Tyler ISD Open?

TrumpisDump

On 12/17/2022 at 9:28 AM, JTFAN99 said:

CH and Tyler High aren't as similar as you think. Tyler high is twice the size and the demographics are different

Honestly...Tyler High is really the only school in East Texas that comes close to resembling the characteristics of an inner city school. 

Disagree with last point

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VonG said:

Most schools in East TX resembles inner city schools if you are going by demographics. Whitehouse, Hallsville, Bullard, Lindale, and all the private schools around Tyler are the exception. 

That's just not true at all.  The stats back me up. And besides its more than just demographics. 

33 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

That's just not true at all.  The stats back me up. And besides its more than just demographics. 

What exactly are the criterion to qualify as a school that "resembles an inner-city school"? What are you going by since you are not looking at "demographics"? What "stats (non-demographic) back you up"?

Edited by 89Falcon

25 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

What exactly are the criterion to qualify as a school that "resembles an inner-city school"? What are you going by since you are not looking at "demographics"? What "stats (non-demographic) back you up"?

when did I say I wasn't looking at demographics?

15 minutes ago, VonG said:

What other things are you using besides demographics?

Let me clarify. I'm not saying JT is the same as like a Dallas Lincoln. What i'm saying is that JT resembles a school like Dallas Lincoln more than any other school in east Texas. Demographically, socially, economically, community support, etc.

IF you just look at demographics alone, you will see JT stands out from any other school in east Texas.  Also, I completely disagree with Tyler being like a suburb. Tyler is a mid size city like a Waco, Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, etc.

Is Frisco, McKinney, Grand Prairie, and etc not small cities that are also suburbs of a larger city. Those cities you named including Tyler are not mid size cities they are small cities. I consider cities like Arlington, New Orleans, and etc. mid size cities. In my opinion a mid size cities needs to at least have 250,000 people in their city limits up to 500,000 people.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

IF you just look at demographics alone, you will see JT stands out from any other school in east Texas.  Also, I completely disagree with Tyler being like a suburb. Tyler is a mid size city like a Waco, Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, etc.

Totally agree with both points. This is true and it’s been true for possibly the past 25 years or more. I’ve always seen JT as more Dallas Carter, Skyline than say ummm…Im not even sure. I totally get what he’s saying though. It’s just kind of difficult to admit, when the other hs 10 minutes away actually has resembled a suburban school for so long. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VonG said:

Is Frisco, McKinney, Grand Prairie, and etc not small cities that are also suburbs of a larger city. Those cities you named including Tyler are not mid size cities they are small cities. I consider cities like Arlington, New Orleans, and etc. mid size cities. In my opinion a mid size cities needs to at least have 250,000 people in their city limits up to 500,000 people.

Possibly so, but that does nothing to take away from the point he was originally trying to make. 

• Like 1

Who said it did. My last response was a reply to him saying Tyler was a mid size city and I said it wasn't. Tyler is closer to a suburb than it is a large city. He is looking at the fact that Tyler is the largest city around these parts that is surrounded by smaller cities and towns. But it is definitely not a large city or mid size city.

2 hours ago, VonG said:

ok, fine, Tyler is a small city. But it's def not a suburb. A suburb is essentially an area of just homes (mostly within the same economic class) and entertainment (restaurants, shopping, etc) and its connected economically to the city its near.  Frisco, McKinney, Grand Prairie, they are tied to Dallas.  Tyler is its own entity. Has its own central business district , its own industry, its own tv media. Its not tied to any city. Honestly, how can Tyler be a like suburb, when it has its own suburbs...Whitehouse, Gresham, Lindale, Chapel Hill. 

• Like 2