UPDATE: White Oak hires Michael Ludlow (Robinson)

Racer55

1 hour ago, Houston veer said:

If you don’t have an exceptional QB and WRs with size, you need to adapt. Iske had no QB who had ever taken a varsity snap this year before Grant transferred to WO. 
WO kids play hard, but they’re not blessed with size. Slot T or variant would make more sense than having a QB who can’t throw or 5’7” receivers. 

I agree with that

2 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

Would the town and kids buy into his style? Lot of towns would rather not make the playoffs than be slot-t. I'm thinking Hughes Springs was one of them. 

They use to be a slot t team. However, thats been 10 years or so. A lot can change in 10 years. 

2 hours ago, Houston veer said:

If you don’t have an exceptional QB and WRs with size, you need to adapt. Iske had no QB who had ever taken a varsity snap this year before Grant transferred to WO. 
WO kids play hard, but they’re not blessed with size. Slot T or variant would make more sense than having a QB who can’t throw or 5’7” receivers. 

Maybe they should run the Houston veer??????????????

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I did hear that the supt retired also.  Does than mean @Buckeyehorns and @Racer55 are running things at WO since they don't currently have a head football coach or supt?

Wait...   what? Is this confirmed? Like, board approved? Or just being talked about at the Circle W Cafe? 

Didn't he just get there a couple years ago? 

3 hours ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

Yes.  Thought White Oak was greener pastures.  Little did he know.

Whoa... got a link or anything? Reckon this is newsworthy, at least around the greater Gregg County metropolitan area. 

EDIT: I found it...  https://www.facebook.com/WONECKS/posts/pfbid0j5P481piGKsqDLgkXg35Gqn17LoPW8CkWRk2MV5Yub6TPjxA1spKRR6avj8wjWAwl

25 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

Like what? The "chunk and drop"?... that's one of my favorites.

That’s a good one , the “puke and choke” ranks up there also. “My baby needs at least 10 passes thrown AT him” is a parents favorite!😂

• LOL! 1

52 minutes ago, Houston veer said:

Gray retired at Christmas. He has a consulting company now. A big loss for white oak. He was at WO a short time, but he had a great attitude about keeping kids safe and building the brand. He will be missed. 

By all accounts he was a pro, and a heckuva guy. Respected by his peers. But that looks like a great gig, and I totally understand. 

32 minutes ago, Buckeyehorns said:

It's a done deal. Interim superintendent gets paid $800 a day and Gray the superintendent who retired is still hired on threw the school as a consultant for the head coach search 

Got it, thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

On 11/18/2022 at 6:36 PM, Houston veer said:

Exactly what White Oak doesn’t need. And giving the HC position to Adams is a mistake. He didn’t win in Hallsville and didn’t add to the equation this year. There needs to be a culture change, with someone who is young and wants to develop a program. We’ve had enough old men who think about football from the start of 2 a days until the last snap. That’s what got us last place. White Oak has talent-they just wouldn’t play for Iske and company. 

3 hours ago, Buckeyehorns said:

It's a done deal. Interim superintendent gets paid $800 a day and Gray the superintendent who retired is still hired on threw the school as a consultant for the head coach search 

advantage Adams

On 1/9/2023 at 12:50 PM, Mr. P said:

Whoa... got a link or anything? Reckon this is newsworthy, at least around the greater Gregg County metropolitan area. 

EDIT: I found it...  https://www.facebook.com/WONECKS/posts/pfbid0j5P481piGKsqDLgkXg35Gqn17LoPW8CkWRk2MV5Yub6TPjxA1spKRR6avj8wjWAwl

Did they do a survey to see what the community wants in the HFC? 

37 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Did they do a survey to see what the community wants in the HFC? 

To me , that is a funnyyyyyyyyy statement. They want someone who will win, win their way, make sure little Johnny gets 15 passes thrown his way and make sure you don’t discipline the wrong child. There, that ought to cover it.😁😁

6 minutes ago, Destry said:

To me , that is a funnyyyyyyyyy statement. They want someone who will win, win their way, make sure little Johnny gets 15 passes thrown his way and make sure you don’t discipline the wrong child. There, that ought to cover it.😁😁

Better not hire Sharp then. 

8 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Nothing. If they don’t want a coach that’s going to enforce some discipline then they don’t need to hire Sharp. 

Interesting.  I heard he really loves and motivates kids, but does hold them accountable.  i thought they did a lot of good things over there at Sabine.