5A D1 R2 Semi-Final: Longview vs Port Arthur Memorial

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-0) vs Port Arthur Memorial Titans (11-1)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Port Arthur Memorial in a close one
    • Port Arthur Memorial in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

Same thing I posted on SETX. 

No doubt LV is the favorite but  I think PAM can make things interesting. Crosby did for 1 quarter, LS did for a half, maybe its a trend. PAM should try and control the clock on offense and probably will need to sell out to stop the run on defense. Take your chances having the LV QB beat you. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

There are several teams who could stop us. PAM is one of them. Aledo is scary good too. 

I honestly don't see it with PAM. Massive upset if it happens IMO.

Reedy probably has the best shot in R2.

Aledo is playing the best ball right now in the entire classification, so there's that.

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

I honestly don't see it with PAM. Massive upset if it happens IMO.

Reedy probably has the best shot in R2.

Aledo is playing the best ball right now in the entire classification, so there's that.

Defense wins championships...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I know that's a popular catch phrase but it isn't true: https://freakonomics.com/2012/01/does-defense-really-win-championships/

Interesting stuff.

Look at the 2018 team.

The 2018 defense was good, no doubt about it. But Longview has had better defenses. This year being one of them.

Now....that offense? Good luck finding a better Lobo offense than that one. This years' is probably just as talented though. Still can't believe a Lobo offense nearly threw for 4K, and we were still able to run the ball as usual.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

This years' is probably just as talented though.

For what it's worth, this year's team is on track to be the second highest scoring in program history. Throw in we've only just now gone over the 100 points allowed mark as well...

Edited by LoboFan07
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I know that's a popular catch phrase but it isn't true: https://freakonomics.com/2012/01/does-defense-really-win-championships/

Interesting stuff.

Yea I get where they coming from but I've always been a believer that you need a good defense to win championships. You remember Lake Ridge few years back? Offense was varsity but the defense was freshman. Which is why I don't think PA will beat Longview. I don't think their Defense is Lake Ridge bad but we will see...

I'ma go with...

Longview 56

PA 28

Edited by gtee2

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

Look at the 2018 team.

The 2018 defense was good, no doubt about it. But Longview has had better defenses. This year being one of them.

Now....that offense? Good luck finding a better Lobo offense than that one. This years' is probably just as talented though. Still can't believe a Lobo offense nearly threw for 4K, and we were still able to run the ball as usual.

Longview had a pretty decent QB that year...

3 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

I don't think their Defense us Lake Ridge bad but we will see...

From what I've seen thus far, this isn't that far off of a comparison I feel defensively.

The QB this week is certainly not Jett Duffey thankfully.

Edited by LoboFan07

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

Imagine we have  a junior year Haynes on this 2022 team 👀 wouldn't be fair 

Forget Haynes...Bivins Caraway, 2013 Chumley, Quincy Grant, D'Marcus Miles, Pete Robertson...

I'd say Rashone McGee would be excellent in this offense.

Haynes/Aaron Johnson/Joel Armstrong would just be OP. But the above alone would leave no doubt too.

• Like 3