Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs Lumberton  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Regional Semi-Final Champion

• Chapel Hill
    • Lumberton

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, Raidergirl10 said:

I said 2011 because I lived in the school district then and worked at chicken express with people who graduated from there and they were pretty bad lol. 

I would also establish a status quo for an entire district based off of a couple of graduates working at a fast food, fried chicken establishment.  

Edited by Stankylegg

44 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Didn't Lumberton beat Tatum by like 7? Lol gonn be long night for the Raiders. Congrats on great season, and go get em in 🏀🏀🏀

It was by 6. 48-42. Recovered an onside kick right at the end as well. Another 2 minutes and ya never know lol. We were gassed, man. They didn't play a single kid both ways....we had 5 that never came off the field. We couldn't stop their offense, though. The RB is a bull and their QB is really solid and they have several solid receivers. They are huge. 6'4 230, 6'5 260, 6'5 240 up front on D. 6'4 230 lb LBs. OL is massive. They won't be a pushover. A stud private School scored 42 on them, we scored 42 on them, everybody else scored basically just 1 TD against them other than Vidor who scored 20. Our game against them was basically them having absolute hell trying to defend our triple option smashmouth attack. The middle was not open on most occasions because of their size and strength up front.....we absolutely destroyed them going outside. One of our pitchmen averaged 20 yards a carry on them....the other one like 15 yards a carry. They have faired much better against spread teams as opposed to smashmouth run styles. 

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Raidergirl10 said:

A lot of factors went into that game. 

How many starters yall return next year? Our whole backfield returns next year. Every....dang....one of em. QB, FB, both pitchmen and the 6'5 WR. Most of the defense comes back and will be a year older, faster, stronger. Sure would hate for big ole Lumberton, close to 5A numbers, to slip up and get beat by a little ole 3A squad such as Tatum. 😏 lol. Congrats on the solid run this year by the way. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

@Eagle8I meant that as NO DISRESPECT to you, EB and other Tatum faithful. One was pointing out previous years records so had to throw that in there as far as lower classification game.

You didn't hurt my feelings one bit lol. No way should a top ranked 4A D1 school as large as them let a team as small as us in a complete rebuild stage have that kinda production against them. 

Edited by Eagle8
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, dme1111 said:

I never said PAM would win.  I said Longview is heavily favored but I still support PAM.  As far as CH goes, I just don't see CH  in the same category as Longview.  Longview is legit.  CH. not so much.  They might win but it will not be a blowout IMO.  Still pick Lumberton by 10

There will be a table for one Saturday morning. All you can eat crow will be served! Bring ya roll of paper towels!!!

Happy Thanksgiving you Jive Turkeys!!!

Thank You for your entertainment before game time. It does help speed up a long week. 

Congratulations to Lumberton on a great season but Friday night their wheels fall off. Chapel Hill defense has too much speed and will be in the QB’s face all night. The Dogs explosive offense keeps crushing, nothing changes. Too much talent for Lumberton and speed kills!!!

Dogs 45

Raiders 31

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Chapel Hill should run for days if they like to run outside. Running up the middle may not be so easy. They really are big up front and very talented. Think they got 2 D1 kids in the front 7. 

The boys have got a lot better protecting the outside, just ask Morris from LCM. 

33 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

How many starters yall return next year? Our whole backfield returns next year. Every....dang....one of em. QB, FB, both pitchmen and the 6'5 WR. Most of the defense comes back and will be a year older, faster, stronger. Sure would hate for big ole Lumberton, close to 5A numbers, to slip up and get beat by a little ole 3A squad such as Tatum. 😏 lol. Congrats on the solid run this year by the way. 

We return a lot of players. Especially our QB, RB and our player on D who has all the offers. 

43 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

It was by 6. 48-42. Recovered an onside kick right at the end as well. Another 2 minutes and ya never know lol. We were gassed, man. They didn't play a single kid both ways....we had 5 that never came off the field. We couldn't stop their offense, though. The RB is a bull and their QB is really solid and they have several solid receivers. They are huge. 6'4 230, 6'5 260, 6'5 240 up front on D. 6'4 230 lb LBs. OL is massive. They won't be a pushover. A stud private School scored 42 on them, we scored 42 on them, everybody else scored basically just 1 TD against them other than Vidor who scored 20. Our game against them was basically them having absolute hell trying to defend our triple option smashmouth attack. The middle was not open on most occasions because of their size and strength up front.....we absolutely destroyed them going outside. One of our pitchmen averaged 20 yards a carry on them....the other one like 15 yards a carry. They have faired much better against spread teams as opposed to smashmouth run styles. 

We also played a lot of backups especially the 2nd half with the temps on the field. Y’all scored at least the last two tds on our backups 

11 minutes ago, Raidergirl10 said:

We also played a lot of backups especially the 2nd half with the temps on the field. Y’all scored at least the last two tds on our backups 

I watched that game....yall's back ups wore the same numbers as the starters? Lol

• LOL! 2

10 minutes ago, Raidergirl10 said:

I just love how people use one game to say things about Lumberton. I mean heck lcm and Livingston both scored their only points late in the 4th on our backups. Stafford got lucky with a snap going straight through our punters hands to set up their only score. 

But held you to 2 TD and 3 field goals 

13 minutes ago, Jknight03 said:

But only one returner at LG on the o-line 

But also our Jv was undefeated district champs and the juniors and sophomores are the ones that won superbowls growing up so I don’t see us having a problem next season. These boys coming up and the underclassmen on varsity are definitely going to keep the L-Train going next season. 

Edited by Raidergirl10
  • Roll Eyes 1

1 minute ago, Raidergirl10 said:

They were subbing in and out because of the temps. 

You don't think the temps were killing us with no depth? lol. I just watched the last drive.....that indeed was not yalls "back ups" lol. It was 27-20 at the half....the heat got to us due to depth and yall created a gap but the boys scrapped their way back into it and that was pretty much all starters late....maybe 1 or 2 subs cuz your 1st string was sucking wind. 

5 minutes ago, Raidergirl10 said:

I’m really shocked neither team had any heat illness with it being 130+ on the field all game. 

Yeah....and we don't have the depth yall had. Fite, Watson, and about 3 more never hardly came off the field. 

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

You don't think the temps were killing us with no depth? lol. I just watched the last drive.....that indeed was not yalls "back ups" lol. It was 27-20 at the half....the heat got to us due to depth and yall created a gap but the boys scrapped their way back into it and that was pretty much all starters late....maybe 1 or 2 subs cuz your 1st string was sucking wind. 

Not going to lie when we got in the car in the ac I told my friends I have no idea how either team did it because I was about to die in the stands. Especially y’all not having as many players.