Jump to content

Chapel Hill vs Lumberton


Stankylegg
 Share

Chapel Hill vs Lumberton  

59 members have voted

  1. 1. Regional Semi-Final Champion

    • Chapel Hill
      47
    • Lumberton
      12

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

Does the Rb for lumberton have break away speed? I’m sure he’s a great blocker. But I’m just curious if he’s a threat running the ball seeing that he can’t outrun our biggest d lineman 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Raidergirl10 said:

But also our Jv was undefeated district champs and the juniors and sophomores are the ones that won all the superbowls growing up so I don’t see us having a problem next season 

That mean nothing. Good freshman and sophomores are starting on varsity 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Raidergirl10 said:

But also our Jv was undefeated district champs and the juniors and sophomores are the ones that won all the superbowls growing up so I don’t see us having a problem next season 

You just said won all the superbowls growing up. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JugLine said:

Does the Rb for lumberton have break away speed? I’m sure he’s a great blocker. But I’m just curious if he’s a threat running the ball seeing that he can’t outrun our biggest d lineman 

 

Breakaway speed? No. He did break one for about 60 on us....but 20 yards of it was our little DBs trying to get him to the ground lol. He's deceptively quick and shifty for his size. He's a much better RB than what you think but he's not gonna roll out big run after big run against yalls speed but he's gonna be a power type runner scrapping out 5 to 8 yard runs. 

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Breakaway speed? No. He did break one for about 60 on us....but 20 yards of it was pur little DBs trying to get him to the ground. He's deceptively quick and shifty for his size. He's a much better RB than what you think but he's not gonna roll out big run after big run against yalls speed but he's gonna be a power type runner scrapping out 5 to 8 yard runs. 

So what’s your thoughts on this game eagle8?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JugLine said:

You just said won all the superbowls growing up. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

Lol.....our 6th graders just got their 4th superbowl ring this past weekend.....in 4 years we going to da ship, we going to da ship. 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol.....our 6th graders just got their 4th superbowl ring this past weekend.....in 4 years we going to da ship, we going to da ship. 

Our 6th graders just got their Super Bowl ring this past weekend also. And I never said anything about winning state because of all this, I said we’d be fine going forward after this year.

Edited by Raidergirl10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JugLine said:

So what’s your thoughts on this game eagle8?

I think ultimately it's a CH win but Lumberton's offense and the pace they run it is pretty salty. They have speed at WR and in the secondary and have a ton of size at OL and in their front 7 on D. They got some height at WR as well. As I stated before, i think they match up with spread teams better than smashmouth style offenses like the Flex/Slot/Wing offenses. With all that being said.....I'm thinking shoot out. Something along the lines of.....

CH 56 Lumberton 41 or so

CH's defense hasn't been all that disciplined this year....Lumberton is gonna have some success I think, they run their offense quite well.....just won't be enough. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Raidergirl10 said:

But also our Jv was undefeated district champs and the juniors and sophomores are the ones that won superbowls growing up so I don’t see us having a problem next season. These boys coming up and the underclassmen on varsity are definitely going to keep the L-Train going next season. 

I'm not sure if yall know what L-train means to the rest of the world 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jknight03 said:

Ahh funny you should say that ...the me remind you we are in the DISTRICT OF DOOM and you might want to look at those playoff brackets.   Chapel hill, Lindale, Kilgore, Henderson, Palestine, Athens, Jacksonville ....teams that left over the UiL re-districting Mabank, *Carthage, Van, Center, Bullard 

Soo what I'm saying is Strength of schedule 

if your team is "elite" you play tough schedules yearly like Carthage,Newton, Austin Westlake so on and so forth.   20 games overall under. 500 in any decade isn't gonna EVER happen at elite schools like the ones I lmentioned above. 

You can for sure bet your house, car, wife, kids, and even the dog that those said schools won't have only 3 seasons above .500

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

Defining the program historically, under this HC, this year specifically,  against 4AD1, and against all TXHSFB are all very different conversations.   Last year and this year in 4AD1, CH is absolutely Elite.

nope. if they were/are they would be going for back to back titles.

anywho.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I expect C H to get ahead by at least 14 by the middle of the 3rd quarter…….but if somehow it stays close, C H will have a lot of trouble tackling the big RB after everyone is getting a little tired in the 2nd half.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

if your team is "elite" you play tough schedules yearly like Carthage,Newton, Austin Westlake so on and so forth.   20 games overall under. 500 in any decade isn't gonna EVER happen at elite schools like the ones I lmentioned above. 

You can for sure bet your house, car, wife, kids, and even the dog that those said schools won't have only 3 seasons above .500

Expand  

2012 (0-10) Bobby Reyes

 

2013 (7-4) Bobby Reyes

 

2014 (7-4) 434-455 Bobby Reyes

 

2015 (4-6) 256-261 Bobby Reyes

 

2016 (4-6) 307-284 Bobby Reyes

 

2017 (1-9) 280-390 Bobby Reyes

 

2018 (5-6) 326-411 Bobby Reyes

 

Humm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

nope. if they were/are they would be going for back to back titles.

anywho.......

I guess you define elite as being THE State Champion.  The rest of the world would not.  In fact NCAA has a coined phrase “Elite 8” which is what the winner of this game will find themselves playing in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I anticipated a high scoring affair, but with this weather becoming a factor, I’m not so sure.  Turnovers could decide it all.  Between fumbles and dropped passes, the whole scenario has changed.  Still, regardless of the weather, I anticipate a great game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I expect C H to get ahead by at least 14 by the middle of the 3rd quarter…….but if somehow it stays close, C H will have a lot of trouble tackling the big RB after everyone is getting a little tired in the 2nd half.  

Nah, that big RB gonna be tired and S L O W after taking so many licks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...