White Oak coach retires

Racer55

Just dropping in to 🥄 the 🍵.

I saw where the listing said Possible AD/Assistant AD." They gonna make the Volleyball coach the AD and try to hire a football coach to be the Assistant AD lol. Could you imagine that applicant list? 

Burt Jackson - Current 2nd grade PE coach at Leverett's Chapel

Dan "The Man" LaFouche - Current JV Tennis coach at Homa High school(Louisiana)

Sister Betty Lou Sipes - Current 8th grade Badminton coach at Hope Christian Academy

Derek Jones - Currently resides in Easton, Tx

Rick "Sticky Ricky" Rhoades - Currently retired, Overall record of 6-93-1 in the state of Deleware. 

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Just dropping in to 🥄 the 🍵.

I saw where the listing said Possible AD/Assistant AD." They gonna make the Volleyball coach the AD and try to hire a football coach to be the Assistant AD lol. Could you imagine that applicant list? 

Burt Jackson - Current 2nd grade PE coach at Leverett's Chapel

Dan "The Man" LaFouche - Current JV Tennis coach at Homa High school(Louisiana)

Sister Betty Lou Sipes - Current 8th grade Badminton coach at Hope Christian Academy

Derek Jones - Currently resides in Easton, Tx

Rick "Sticky Ricky" Rhoades - Currently retired, Overall record of 6-93-1 in the state of Deleware. 

Umm sir,sister Betty has a mean backhand tho..js 

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Umm sir,sister Betty has a mean backhand tho..js 

And Ole Sticky Ricky is the mastermind that created the Broken Wing(Fat Hawk) offense. It was the 4th offense Gladewater tried this year if you can remember back to week 5 or 6. 

3 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

And Ole Sticky Ricky is the mastermind that created the Broken Wing(Fat Hawk) offense. It was the 4th offense Gladewater tried this year if you can remember back to week 5 or 6. 

And word is, Derek Jones worked up some great pass plays while bass fishing on Lake Cherokee. Tru storie!

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

And word is, Derek Jones worked up some great pass plays while bass fishing on Lake Cherokee. Tru storie!

I seent it......its a private Lake but I know somebody and he knows somebody and we was both fishin with them somebodies in their boats.....in different boats that is.....fishin at the same hole, though, ya see? He was sittin in the back of the boat scribbling and giggling while i's in the front of the other boat ripping some white perch out the water. Tru storie. I swear on my aunt Becky's sister's cousin's boyfriend's baby momma, it's the truth. Wait....it may have been cousin's sister's instead of sister's cousin's but that don't make no nevermind......it's true. 

54 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Would the town and kids buy into his style? Lot of towns would rather not make the playoffs than be slot-t. I'm thinking Hughes Springs was one of them. 

If you don’t have an exceptional QB and WRs with size, you need to adapt. Iske had no QB who had ever taken a varsity snap this year before Grant transferred to WO. 
WO kids play hard, but they’re not blessed with size. Slot T or variant would make more sense than having a QB who can’t throw or 5’7” receivers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Houston veer said:

If you don’t have an exceptional QB and WRs with size, you need to adapt. Iske had no QB who had ever taken a varsity snap this year before Grant transferred to WO. 
WO kids play hard, but they’re not blessed with size. Slot T or variant would make more sense than having a QB who can’t throw or 5’7” receivers. 

I agree with that

2 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

Would the town and kids buy into his style? Lot of towns would rather not make the playoffs than be slot-t. I'm thinking Hughes Springs was one of them. 

They use to be a slot t team. However, thats been 10 years or so. A lot can change in 10 years. 

2 hours ago, Houston veer said:

Maybe they should run the Houston veer??????????????

On 11/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, Houston veer said:

Iske wasn't a good coach so he couldn't adapt. We are glad he can't destroy wo anymore then he's already done. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I did hear that the supt retired also.  Does than mean @Buckeyehorns and @Racer55 are running things at WO since they don't currently have a head football coach or supt?

Wait...   what? Is this confirmed? Like, board approved? Or just being talked about at the Circle W Cafe? 

Didn't he just get there a couple years ago? 

3 hours ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

Yes.  Thought White Oak was greener pastures.  Little did he know.

Whoa... got a link or anything? Reckon this is newsworthy, at least around the greater Gregg County metropolitan area. 

EDIT: I found it...  https://www.facebook.com/WONECKS/posts/pfbid0j5P481piGKsqDLgkXg35Gqn17LoPW8CkWRk2MV5Yub6TPjxA1spKRR6avj8wjWAwl

25 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

Like what? The "chunk and drop"?... that's one of my favorites.

That’s a good one , the “puke and choke” ranks up there also. “My baby needs at least 10 passes thrown AT him” is a parents favorite!😂

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

Yes.  Thought White Oak was greener pastures.  Little did he know.

Gray retired at Christmas. He has a consulting company now. A big loss for white oak. He was at WO a short time, but he had a great attitude about keeping kids safe and building the brand. He will be missed. 
There are rumblings that a current coach member will be the new HC. That will not go over well with the faithful.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Houston veer said:

Gray retired at Christmas. He has a consulting company now. A big loss for white oak. He was at WO a short time, but he had a great attitude about keeping kids safe and building the brand. He will be missed. 

By all accounts he was a pro, and a heckuva guy. Respected by his peers. But that looks like a great gig, and I totally understand.