UPDATE: White Oak hires Michael Ludlow (Robinson)

Racer55

Unofficial right now, but heard White Oak HC Kris Iske Resigned. Board to start interviewing soon. 

Someone complied this from his time here running the program.

White Oak Regular season 

2014 7-3 (2nd in district)
2015 8-2 (2nd in district)
2016 9-1 (2nd in district)
2017 7-3 (district champs)
2018 4-6 (5th in district 
2019 0-10 (7th (last) in district)
2020 5-3 (3rd in district)
2021 5-5 (5th in district)
2022 3-7 (last in district)

Total regular season games: 88
Total Wins:  48
Total Loses:  40

PLAYOFFS

2014 ( Round 1 L against Redwater)
2015 (Round 3 L against Sunnyvale)
2016 (Round 2 L against Pottsboro)
2017  (Round 1 L against Commerce)
2018 MISSED PLAYOFFS 
2019 MISSED PLAYOFFS 
2020 (Round 1 L against Pottsboro)
2021 MISSED PLAYOFFS 
2022 MISSED PLAYOFFS 

4 seasons missed playoffs 
3 round 1 loses
1 2nd round appearance
1 3rd round appearance

Total games: 8
Total Playoff Wins: 3
Total Playoff Loses: 5

Playoff winning percentage %37.5

1 playoff win since 2016

Edited by Racer55

• Racer55 changed the title to White Oak coach resigns “unofficial”
8 minutes ago, rocksoldier1 said:

First 4 years look good.  What happened the last 5?

Probably a lot of contributing factors. A big one in my opinion would be a lack of in game adjustments. First four years we did have a lot of talent and some would say we aren’t good now because the talent has dipped low. We did have some move ins from that 2016-17 group. They moved here as freshmen or around that time when we went to the semis in 13. Some would say what Stanford did here building off of what Blankenship had done, set iske up for his successful first years as HC. I’d say there’s no talent development in any underclassmen and the better talent typically plays baseball or transfers now. 

Edited by Racer55

1 hour ago, Racer55 said:

Probably a lot of contributing factors. A big one in my opinion would be a lack of in game adjustments. First four years we did have a lot of talent and some would say we aren’t good now because the talent has dipped low. We did have some move ins from that 2016-17 group. They moved here as freshmen or around that time when we went to the semis in 13. Some would say what Stanford did here building off of what Blankenship had done, set iske up for his successful first years as HC. I’d say there’s no talent development in any underclassmen and the better talent typically plays baseball or transfers now. 

Y’all have no talent. 

I’m going to need to see a link to verify this vacancy before I leave this thread open. Until then, don’t post unless you have said link. Also, I’m hiding some posts that attempt to out a member. That is strictly forbidden. Keep the discussion to the topic of potential candidates and leave the comments about the current coach to the old men at the coffee shop. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Thanks for allowing it to stay. Sometimes the school administration may not release anything and go about it all quiet. Sometimes a news source may not reach out for a comment or it would take a couple weeks. This may be donut shop talk, but it ultimately came from the school and when talked about it amongst others it was already out in the public. 

This thread shows a major problem in the coaching world and the communities around it. If this is true and has been "leaked" before official it means someone trusted to conduct business behind closed doors can't keep their mouth shut. Most likely a school board member that likes everyone to know how much they know and how much power they have. I have seen these "leaks" happen before the head coach even knows. Nothing like getting a call about your job being open from someone who's already heard down the grapevine. 

Imagine waiting for your meeting with the superintendent to find out if you have to uproot your family, and you find out from a guy who read a smoaky thread. 

3 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Thanks for allowing it to stay. Sometimes the school administration may not release anything and go about it all quiet. Sometimes a news source may not reach out for a comment or it would take a couple weeks. This may be donut shop talk, but it ultimately came from the school and when talked about it amongst others it was already out in the public. 

In your opinion, what is the general feel of the community?  Open it up or hire from within?

Edited by Sportsjunkiee

Just now, Sportsjunkiee said:

In you opinion, what is the general feel of the community?  Open it up or hire from within?

Ppl involved with the school or schools ie  teachers, coaches, administrators all naturally want to hire within. We want someone outside. We would like them to do what they did with Stanford and have a hiring committee and seek interviews and all. 

• Racer55 changed the title to White Oak coach retires