High needs-the way and a record of winning. When Tyler High has to REPOST the job, people aren’t lining up to take it. 
That’s all I’m saying man. I doubt SOC coordinators are coming to Tyler High. 

8F0FFD91-0B8A-4519-8609-B690B43BF317.jpeg

I wasn't talking about ust the amount of people in the stands, but the demographics of those in the stands. 

Tyler is not a bad job. In my opinion, you just have a abundance of jobs in the state compared to years past. You don't have to go to a historical good school anymore. You can make a new school be great. Just look at all the new schools that are having success.