UPDATE: White Oak hires Michael Ludlow (Robinson)

Racer55

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

They would probably be best to hire from within. No need to change anything. 

Lol all y’all are hating. Would be nice to see more schools be competitive in this area. Do something like what Grandview did when they hired Frenships 6a coach Brad Davis which is now the OC at shallowater. 

6 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

This thread shows a major problem in the coaching world and the communities around it. If this is true and has been "leaked" before official it means someone trusted to conduct business behind closed doors can't keep their mouth shut. Most likely a school board member that likes everyone to know how much they know and how much power they have. I have seen these "leaks" happen before the head coach even knows. Nothing like getting a call about your job being open from someone who's already heard down the grapevine. 

Imagine waiting for your meeting with the superintendent to find out if you have to uproot your family, and you find out from a guy who read a smoaky thread. 

amen

2 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Ppl involved with the school or schools ie  teachers, coaches, administrators all naturally want to hire within. We want someone outside. We would like them to do what they did with Stanford and have a hiring committee and seek interviews and all. 

Any idea what the school board wants to do?  I know you said earlier you think they normally rubber stamp what the supt wants to do.  Does the community just want to bring in a fresh start or do they not believe anyone on staff is qualified?

4 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Lol all y’all are hating. Would be nice to see more schools be competitive in this area. Do something like what Grandview did when they hired Frenships 6a coach Brad Davis which is now the OC at shallowater. 

Coach from a 6A school gonna go to a school that has grass? 

• LOL! 1

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Coach from a 6A school gonna go to a school that has grass? 

Perhaps one that has 30 district championships is a better way of looking at it. White Oak isn’t a bad school for a coach to coach at because it has grass. Weird things have happened and will still happen. What about Mt Vernon and Art Briles? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Any idea what the school board wants to do?  I know you said earlier you think they normally rubber stamp what the supt wants to do.  Does the community just want to bring in a fresh start or do they not believe anyone on staff is qualified?

I believe the administration is split with what it wants to do. I know the community wants a fresh start with someone outside. I personally would like them to increase the HC/AD salary and hire a proven program changing coach from the outside. Perhaps reach out to Stanford and see what it would take to come back to WO. A lot of folks were upset with our administration then when they didn’t give him a raise to stay. He took us to the Semis and nearly the SC. A first in 40 years and he sought a raise from the supt. He was turned down. Some community members are still friends with him and would love to see him return. He finds and recruits good coaches. I think that would be a good start to see what it would take for him to come back. If not him then see if Hal Wasson would be interested if we increased the salary. If that didn’t work then see if Todd Dodge would head up a hiring committee and take a look at the program and give his recommendations to the board. I as well as a lot of old school folks want to see WO have the success we once had back when and the success we had in 2013. 

Edited by Racer55

3 minutes ago, DKBear123 said:

My cousin lives there. His direct quote about the situation, “we have a bunch a daddy’s that passed down years and years of bad genetics to their kids that now want to blame the coach for their kids being slow snd weak.”

Perhaps your cousin is part of the problem. “Bad genetics” lol. Hard work and training cancels that out. 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Perhaps one that has 30 district championships is a better way of looking at it. White Oak isn’t a bad school for a coach to coach at because it has grass. Weird things have happened and will still happen. What about Mt Vernon and Art Briles? 

Outsiders will want their own people. 

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Outsiders will want their own people. 

I say good. I would like to see Burks stay and coach track and the new hire Cook stay as well. Cook was as all state FS in 16 for us and grew up in Malakoffs system until his jr. year. His dad was a coach over there for them and a 90’s WO graduate under Griffin. 

4 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

I say good. I would like to see Burks stay and coach track and the new hire Cook stay as well. Cook was as all state FS in 16 for us and grew up in Malakoffs system until his jr. year. His dad was a coach over there for them and a 90’s WO graduate under Griffin. 

Thanks for the history lesson. I’ve been missing them. All we need now is E8 to give us his ht/wt as a 4th grader. 

• LOL! 3

18 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Bad genetics lol that may be @DKBear123 but how is that the only problem when you’re not allowed to tackle in practice? How can a coach expect kids to win a football game when they’re not allowed to tackle in practice? That has been verified as true in fact. 

theres a lot of very successful school this day and age that go helmet and shorts almost all year................................................. its not 1988 no more......... i had to adjust to that too my last few years around.................. I dont think gunter even goes live all year anymore......................

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DKBear123 said:

My cousin lives there. His direct quote about the situation, “we have a bunch a daddy’s that passed down years and years of bad genetics to their kids that now want to blame the coach for their kids being slow snd weak.”

lol… I’ve thought this about several schools

3 hours ago, Ijustwatch said:

Does Whiteoak have kids walking the halls. Not playing football? 

Yes, and any WO coach will also have to walk the halls and get the kids to participate. Certain people around town saw this early on back in 2017. THE COACH HAS TO WALK THE HALLS HERE! WO is full of white collar families that don’t see football as a way of life. They would rather be a salesman, heatlthcare worker, or real estate worker. WO has a lot of different and good extracurricular activities so kids have other avenues here. The football coach here needs to be fun, energetic, and outgoing so the kids will want to play for him. Stanford was this guy. Also the coach will need to be heavily involved in the little leagues all the way up, not just the upper classes. IMHO Iske seems quiet and a bit like a guy just looking for a paycheck. I think he kept a house in Stephenville on the back burner for unknown reasons. I don’t think he was fully committed here for the last few years at least. 

• Like 1

• Racer55 changed the title to White Oak coach retires/resigns “unofficial”
  • Racer55 changed the title to White Oak coach retires